Sevco....the First Ever Visit To Firhill 26/11/2016

Lindau

Rangers were crap today and there for the taking. I genuinely think our tempo is too low, we're giving teams too much space and respect, and not doing the dirty bits of the game well enough. I'm bored of hearing about "positives to take from the game". These teams are very beatable with the squad we've got. We should have taken something today. We blew it.

• Like 1

I'd rather be watching the Jags in the Championship next season than to have a season in the top division sitting anywhere near(and be forced to listen to) some of the zoomers who have posted on here tonight.

Wow!

That kind of sentiment is very unusual for you LIB.

Guess you are frustrated as the rest of us are tonight?

Agree to a point, this team would be good enough though if they could see games out. Dropping the points we are from winning positions is not good enough and will see us in trouble if we can't curb it soon.

That is the point of my post - that without 25% of our starters it isn't surprising that we are in the position we are in.

I'd rather be watching the Jags in the Championship next season than to have a season in the top division sitting anywhere near(and be forced to listen to) some of the zoomers who have posted on here tonight.

Generally respect your posts LIB but can't think for one second that you would want us in the Championship. To think you would accept that fate just for the opinion of our least respected posters makes your post even less credible. We all have off days and get down I hope this is just your turn?

That is the point of my post - that without 25% of our starters it isn't surprising that we are in the position we are in.

Don't agree,the team on the park should be good enough to see the game out. Thise that are missing will be welcome back and should see us win games comfortably but those that are in the team at present should still do better.

Generally respect your posts LIB but can't think for one second that you would want us in the Championship. To think you would accept that fate just for the opinion of our least respected posters makes your post even less credible. We all have off days and get down I hope this is just your turn?

Sorry, Metz, but I stand by what I said and besides it's just a personal opinion. I'll put it another way. There's only one thing I can think of worse than watching us play next season in the Championship and that would be watching us play in the top division if i had to sit beside and listen to these zoomers. It's kinda hypothetical anyway as firstly I'm not planning in changing my seat and secondly I very much doubt my tolerant neighbours are for moving.

Sorry, Metz, but I stand by what I said and besides it's just a personal opinion. I'll put it another way. There's only one thing I can think of worse than watching us play next season in the Championship and that would be watching us play in the top division if i had to sit beside and listen to these zoomers. It's kinda hypothetical anyway as firstly I'm not planning in changing my seat and secondly I very much doubt my tolerant neighbours are for moving.

That's disappointing and regrettable LIB and with no intended harm I hope your pain lasts for many seasons to come. I am not so sure the Championship will bring any relief anyway going by the level of some posters on here you will still have the same issue in the lower league anyway.

Not quite understanding the criticism of Gordon's late throw in. It was 1-1 in an even game. Why should we not try to win? Keeping the ball at the corner flag seems like the lack of ambition that the same critics are alleging!

exactly, nobody round me was complaining the fact that we were going for a winner. In any case if the team felt we should hold out the captain or others should have told him to keep it short

exactly, nobody round me was complaining the fact that we were going for a winner. In any case if the team felt we should hold out the captain or others should have told him to keep it short

Even if you feel it was appropriate to go for broke and try and win the game, for the record I don't then that's fine but to throw in an aimless ball with no Thistle players even near it is criminal as often happens with our set pieces we just give possession back.

That's disappointing and regrettable LIB and with no intended harm I hope your pain lasts for many seasons to come. I am not so sure the Championship will bring any relief anyway going by the level of some posters on here you will still have the same issue in the lower league anyway.

Maybe missing my point (albeit my very subjective point), which in any case is more or less hypothetic..Reading some of the posts on here is one thing. Having to sit beside and listen to the same for 19 or so matches would be for me intolerable.

Much as I saw it. The other games where we've lost late goals has been more down to backing off, defending deep. Whether it was right or wrong we certainly at 1-1 were going for a winner. Didn't hear anyone around me complaining about that. Maybe on hindsight we should've sat back a bit and seen the game out settling for a point. Then again that's not exactly been something we're accomplished in.

Even if you feel it was appropriate to go for broke and try and win the game, for the record I don't then that's fine but to throw in an aimless ball with no Thistle players even near it is criminal as often happens with our set pieces we just give possession back.

It was hardly going for broke. We were 100 yards away from our goal. Like I said the captain or the management could have pulled rank if he felt we should kill time.

Anyway, at least we were at the game and can argue the merits of whether we should or shouldn't. If Ian mac had his way none of us would have got to support our team today

No seriously that was a real boot in the balls again,

Again being the operative word. Can our stats man pull something up about last minute goals and the old firm.

If Sevco had scored to make it 1-2 in the match time then fair enough but why oh why are we having to always endure the agony of last gasp goals against with 30secs to go?

What a difference 15 minutes makes! 80 minutes into that game we were on three points - 15 minutes later, none. If we had held out for the win we would be sitting in 6th rather than 12th place at the moment. This is frustrating, but underlines just how tight this division is outside the top five places.

That result hurts like hell, but did I really think this was going to be the first season in decades of following the Jags that would be devoid of a few kicks in the teeth?

We're in a seven-way scrap to avoid the bottom two places, and on what I've seen of us and the others around us so far, I think we're going to be fine.

• Like 2

Barts was superb today. I thought in large parts today we played with guts and determination-if Ryan's shot had been an inch or two lower, I've no doubt we'd all be celebrating a win. That's the human factor and chance aspects of the game. I was in the main stand today with my boy and my pal-when we scored, the old guy in front of me put his arms around the three of us and we jumped up and down like weans. Laughing our heads off and hugging a complete stranger. No ******* bigoted chants, no we arra peeple, no flares set off, just pure football joy. Tonight it's sore, but that moment is keeping me going. Bring on the Accies.

Unfortunately, the "human factor and chance aspects" of the game now mean that we have gone 39 consecutive matches without a win against either of the two arse cheeks. Easily the worst record of any comparable team in the country. In fact somebody on the outside looking on our inevitable laying down to those two teams might even be asking questions about what other factors (legal and illegal) are involved in such an abysmal, statistically improbable event.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, the "human factor and chance aspects" of the game now mean that we have gone 39 consecutive matches without a win against either of the two arse cheeks. Easily the worst record of any comparable team in the country. In fact somebody on the outside looking on our inevitable laying down to those two teams might even be asking questions about what other factors (legal and illegal) are involved in such an abysmal, statistically improbable event.

Indeed. Our record against those two is an utter disgrace.

• Like 1

The stat is shocking, but just concentrating on yesterday's game, I think the manager got his tactics spot on. Any time I have seen Sevco this season it noticeable that everything comes through and is created by Tavernier and Wallace. Those two were anonymous yesterday. Again we were undone by stupid individual errors. I still think we should have seen it out. It's criminal to think we were at the total opposite end of the ground in the 93rd minute with the ball in our full backs hands and less than a minute later they score the winner.

The stat is shocking, but just concentrating on yesterday's game, I think the manager got his tactics spot on. Any time I have seen Sevco this season it noticeable that everything comes through and is created by Tavernier and Wallace. Those two were anonymous yesterday. Again we were undone by stupid individual errors. I still think we should have seen it out. It's criminal to think we were at the total opposite end of the ground in the 93rd minute with the ball in our full backs hands and less than a minute later they score the winner.

It's been our downfall since we came up. Losing late, late goals. It begs the question of what mental toughness the players have. To put it another way, wecaren't cute enough to see out a game. I am extremely concerned that it will be our undoing this season.

Better team for the vast majority of the game, at home. I have no problem with us looking for a winner.

Such is the petty mindedness of some on here, if we'd played it into the corner and played for a draw, Archie and the team would have been criticised for it.

Something along the lines of...

"How can we as fans have confidence or hope to ever beat the old firm, if after being on top for the whole game and being in an attacking position in the last minute, we give up and play for a draw. We might as well admit we are their bitches. Gordon can GTF, hes all talk, thinks hes a winner, can take a long throw, but instead plays it into the corner. What is Archie doing all week if the team dont have the belief they can win a game in the last minute, at home in a game we've dominated."

• Like 2

The way the game was lost will always lead to some overreactions post match but the way the team continually makes the same mistakes is worrying.

Defence needs fixed pronto, some of the defending is school boy at best.

Dodoo's first was an excellent finish but he had all the time in the world due to Lindsay following the ball instead of looking to see where Dodoo was.

The 2nd was even worse culmulating in a shot Stuckmann should have saved.

Again, plenty of positives but no points.

Only 3 points off 6th so a decent season is still well within reach but we need to start picking up points soon.