North-West Bus V Hearts 19/11..................maybe?

CCjag

Should they not be made to have another alternative venue in place (maybe even Firhill), there's going to be a lot of club playing away from home s Hertz could easily find another Neutral venue?

No shortage of grounds, it being played on a Sunday. This is where the embarrassment factor comes in. They've had an alternative neutral ground (Murrayfield) up until now. It not being available Hearts have gambled. Game could've been played at Parkhead (perhaps even tomorrow). I tend to side with no punishment for Hearts. They may be guilty of misleading the SPFL but in my mind it's Doncaster and his cronies that are more to blame. He just sits back and watches the whole fiasco unfold in front of him with of course most probably no ruling in place to cover such events.

BBC Scotland have just broadcast a piece from outside Tynecastle. Basically, they don't know if it's on or off. Worryingly, according to the reporter, the City Council can issue a safety certificate up to the point on the day of the match when the turnstiles would be opened. (Say 2.00 pm?)

So that's all right then. Plenty of time to decide whether to scoot through on the M8 and still see the teams running out. Scottish football truly is a farce. Let's hope that if no certificate can be issued, it's announced in good time to prevent people leaving for the match - wherever they live.

Imagine if we ever had a situation where thousands turn up only to be told that a council official has called the game off because of some concerns over building work. Could never happen. Oh haud on a minute.........................

Edited by a f kincaid

There's nothing like a financial penalty or points forfeit to focus the minds of ambitious club directors. Fairly obvious with hindsight, I suppose.

I imagine the Hearts would say they have had a points penalty by not winning many games at Tynecastle. Financially it probably isn’t so clear as Murrayfield is a bigger stadium, but playing the game at Tynecastle on Sunday even if there are no supporters would be a Financial penalty.

I guess you meant a fine and points deduction though.

Tynecastle has failed a safety inspection for the new stand. No certificate issued by the council.

Hearts are going to continue working through the night and into tomorrow with a further inspection due around lunchtime tomorrow (Saturday).

Edited by CCjag

Tynecastle has failed a safety inspection for the new stand. No certificate issued by the council.

Hearts are going to continue working through the night and into tomorrow with a further inspection due around lunchtime tomorrow (Saturday).

Doesn’t sound promising however the fact they are going to work on through night is hopefully suggesting they are almost there and it is not major stuff left.

Edited by elevenone

Why postpone a game a week in advance when the circumstances are obviously going to change? Hearts and the SPFL have never said the game was in doubt. Edin Council have been positive about the Safety Certificate. I'm sure Archie and the players want it played. I fail to see how postponing the game would benefit anyone. Yes, I think it would be the same if it were one of the Old Firm playing. Fixtures have to be played. It's what football clubs do.

The December fixtures are ridiculous. Celtic have 9 games, we have 8 and everyone else has 7. Of course, if the Hearts game is postponed we will have 9 too. I think supporters are the lifeblood of the game. The authorities, it seems, don't agree.

If you actually sit back and think about the number of games in December it is an incredible decision. There are 38 league games to be played over 10 months. 9 games in one month is almost 25% of the total - even 7 games is 20%

statement from Ann Budge:

"A final visit will take place tomorrow at 12noon, following which I hope to be able to issue a “we are open for business” message early tomorrow afternoon. However...no guarantees!"

So Saturday high noon inspection visit would imply that there will be no inspections up to kick-off on Sunday.

Archie sounded exasperated on the news a few minutes ago - said it was not ideal for players/fans.

... and Budge, chair of a large organisation, using exclamation marks in an official communication - WTF.

I imagine the Hearts would say they have had a points penalty by not winning many games at Tynecastle. Financially it probably isn’t so clear as Murrayfield is a bigger stadium, but playing the game at Tynecastle on Sunday even if there are no supporters would be a Financial penalty. I guess you meant a fine and points deduction though.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Hearts have had 4 home league games (at Murrayfield) and 9 away league games. The vast majority of their home games will be played at Tynecastle. Their next 6 games, starting on Sunday(?), are at home.

As I have said, I have no problem with the SPFL trying to help a member club to make improvements to their facilities. Clearly, it was agreed that they would play home games at Murrayfield if necessary. It would have been known long ago that Murrayfield would not be available for this, and subsequent, fixtures, yet no alternative plans were put in place. Bad planning by Hearts and the SPFL. The inability of the home club to ensure that the fixture goes ahead, in these circumstances, should result in the away team being awarded a 3 - 0 victory.

By financial penalty, I meant a fine. I should have made that clear.

All easy to see now through hindsight tinted glasses. The SPFL will, no doubt, learn from this and be more rigorous in the future...

• Like 1

Just read on P&B that the Hearts development was done without a main contractor. That's a nightmare for a Project Manager, trying to co-ordinate a whole bunch of individual contractors. Delays are inevitable when working in this way.

Imagine having to negotiate with individual builders, joiners, metalworkers, groundworks, glaziers, painters, plumbers, electricians to get them to work round the clock to get it finished. There'll be a few happy tradesmen in Edinburgh after this week.

Granted that this is a farce but I am amazed that there has, at no time, been even a semblance of an apology from anyone at Hearts to their own supporters - far less to Jags fans who are self-evidently the least of any considerations.

The Hearts manager is bleating on in the media about this and, as far as I can see, has not made any attempt - regardless of how insincere - to apologise for the inconvenience to Hearts fans (taken for granted cash cows?). Admittedly he, and the club's owner, are self-absorbed to the point of obsession but surely even they could give lip service to some kind of consideration for the supporters.

Edited by JeanieD
  • Like 2

Seems a tad QUIET on our Official Site?????? From watching the news, this situation should be addressed immediately (or earlier) by the SPFL. In my opinion (for what its worth) I would expect the minimum the SPFL do is penalise HofM and also claim some compensation for the JAGs for the expenses incurred NOT TO MENTION the travelling support who may have planned weekends around the match etc. . . . . . . . Hopefully their own fans will show their discontent and direct it towards the Ms BUDGE. . . . . . . . . .

There definitely seems to be an injustice over the years and WE always seem to suffer.

Remember WE had to build a suitable stadium to ensure Premier League capabilities but spent all the money on bricks and mortar and NOTHING left to spend on players = WE SUFFERED and nearly disappeared forever. Then the 'unwashed' rented Hampden to ensure BIG £'s still arrived to finance their ground upgrade and now HofM played at Murrayfield to ensure their £'s rolled in and now they cannot provide a SAFETY CERTIFICATE for a venue they hope to fill on Sunday with members of the public. Less than 48hrs to sort it, hmmmm!

:red_card:

Edited by Tob Jag

Seems a tad QUIET on our Official Site?????? From watching the news, this situation should be addressed immediately (or earlier) by the SPFL. In my opinion (for what its worth) I would expect the minimum the SPFL do is penalise HofM and also claim some compensation for the JAGs for the expenses incurred NOT TO MENTION the travelling support who may have planned weekends around the match etc. . . . . . . . Hopefully their own fans will show their discontent and direct it towards the Ms BUDGE. . . . . . . . . .

There definitely seems to be an injustice over the years and WE always seem to suffer.

Remember WE had to build a suitable stadium to ensure Premier League capabilities but spent all the money on bricks and mortar and NOTHING left to spend on players = WE SUFFERED and nearly disappeared forever. Then the 'unwashed' rented Hampden to ensure BIG £'s still arrived to finance their ground upgrade and now HofM played at Murrayfield to ensure their £'s rolled in and now they cannot provide a SAFETY CERTIFICATE for a venue they hope to fill on Sunday with members of the public. Less than 48hrs to sort it, hmmmm!

:red_card:

What sanctions are available to the SPFL?

I would expect the minimum the SPFL do is penalise HofM

What exactly are they to be penalised for ? As far as I am aware, the match is still scheduled to be played exactly when it was scheduled to be played. If and when they don't get a safety certificate, then the powers that be can take action and the Thistle board can lodge complaints, but until thenwe have to assume that the game is on as HofM have consistently said and we have to trust them on their word.

How much did we get penilised for 2 year ago wen the spill of a bucket called our games off. Infact, there was a certain game supposed to be against dundee united, of which many had already travelled which was eventually called tatties at around hauf 12. Of course, the supporters are the last thought, but in terms of a club we can hardly get on our high horse when it comes to shite like this. It will be costing them a fortune to work round the clock to get it ready. It doesnt benefit anyone to call it off so all the skidmarks need to get off there high horse an get a hard hat oan

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Hearts have had 4 home league games (at Murrayfield) and 9 away league games. The vast majority of their home games will be played at Tynecastle. Their next 6 games, starting on Sunday(?), are at home.

As I have said, I have no problem with the SPFL trying to help a member club to make improvements to their facilities. Clearly, it was agreed that they would play home games at Murrayfield if necessary. It would have been known long ago that Murrayfield would not be available for this, and subsequent, fixtures, yet no alternative plans were put in place. Bad planning by Hearts and the SPFL. The inability of the home club to ensure that the fixture goes ahead, in these circumstances, should result in the away team being awarded a 3 - 0 victory.

By financial penalty, I meant a fine. I should have made that clear.

All easy to see now through hindsight tinted glasses. The SPFL will, no doubt, learn from this and be more rigorous in the future...

I wasn’t really arguing with you BB. On the points front I think that Hearts have dropped points at Murrayfield that they would have expected to win - Killie anyway. But having an unfavourable set of fixtures and results can affect confidence.

I wasn’t really arguing with you BB. On the points front I think that Hearts have dropped points at Murrayfield that they would have expected to win - Killie anyway. But having an unfavourable set of fixtures and results can affect confidence.

Yes, I agree. But perhaps they dropped points because they are not very good. Now they have six home games their confidence may improve.

The problem is that this situation is rumbling on. Hearts will probably get a temporary safety certificate for the game on Sunday and then what? Apply for another temporary certificate on Monday for the next game? Hearts are having to do hurried, temporary works in order to get this game on. Some of this work will need to be re-done on a permanent basis in order to sign off the building warrant and get a full safety certificate. With six games coming up, when will this happen? Costs must be rising. The SPFL really need to get a grip of this. Perhaps they are involved in discussions with Hearts. They need to let us all know what they are doing about it.

The following is lifted from a post on Jambos Kickback. They are quotes from various Hearts statements. I assume they are accurate.

August

“Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.”

“Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017.
Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September”

October

“I will issue a further detailed progress up-date to our supporters later in the week. I would, however, take this opportunity to
stress that the building programme will see the handover of Phase 1 requirements to the club within the next 10 days.”

“However, the time then
remaining to enable "acceptance testing" of all the various new facilities and processes would be very limited,
were we to aim to play our opening game on 5th November, 2017.”

November

“1. Only part of the Ground Floor (Main Reception area, the Players’ Lounge and the Supporter Turnstiles) will be open for business. All other areas are strictly out-of-bounds.

3. I want to stress that not all concourse areas have been decorated to the finished standard, particularly in the North section. However, we will have everything fully completed and decorated to a high standard over the coming weeks.”

Stark contract between the August and November quotes.