Archie To Oxford?

lithgaejag

Yes, I can just see the Daily Retard's "quote" now: "'Although I said this club was not good enough for our young player Liam, it is a wonderful opportunity for me,' said Jags boss on his appointment to the hotseat at Oxford United."

Aye, right! The Daily Retard has seen the opportunity to create a story as clickbait.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink also ahead of Archie to land the job.

All becoming tiresome this speculation, and it isn't going to help pre-season preparation any. When you have a gaffer as good as Archie, there will always be interest, but it seems unrelenting recently, and speculation over the manager's future isn't a great selling point for potential players.

• 1 month later...

He was 9/2 for yesterday but today has drifted out to 8/1. Dougie Freedman seems to be the bookies man for the job. I would be very surprised at Archie working under Levein.

Levein is very much the elephant in the room. Reckon it goes some way to explain so many names being thrown around. Maybe the bookies don't know much about Archie and assumed a relatively young manager would tolerate Levein?

Kinda hope Schhteeeve McLaren gets the gig just to hear his Embra accent. Efter awl Hertz arra barry club tae manage, ken?

• Like 1