Friday Night Against Celtic

Paolo

Och, to be honest thought we were none existent as an attacking force until the last ten minutes-but overall if I'm honest I would've probably taken that before the game. Penalty, looked like one at the time and thought Dools should have done way better with his chance..

Still, decent grounds for optimism once new players bed in and some who look to be carrying injuries e.g. Brannigan, Dools and Squiddy?

Funnily enough although we didn't play brilliantly, I'm feeling prettŷ sanguine about the games to come and actually reasonably optimistic about our double header against Sevco.

Stonewall penalty when viewed from behind the goal. From Junior Dallas' position he is on the wrong side to see Storey nicking the ball first, nor can he see the clear directional contact from Biton on Storey that knocks him off balance and brings him down. From his position, all he sees is two players coming together, one of whom goes down slightly theatrically and it's on the wrong side of the goal for the linesman to be any help.

Arguably, he made the right decision as a referee as he coundn't be sure it was a penalty. BUT...he should have been at least 5 yards closer to the action and as a professional ref, he should have been able to tell from the reaction of the players of both sides that it was a pen. T*t.

I would have taken this result before the game but can't help feeling that it's a point lost.

This is what makes football such a great game, Barney thinks it wasn't a penalty and most of us think it was, unfortunately for the majority the referee agreed with Barney. Did we deserve a point, I don't think we did nearly enough. The first half was dreadful, second half better but you cannot wait until the last 10 minutes before deciding maybe we can get something.

Midfield we were very poor, silly fouls, poor decision making. Defensively we were very good, Turnbull and Keown were a good partnership and Elliot was very good, Booth much better tonight.

Attack wise I hope Storey starts before Sammon, difficult to judge on tonight's showing but I can't see Sammon scoring many goals. Even though we have lost both league games I can see promise but we need to get a win soon.

Wouldn't disagree with you Big Col and if you go into a game thinking you will lose, then, hey, you usually do. Every game is there to be won, but realistically some games are more challenging than others. I don't like to criticise Archie but I wish he could instil more self-belief into the team that we can get something out of the more difficult games. If he did, some of it might even rub off on the likes of me!

• Like 1

Realise I'm in the minority here but I thought the whole team was brilliant tonight and if that was any other team in the league we would've won comfortably. Defensively we were solid and the T&K partnership looks very promising, the midfield was very good tonight especially Edwards and the attack was decent except for the missed chances. We were never going to beat Celtic but this is a great performance tonight we just lost to a good goal. Btw that was a stonewall penalty at the end.

This is as clear-cut a penalty as it gets.

Tripped at the shins. Pushed in the back. Didn't get the ball.

Short of actually taking a swing at Storey, I don't understand what more anyone could say is necessary for each piece of contact, individually let alone taken together, to constitute a foul.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Stark raving stonewall penalty. If the kick on the heels doesn't do it for the son of a hvn, then the blatant push in the back (as pointed out by WJ above) for good measure leaves even a very poor ref with no choice but to point to the spot. Bottom line: Dallas shat it - The End.

By the way, I hope Ratnamara paid to get in. No shame in showing his horrible, gnarled coupon at Firhill, but of course he'd have been getting money off BT Sports for joining their shitey wee pundit mob inc. Sutton & McCoist - whit a horrible trio!

FTOF&S.

Hard to tell from my seat in the norh stand.But just watched highlights on BBC Scotland web page and it is a stonewall penalty.Celtic player never gets near the ball but gets Storey.I was encouraged by our performance and just hope we can take it into the games we have coming up.