What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

3 hours ago, Stephen1876 said:

The one redeeming point for Dundee is that the majority of their fans seem to be as seething as us about it. 

Is this perhaps the reason Dundee are dithering over going public with their vote? 

From what I've seen on the Dundee site (pie and bovril) a number of their fans are saying that if Dundee fails to honour the agreement with ICT and ourselves they will never go back to Dens Park! Others just want to stop United getting promoted! 

A little hope still, perhaps! I know probably wishful thinking on my part! 

Excellent statement from the club. Just knew we would be ferreting away in the background. 

Provided we are not bluffing there is enough in this statement to let the SPFL know there could be a legal challenge. The request from PTFC to Doncaster to circulate to all 42clubs full details of loans available and circumstances in which they can be applied for is a very good tactic! 

If the SPFL refuse this request it will not look good in court and if they agree to the request it will be tantamount to admitting this information was either not known or not previously readily available. 

We might not win in the long run but on this point the phrase 'over a barrel' comes to mind! 

Now we need to get Rangers and Hearts (and another clubs) onside! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Will there be a vaccine that has been tested and approved as safe for use?

Will there be a vaccine that can be produced in the massive numbers to inoculate the population of Europe ... of Asia … of the Americas?

Yes

probably not in September 

33 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Excellent statement from the club. Just knew we would be ferreting away in the background. 

Provided we are not bluffing there is enough in this statement to let the SPFL know there could be a legal challenge. The request from PTFC to Doncaster to circulate to all 42clubs full details of loans available and circumstances in which they can be applied for is a very good tactic! 

If the SPFL refuse this request it will not look good in court and if they agree to the request it will be tantamount to admitting this information was either not known or not previously readily available. 

We might not win in the long run but on this point the phrase 'over a barrel' comes to mind! 

Now we need to get Rangers and Hearts (and another clubs) onside! 

Good point..and a lot of clubs apparently only voted for the proposal based on releasing the funds so if they are shown the loans were available in the first place and this information wasn't made available at the time- sure this won't go down well and will indicate further that whole voting process was heavily weighted in favour of shutting down the league

Edited by Jag36

3 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Good point..and a lot of clubs apparently only voted for the proposal based on releasing the funds so if they are shown the loans were available in the first place and this information wasn't made available at the time- sure this won't go down well

Think of the biggest rock v biggest hard place. There lies Mr Doncaster and his board. Not forgetting that Shyster Nelms. 

3 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Think of the biggest rock v biggest hard place. There lies Mr Doncaster and his board. Not forgetting that Shyster Nelms. 

Exactly and would imagine they've spent the last few days trying to figure away out this. Excellent timing too by Thistle as it would appear Dundee are very close to slyly changing their vote. Looks like the SPFL tactic is just going to be to push it through and try to ride it out- so the more pressure the better! 

20 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Good point..and a lot of clubs apparently only voted for the proposal based on releasing the funds so if they are shown the loans were available in the first place and this information wasn't made available at the time- sure this won't go down well and will indicate further that whole voting process was heavily weighted in favour of shutting down the league

Whicc is what I keep coming back to. Why were the SPFL so desperate to get the Leagues wound up?j

1 minute ago, Emsca said:

Whicc is what I keep coming back to. Why were the SPFL so desperate to get the Leagues wound up?j

Setting a precedent for the Premier League to finish..payouts to SPFL board members and executives..you're right that is what it all comes back to!

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But are Celtic that desperate to get a title which will always have an asterisk against it, especially as they would be odds on to get the 9 in a row whenever football resumes. 

Absolutely they are!

Can you hear Celtic and their masses (oops) shouting from the rooftops NOT to get the title?

Edited by Colognejag

Can’t help but feel we’ll be the most hated club after all this happens for prolonging the season instead of just saying ‘Aye just relegate us, we don’t mind.’  I think we are right to do what we are doing but think it’s just delaying the inevitable, they will never null and void the season, realistically the season won’t get finished and there will be another vote later to end the season which will get accepted as other clubs chairmans are too scared to upset the big teams. I can’t see reconstruction happening either.

21 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The SPFL don’t control the Highland/Lowland leagues so at some point the money gets diluted. It also changes the terms of the tv contract, so that needs to be renegotiated. 

Don’t get me wrong. I fully support the idea and would love to see bigger leagues, but there are complications to every solution and time is running out for cash strapped clubs. 

I can see why the SPFL proposed this as the easiest solution for them to implement if the vote had passed. I just don’t understand the need for the underhand way they went about it

I don’t know the details of the tv contract, but what we hear is the number of games to be televised and it is the tv companies that decide. They could just ignore Utd and ICT if they want. 
There are too many barriers being put up in what are unprecedented conditions.

I am sure there is no real dilution in the contracts. It’s just timing,