What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 minute ago, Colognejag said:

I think Celtic fear UEFA will null and void the seasons across Europe. Suspicion is Celtic want this rushed through to ensure they are crowned before UEFA make that decision.

Do UEFA have that authority? I'd assumed that they were about call time on football being played this season and leave national authorities to determine the outcome as things stand. 

29 minutes ago, laukat said:

If the season is marked as complete Scotland is potentially entitled to a second champions league spot due to the runs Sevco and Celtic had in season 19/20. If 19/20 is scrubbed 2nd place is a Uefa cup spot which isn't as lucrative.

I always thought the extra places are always delayed, so it doesn’t kick in until 2021/22. 

1 minute ago, Muscat Jag said:

Do UEFA have that authority? I'd assumed that they were about call time on football being played this season and leave national authorities to determine the outcome as things stand. 

Don't know, just a possible reason as to why they felt they had to rush through a decision last week...

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

FAO Neil Doncaster. The Icelandic FA (KSÍ) accelerates payments to clubs to ease the financial burden. Look at the shambles going on in Scotland, the SPFL hierarchy couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. 

What do you expect for 400k a year ( Doncaster’s salary )

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Maybe we have misjudged them and they have always wanted the integrity and impartiality and by cancelling their vote it was the best tool to get that moving. Perhaps reconstruction of the league was always their bargaining point and it wasn't about glamour friendlies.

I'm happy to have the jury out on DFC and see where this saga goes.

I suspect DFC are simply taking advantage of the monumental error the SPFL made by releasing the partial result.  Will see how that plays out. 

However, this is one reason I am not keen on calls for boycotts.  The Forfar chairman for example has kind of dug himself into a hole.  Had Forfar called in the football debt for Alan Morgan in the run up to Save The Jags, there probably wouldn’t have been been a club to save.  For me, that gives them a free pass for their chairman saying things on the radio.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mgow said:

I suspect DFC are simply taking advantage of the monumental error the SPFL made by releasing the partial result.  Will see how that plays out. 

However, this is one reason I am not keen on calls for boycotts.  The Forfar chairman for example has kind of dug himself into a hole.  Had Forfar called in the football debt for Alan Morgan in the run up to Save The Jags, there probably wouldn’t have been been a club to save.  For me, that gives them a free pass for their chairman saying things on the radio.  

Nope. No free pass on this one.

Taking Dundee's statement at face value, i.e. they want a serious discussion about league reconstruction (presumably within the 28 day period), offers clubs the chance to change their vote if the SPFL  rescinds the rule that only no votes can be changed.

The SPFL should now come clean and have a grown up discussion with all clubs about reconstruction, rather than (illegally) trying to Shanhai clubs into taking the dosh under duress.

3 minutes ago, mgow said:

By announcing that Dundee were the last club to vote and knew they could sway things, they were given undue "advantage" - they should never have been told this. The result of votes should only ever have been given once all votes were in. That is where it all stinks. This is where the SPFL have got themselves into a hole. They could not accept a decision was made that they did not want.

I love a bridie, the ones from the all-night bakery in St. Andrews were the bees-knees. That is good enough to like Forfar for me! They acted with grace over Morgan. They are entitled to vote whatever way they did, but like too many voted on something, they were forced into doing, when there was/is an alternative which is more fair. They were told it was the only option. Not true.

9 minutes ago, Colognejag said:

Yep, the noise is deafening from Celtic fans who do not want the title given to them...

Yeah I accept that.

I just dont know why they are so keen to get it done so quickly. Perhaps it is the UEFA situation. Still think Sellik would prefer to play the games and be crowned champions without questions.

23 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

What's stopping Thistle withdrawing our 'No' vote? Then we'll have exactly the same reconstruction leverage Dundee currently have. 

No it wouldn't..its the fact Dundee have the deciding vote that gives them the leverage

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

For the last three years Thistle have been extremely adept at social distancing in those situations. Perhaps they could be held up as an example by UEFA?

(Sorry Norge - it was an open goal......)

Our defense and midfield stand on the goal line holding hands at corners. Fox will be ok he’s usually 2 yards behind the line

1 hour ago, Jag36 said:

No it wouldn't..its the fact Dundee have the deciding vote that gives them the leverage

So would we if we also switched from No --> Yes. 1 Yes vote required and only ICT, Dundee or PTFC can make it happen. Guarantee to extend the League to 14 or negotiate some hefty compensation and we vote Yes.

Out the box thinking perhaps but why let Dundee hold all the cards whilst just waiting to be shafted.

Edited by One t in Scotland

35 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

So would we if we also switched from No --> Yes. 1 Yes vote required and only ICT, Dundee or PTFC can make it happen. Guarantee to extend the League to 14 or negotiate some hefty compensation and we vote Yes.

Out the box thinking perhaps but why let Dundee hold all the cards whilst just waiting to be shafted.

Given ICT,East Fife etc have put their neck on the line for us I think it would be pretty reprehensible to then do this 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

I'm sure that Thistle (and ICT and Hearts) will be in contact with Dundee. From today's statement it sounds like we are on the same page

49 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

You could be right..but think the rules were that once you've submitted a vote it can't be changed. Hence why the Dundee vote was 'never recieved' rather than they just retracted it. Could be wrong there though. Also if Dundee voted Yes that would meet the required threshold to finalise the league anyway because ours is a No vote so dont think it would hold anything up unfortunately.

Edited by Jag36