Dunfermline away 26/02

BalornockJag

22 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Given credit? For acting like a daft 12 year old wee lassie, gloating at every defeat.

I’ve already said, I’m Archie’s Aunty. Sparing my blushes, all I will say is that I’m considerably older than 12. ;)

No fan gloats at our defeats; I think our league position is scary. So I care. And I think Change is required to save us from relegation. 

43 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Given credit? For acting like a daft 12 year old wee lassie, gloating at every defeat. The boys an erse piece, dont care what you or anybody says. As for last night, I didnt go with a red and yellow gary caldwell scarf. I went to cheer us on expecting the unexpected, sadly it was all too familiar. So you want to sack the boy, my question is, what do we do next? This debacle has been years in the making and is not something that will easily be changed. Its a total rebuild that is required now, not a few players. Is Caldwell the man? He's under severe pressure for sure, but whoever is in charge next season faces a difficult job

To answer your question, Caldwell was never the man imo. Apart from when he won the league 1 title with Wigan he has been an abject failure. If you read the Wigan fans forum, he could not help but win the league 1 title that season, because they threw money at it to get out of the league. When they got promoted to the Championship he got sacked 2 months into the season because they were doing so bad. His record at Chesterfield, he won 3 games out of 29. Fans talk about players having a losing mentality, I think managers can also have that as well. With Caldwell in charge we are only going in one direction and that is down.

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

Given credit? For acting like a daft 12 year old wee lassie, gloating at every defeat. The boys an erse piece, dont care what you or anybody says. As for last night, I didnt go with a red and yellow gary caldwell scarf. I went to cheer us on expecting the unexpected, sadly it was all too familiar. So you want to sack the boy, my question is, what do we do next? This debacle has been years in the making and is not something that will easily be changed. Its a total rebuild that is required now, not a few players. Is Caldwell the man? He's under severe pressure for sure, but whoever is in charge next season faces a difficult job

We did not act in the January window as if we needed a complete rebuilding; instead we have gone for complete short termism.  It might work, but should it not, then Gary Caldwell (and others) deserve to be under severe pressure.

50 minutes ago, jaf said:

We did not act in the January window as if we needed a complete rebuilding; instead we have gone for complete short termism.  It might work, but should it not, then Gary Caldwell (and others) deserve to be under severe pressure.

In the transfer window, we absolutely did a rebuild moving all the dead wood out and getting new players in , unfortunately it looks like finance has dictated the calibre of player we’ve brought in

We’ve shopped at Poundland with cheap options in Mansell , Roy , Hazard and McMillan unproven at this level.

We’ve added 3O somethings in Harkins ( 18 month contract!! )McDonald and Anderson who are past their best when we needed proven players with pace and energy.

The only players who have enhanced our team in the transfer window are Cardle , Saunders and maybe Stephen Anderson, the rest aren’t much better than what we let go .

• Haha 1

With the exception of Harkins who was strangely given an 18 month deal most of the signings in January were about keeping us up. How many will be at the club next season? Doolan looks like his race has been run however it doesnt help when you are given no service at all. If we are to ever push for promotion back to the top flight, i cant see it involving any of the current squad never mind the manager

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

To answer your question, Caldwell was never the man imo. Apart from when he won the league 1 title with Wigan he has been an abject failure. If you read the Wigan fans forum, he could not help but win the league 1 title that season, because they threw money at it to get out of the league. When they got promoted to the Championship he got sacked 2 months into the season because they were doing so bad. His record at Chesterfield, he won 3 games out of 29. Fans talk about players having a losing mentality, I think managers can also have that as well. With Caldwell in charge we are only going in one direction and that is down.

Like like like

45 minutes ago, sandy said:

But surely Fitzpatrick, Sneddon, Banzo & Spittal are useful enough to be here next season? 

Agree. These are good players and we should be building round them. We need a snarling midfielder and centre half. We lack fight and heart. 

I don’t have a problem with short terminism in January it’s a difficult window to recruit real quality and our problem is in the next two months ! 

I said when GC was appointed I had no idea if he would be successful or not as predicting managerial success is a pretty futile exercise .... he should be judged on results 

if we are going to replace him you have to give his successor at least 6 games to have a chance .... so excluding the hearts game he has 2/3 league games to save himself 

have the Board learned the lesson of standing by Archie for too long ... I have my doubts 

9 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Just been reminded that next season very possibly Thistle will be playing in a league below the one Dick Campbell will be managing in.

Good Night, All. Sweet Dreams.

Part time Arbroath 16 points ahead of full time Raith Rovers, who have been in league1 for a number of seasons now. Anybody who thinks if we get relegated we will bounce straight back, think again.

5 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

How did that get missed when he was interviewed? Were we that short of quality candidates? Its all about timing though, we were a club going down, Caldwell hasnt improved it. Two year ago at least we were still an attractive proposition and would have had better options. Its funny how those that didnt really give Caldwell a chance are the ones who campaigned heavily not to sack Archie. Someone said about giving a forum user credit for constantly hounding our current manager, if they only could have seen the disasterous path the previous clown took us down and hounded him out sooner, we might just be as good as Livingston instead of staring into the abyss

31 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

How did that get missed when he was interviewed? Were we that short of quality candidates? Its all about timing though, we were a club going down, Caldwell hasnt improved it. Two year ago at least we were still an attractive proposition and would have had better options. Its funny how those that didnt really give Caldwell a chance are the ones who campaigned heavily not to sack Archie. Someone said about giving a forum user credit for constantly hounding our current manager, if they only could have seen the disasterous path the previous clown took us down and hounded him out sooner, we might just be as good as Livingston instead of staring into the abyss

Don't know how it was missed. I am not the best with this inter web thing, if I can find his record anybody can. Regarding Archibald I thought his time was up long before we sacked him. I had doubts after Kilmarnock beat us 2-0 at Firhill when their reserve manager was in charge, just before Clarke took over. Archibald had done brilliant for us but his time was up. When we sacked him I said sacking him might be the easy bit as we had to get the right replacement in.  Imo we haven't , I will be more than happy to be proven wrong. I don't think you do yourself any favours calling the previous manager a clown. He did a very good job for about 4 years. I don't think we will be able to say that about Caldwell.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dunmorejag said:

Tam O'Ware?

Can only go on what 'ton fans said, we didn't get the chance to see much of him beyond the league cup groups stages but yes. He should be an integral part of whoever the manager is, plans.

I just believe, happy to be proven otherwise, that a McIntyre, McCall, Lennon, dodds, whoever would get more from these players. Just saying 

10 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Don't know how it was missed. I am not the best with this inter web thing, if I can find his record anybody can. Regarding Archibald I thought his time was up long before we sacked him. I had doubts after Kilmarnock beat us 2-0 at Firhill when their reserve manager was in charge, just before Clarke took over. Archibald had done brilliant for us but his time was up. When we sacked him I said sacking him might be the easy bit as we had to get the right replacement in.  Imo we haven't , I will be more than happy to be proven wrong. I don't think you do yourself any favours calling the previous manager a clown. He did a very good job for about 4 years. I don't think we will be able to say that about Caldwell.

When you sign 'footballers' that never play professionally ever again, i think its quite apt. We have went from having a bright future to an unknown one in that space of time. Unbelievable