Ross County 30/12/17

Auld Jag

Where did the doolan song come fae?

As i said, ye can say it as ye see it on here, but at the game, lets hear yer songs

This and some other song are now first in the Thistle hymn sheet on a match day are they?

Was it Sabbath that decided Owen Coyle was a paedophile too, because that was fckin embarrassing.

I l9ve the fact you're telling me, without a hint of irony, I should be singing more.

From the highlights:

Nothing wrong with Ross County's goal; it should have stood. We got lucky there.

Barton is an excellent sweeper; he is by no means a midfielder.

They had a couple of free headers from corners.... again, we got away with it this time.

Our second goal was excellent.

The Doolmeister... surely he'll hit double figures again this season.

Jaggernaut.. Just to clarify, I don't think the County goal was ruled out for offside against the scorer.

I was in line with where the kick was taken and several County players tried to gain an advantage by initially lining up goal side of our defence.

It looked to me like No 15 Davies didn't get out before the kick was taken, so fortunately for us the touch he got on the ball on it's way through to the scorer

was enough for the linesman to flag him offside.

This isn't apparent in the highlights.

• Like 2

Jaggernaut.. Just to clarify, I don't think the County goal was ruled out for offside against the scorer.

I was in line with where the kick was taken and several County players tried to gain an advantage by initially lining up goal side of our defence.

It looked to me like No 15 Davies didn't get out before the kick was taken, so fortunately for us the touch he got on the ball on it's way through to the scorer

was enough for the linesman to flag him offside.

This isn't apparent in the highlights.

In that case, got to hand it to the officials for doing their job right for once!

Was it Sabbath that decided Owen Coyle was a paedophile too, because that was fckin embarrassing.

Who sings that every week?

The point im making is regardless of anyone's opinion, were all there to support Thistle. After the game ye say what ye see but for that 90 minutes nobody is shouting Archie out.

Inverness last January was a shocking spectacle but at least it got a hymn going on the train hame

Who sings that every week?

The point im making is regardless of anyone's opinion, were all there to support Thistle. After the game ye say what ye see but for that 90 minutes nobody is shouting Archie out.

Inverness last January was a shocking spectacle but at least it got a hymn going on the train hame

Owen Coyle is a paedophile was sung at the weekend. It would be even more embarrassing 8f it was sung every week. It's not the 90s and as far as I'm aware he has no conviction to his name.

Having a dig at people in the JHS does you no good either. In fact it makes you look rather childish.

And for reference, just because your group start two new songs doesn't make them "first on the hymn sheet". But at least you're trying.

Is the Doolan song the one that gets the name of our top scorer of the last 40+ years wrong?

I think it's well intended, but disrespectful to get his name wrong.

Never understood why it's not "Oh we love Kris Doolan" or "Oh he is Kris Doolan" or something similar.

We accidentally spelt his legendary name with a C, sticks oot a mile in full voice. I feel for whoever has to unravel your knickers

I think the point that is being made is that his name isn't "Kristopher" but simply "Kris." Unlike Kris Commons for example, whose name is actually Kristian, Kris Doolan's name isn't short for anything (I'm lead to believe). Therefore the song references a player that doesn't even exist.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1

I think the point that is being made is that his name isn't "Kristopher" but simply "Kris." Unlike Kris Commons for example, whose name is actually Kristian, Kris Doolan's name isn't short for anything (I'm lead to believe). Therefore the song references a player that doesn't even exist.

We better tell everyone then to stop singing it. Jeezo, no wonder the matchday experience is falling flat on its erse when you start to pick the flaws oot a daft song which is intended on saluting a hero. What next, nobody will be going to the tavern to join in the fun. When did we ever get so serious?

Edited by MonehJags

We better tell everyone then to stop singing it. Jeezo, no wonder the matchday experience is falling flat on its erse when you start to pick the flaws oot a daft song which is intended on saluting a hero. What next, nobody will be going to the tavern to join in the fun. When did we ever get so serious?

You seriously think it's ok to salute a hero by getting his name wrong?