Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Lenziejag

No fans for 3 weeks

Recommended Posts

I would assume from previous posts by the club it will be home fans only and there will be a ballot of season ticket holders so 500 will get to game on 29th and presumably a different 500 on 2nd and same on 14th. How many season ticket holders are there?

Edited by dpj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dpj said:

I would assume from previous posts by the club it will be home fans only and there will be a ballot of season ticket holders so 500 will get to game on 29th and presumably a different 500 on 2nd and same on 14th. How many season ticket holders are there?

Slightly over two thousand if memory serves me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully fully compensated for the loss of income, average attendances over the period taking account of the opposition too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if it's better just to postpone the games as plenty of time to play them. Then again we did pretty well with no fans watching....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dl1971 said:

I'm wondering if it's better just to postpone the games as plenty of time to play them. Then again we did pretty well with no fans watching....

I was just going to post this as well. Apart from next to no crowds there could be games  postponed for covid outbreaks with players. Shut the leagues down now and restart with the cup games 22nd January.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I was just going to post this as well. Apart from next to no crowds there could be games  postponed for covid outbreaks with players. Shut the leagues down now and restart with the cup games 22nd January.

Call the season now and promote Arbroath. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Call the season now and promote Arbroath. 

They are doing really well, but i don't get this love in for Arbroath. If Thistle were top i would agree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

They are doing really well, but i don't get this love in for Arbroath. If Thistle were top i would agree with you.

No love in for them, but as a side who were one of the favourites to go down, they have done fantastically to be where they are. Mind you Campbell is a Dick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nohidingplace said:

Will Arbroath need to get under soil heating all-seated stadium and all the rest which thistle were forced to get,

.

No. I don't believe so.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, nohidingplace said:

Will Arbroath need to get under soil heating all-seated stadium and all the rest which thistle were forced to get,

.

That would depend on whether or not Motherwell finished bottom.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

I was just going to post this as well. Apart from next to no crowds there could be games  postponed for covid outbreaks with players. Shut the leagues down now and restart with the cup games 22nd January.

Agree wholeheartedly but the SPFL would overrule any such suggestion as being far too logical. 

Half the clubs in our division are already out the Scottish Cup, which would free up  a few weekends for some fixtures at least. Besides I doubt such a short shut down would generate a fixture pile up in any case.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking forward to going to the Ayr and Morton games with mates from down south. Now it’s back to square one. Take 3 jabs, wear a mask, wash your hands, work from home, avoid travel, take a test, socially distance. And still the bedwetting continues and people can’t go to the football. We were told vaccines would give us our freedom back. When will we learn to live with this, accept it’s another thing to add to the list of things that kill people and get on with life ? Two years of this and they still can’t come up with anything better than this. Just shut us down forever cause this virus is never going away

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

No love in for them, but as a side who were one of the favourites to go down, they have done fantastically to be where they are. Mind you Campbell is a Dick!

In no way am i getting at you, i also like to see the underdog do well. But when they are in the same league as us i want us to do better than them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic and Motherwell have asked for the winter break to be moved forward and St. Mirren have asked for their next 2 games against Celtic and Rangers to be postponed due to covid cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dpj said:

I would assume from previous posts by the club it will be home fans only and there will be a ballot of season ticket holders so 500 will get to game on 29th and presumably a different 500 on 2nd and same on 14th. How many season ticket holders are there?

 

2 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Slightly over two thousand if memory serves me .

Yeh, we've over 2000 ST holders. I hope the Club ask ST holders to apply for admission to each game. The uptake for each fixture will I reckon be nowhere near 2000. Would be in a normal season at this time of year. Will be even less demand with all that's going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

Was looking forward to going to the Ayr and Morton games with mates from down south. Now it’s back to square one. Take 3 jabs, wear a mask, wash your hands, work from home, avoid travel, take a test, socially distance. And still the bedwetting continues and people can’t go to the football. We were told vaccines would give us our freedom back. When will we learn to live with this, accept it’s another thing to add to the list of things that kill people and get on with life ? Two years of this and they still can’t come up with anything better than this. Just shut us down forever cause this virus is never going away

The problem is the precious and selfish anti vaxxers who have screwed things up for those of us who are desperate to progress our lives. 
U.K. and Scottish governments should be held to account for allowing these lilly livered luvvies to rule our lives.

  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

The problem is the precious and selfish anti vaxxers who have screwed things up for those of us who are desperate to progress our lives. 
U.K. and Scottish governments should be held to account for allowing these lilly livered luvvies to rule our lives.

What do you expect the respective governments to do? It is a personal choice. It becomes a police state if you then force people to take a vaccination.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×