What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

45 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Gary Deans' final sentences in the full statement are very interesting . They  read "We have called for change and we are ready to play a leading role in the much needed reform  that our national game requires.  Change is required and urgently."

I don't believe he is talking about another league reconstruction doomed to failure.

Edited by East Kent Jag II
Leading not loading

25 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Gary Deans' final sentences in the full statement are very interesting . They  read "We have called for change and we are ready to play a loading role in the much needed reform  that our national game requires.  Change is required and urgently."

I don't believe he is talking about another league reconstruction doomed to failure.

Dean’s letter is so much better thought out and worded compared to our rant

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Hold onto your sides and no one have drink in mouth when reading this.  Peter Lawwell says Celtic have been hit worse than any by pandemic.  :loco:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19008871.peter-lawwell-issues-apology-celtic-fans-dubai-trip/

Have i missed something. Have they been demoted and then only 10 games into the season been ordered to stop playing football for at least 3 weeks. Didn't think so.:red_card:

46 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Have i missed something. Have they been demoted and then only 10 games into the season been ordered to stop playing football for at least 3 weeks. Didn't think so.:red_card:

If I was a cynic, I'd claim that a certain East End club would not be unhappy at the FM deciding that elite sport can't continue, and force SFA/SPFL to null and void the season, before half of the games are played.

Whoops!!!    too late:frantic:

25 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

If I was a cynic, I'd claim that a certain East End club would not be unhappy at the FM deciding that elite sport can't continue, and force SFA/SPFL to null and void the season, before half of the games are played.

Whoops!!!    too late:frantic:

Wrong leagues have been 'paused'. Celtic would want the premier league null and void this season, unlike last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Hold onto your sides and no one have drink in mouth when reading this.  Peter Lawwell says Celtic have been hit worse than any by pandemic.  :loco:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19008871.peter-lawwell-issues-apology-celtic-fans-dubai-trip/

To top it all, Lawwell considers allegations of arrogance unfair. They honestly have no grip on reality, seem to exist in their own universe. 

I feel that every club who feel that they have been unfairly treated should all get together. They should then release a joint statement about how this should have been handled that would not have meant teams being unfairly punished by being forced to stop playing without any consultation at all from the authorities who are meant to be looking after their best interest. The problem is the leagues that are affected, most fans don't care about leagues below premier, ever mind the leagues below championship. The teams also need to get the media to pay attention to our plight as well. Everybody knows they are only interested in 2 teams and it is not Thistle and Falkirk. Not an easy task, but our club and all other clubs who feel the same way need to make their concerns heard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I feel that every club who feel that they have been unfairly treated should all get together. They should then release a joint statement about how this should have been handled that would not have meant teams being unfairly punished by being forced to stop playing without any consultation at all from the authorities who are meant to be looking after their best interest. The problem is the leagues that are affected, most fans don't care about leagues below premier, ever mind the leagues below championship. The teams also need to get the media to pay attention to our plight as well. Everybody knows they are only interested in 2 teams and it is not Thistle and Falkirk. Not an easy task, but our club and all other clubs who feel the same way need to make their concerns heard.

Agreed. Maybe get Falkirk to write it? 

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Agreed. Maybe get Falkirk to write it? 

Not sure who would be involved, it would be a joint decision . As i say it needs to be a strong statement to get the attention of the media, who have more pressing things on their minds. Like sevco winning their first top league title.

32 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I agree on this, but instead of just highlighting the complaints the teams need to propose a working solution.

The big issue is getting all to stand together especially when the off line conversations start coming from Lawell and Doncaster to clubs 

24 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I agree on this, but instead of just highlighting the complaints the teams need to propose a working solution.

The big issue is getting all to stand together especially when the off line conversations start coming from Lawell and Doncaster to clubs 

Agree. A solution for completing this season is required. 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Ours came over like a rant. My thought was Kenneth Williams “Infamy ! Infamy ! Everyone’s got it in for me”

Falkirks is more measured and ends with an action. It is far more effective communication.

For me, the difference is that we warned the SPFL of the consequences of their actions(or at least claimed to have done). Falkirk waited until it was too late.

The SPFL have a lot of explaining to do. Money was given to the SPFL by the guy Anderson to allow lower league clubs to test players and keep playing. The SPFL in their wisdom ? decided to allocate it across all leagues. Now they force div 1 & 2 to stop playing because they aren’t testing ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Unfortunately, this would get nowhere. The SPFL have stacked the deck in their favour again. 22 of 42 clubs are allowed to keep playing.

• Like 1