Tynecastle: Final Safety Checks At 0800

CCjag

Presumably because it takes some time to conduct a safety check.

This nonsense cannot be compared (as some have tried to do) to matches that are postponed at the last minute because of the weather; this is incompetence by Hearts. I now hope that the safety cerificate is not granted, and that the SPFL applies some penalty against Hearts. It may also trigger a re-appraisal by the SPFL of the congested Thistle fixture list in December. I'm not holding my breath.

Appreciate the time involved, but it either met acceptable/required standards last night or it didn’t.

If the former, why was another inspection required at 0800?

If the latter, why was – as claimed – any certification granted?

The answer, I think, lies in the careful wording of last night’s statement.

NB: “we have our temporary occupation certificate for the new stand”

If you look at the photos from yesterday, while there was obviously work to be done on the new structure, a major issue appeared to be access/egress to/from our section of the Roseburn Stand.

With confirmation finally given, it will be “interesting” to see what we encounter since the pics didn’t even show any turnstiles apart from the isolated old ones which are clearly inoperable.

Edited by CCjag

Yup BB - curious that the victim should have to apologise for the perpitrator - I suspect that once the Edinburgh side have won their gala day fixture by the standard 3-0 they will be hugely apologetic for all the inconvenience and gushing in their thanks for the understanding of the powers that be - a nice shallow and insincere touch, inevitably too little too late.

Edited by JeanieD

Good statement by the club.

The circumstances surrounding a decision about today's game would never have been allowed to have run so far had it been the ugly sisters, Hibs or Aberdeen, all of whom can be said to have a bigger travelling support than the Jags. Irrespective of the opposition, the manner in which this has been handled by both Hearts and the SPFL is worthy of some serious scrutiny as it isn't acceptable to take member clubs and their supporters forgranted as has been the case in this instance.

Good disciplined 45 minutes so far but a poor miss from Storey (who generally could do with learning from Dools who to trap a ball, his first touch really lets him down time).

Dallas has been atrocious, following on from his calamitous performance here last time we visited. Summed up the stupidity for the officials for (rightly) speaking to Cerny for repeated time wasting and then seconds later his 4th official adds on 1 minute injury time...