The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

4 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

I wonder how many members of this site are currently also members of the Thistle Trust? 

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Why?

3 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Well, it’s not so I can indentify anyone for retribution! I am not a man of violence and prefer reasoned argument. But, there are a lot of strong feelings which have been released surrounding this issue. And, in any case, the person would have to be totally sure they were completely anonymous and had a secure platform (where they would remain unknown) so they could speak freely about everything without fear of comeback. It’s because it would be informative to hear from one of the Trust why they think they’ve acted in the best interests of the fans, the club etc. What do they think of the way this was all done? Eg the way TJF were treated? Eg The fact that it seems Colin Weir favoured the Well Society model, yet that hasn’t been delivered? (According to evidence presented on here a few weeks ago) Eg The situation where many Thistle fans feel let down by their club and those leading it? How does that person feel they’ve (The Trust) acted with regard to TJF? Eg the secrecy lack of openness at any point. Do they feel they’ve acted fairly? How does that person-a member of the Trust- ‘feel’ in the light of all that and particularly, how does that person believe they can give any loyalty or trust at all to the present Chair who in acting as she’s done to TJF, the Thistle support, could possibly do exactly the same thing again with the Trust…in the future!

Sorry, I thought you were meaning by "members of the Thistle Trust" those of us ST holders that qualify as "beneficiaries of the Thistle Trust".  My mistake.

9 hours ago, partickthedog said:

BB. Totally sympathise. However, as a season ticket holder I am effectively excluded too. The PTFC Trust may claim to represent me, but I have no say in how I am "represented".

I realise that we'll be talking layman lingo in so much that the Trust don't technically/legally/whatever represent us, but put that aside. It's not just having no say in how we're represented. For anyone to even claim/assume they represent us would be arrogance to a high degree. I also realise that it isn't helpful to bring individual persons and personalities into the equation. But the minute anyone uses my decision to  purchase a season ticket as some sort of endorsement of their particular designs, then I can't see how I could avoid making it personal.  

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Yes, his Twitter account is now private. Has to stand down, surely.

If he doesn’t stand down, or pressure from the Club Board doesn’t remove him, then it will have undermined our stance as an inclusive, family-friendly Club with decent values.

Misogyny has no place at Firhill, least of all from someone who wants to be the figurehead of the ‘fans body’ that will receive the shares..

I commend the stand that Heather Holloway, Heather Wilson and other fans have taken earlier today. 

4 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Off to a good start with a negative article by the journalist who probably has most access to the club, Supporters Direct Scotland questioning whether this is even fan ownership and a large number of fans coming out against it.

1. The PTFC Trust has been "revitalised" - what does that actually mean?

2. How did the people involved get there with no election?

3. Are we to be the only "fan owned" club that the entity who has the shares does not feel the need to raise additional funds for the club?

Sadly FT we are rapidly going from the cuddly toy of Scottish Football to the laughing stock. 

The Club Board didn’t do us any favours sending Roughie out onto the PLZ Soccer programme to try and defend 3BC actions. He got torn a new one on Twitter for not acknowledging  the links between 3BC and the Club Board and for trying to defend the shares going to an unelected group of random ‘fans’. 

So sad it has come to this, but it’s been coming for a while. The refusal of 3BC to deal on a level with a democratically elected TJF has come home to roost. All a bit of a PR disaster, ironically. 

I’m  ashamed of our Club tonight. Regime change is now essential,

Edited by sandy

38 minutes ago, sandy said:

If he doesn’t stand down, or pressure from the Club Board doesn’t remove him, then it will have undermined our stance as an inclusive, family-friendly Club with decent values.

Misogyny has no place at Firhill, least of all from someone who wants to be the figurehead of the ‘fans body’ that will receive the shares..

I commend the stand that Heather Holloway, Heather Wilson and other fans have taken earlier today. 

I was reading the statement from PTFC Trust on their Facebook page again and noticed that the chair's name has been removed from this.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I realise that we'll be talking layman lingo in so much that the Trust don't technically/legally/whatever represent us, but put that aside. It's not just having no say in how we're represented. For anyone to even claim/assume they represent us would be arrogance to a high degree. I also realise that it isn't helpful to bring individual persons and personalities into the equation. But the minute anyone uses my decision to  purchase a season ticket as some sort of endorsement of their particular designs, then I can't see how I could avoid making it personal.  

Agreed (out of likes for today)

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Commendation and support appreciated.

I presume that my “likes” will be restored at midnight!

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

There isn’t one mentioned  …..just their 5 names but I’m sure we will be given a detailed outline of what happened …..

Possibly not given their track record of communication & engagement. 

They ask us to ‘Trust in the Trust’ yet they cannot appoint someone with decent values in the first place. A bit of a PR disaster. 

Also somewhat ironic given the the first incarnation of the TJF Board were not considered to be ‘fit and proper’ by 3BC. 

Edited by sandy

1 minute ago, sandy said:

Possibly not given their track record of communication & engagement. 

They ask us to ‘Trust in the Trust’ yet they cannot appoint someone with decent values in the first place. A bit of a PR disaster. 

Ironic then that communication may well be the reason one of our Trust big hitters has gone AWOL

3 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Ironic then that communication may well be the reason one of our Trust big hitters has gone AWOL

Indeed m’lady. Of course has they run democratic elections, such previous bad form would surely have been uncovered during the campaign and the gentleman in question would not have been elected.

I misread big hitters as something else, I think I added an ‘s’ in my head. 

Edited by sandy

Just now, partickthedog said:

Actually I have now realised that the PTFC Trust are controlling the number of likes they deem it appropriate for me to have.

That’s the price you pay for membership. First they control your likes, then they control your mind. It is 1984 in reality. We are no longer at war with Eurasia. 

Is the club in better hands today  than if it had been purchased by Jordanhill Jag’s much-loved private equity firm? Genuine question.

The own goal scored by the current board in mishandling this share transfer almost beggars belief. What should have been a new dawn for the club, has been so ineptly managed that I fear for our short and long term future. What is Thistle, or any club for that matter, without supporters? 

4 hours ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Is the club in better hands today  than if it had been purchased by Jordanhill Jag’s much-loved private equity firm? Genuine question.

The own goal scored by the current board in mishandling this share transfer almost beggars belief. What should have been a new dawn for the club, has been so ineptly managed that I fear for our short and long term future. What is Thistle, or any club for that matter, without supporters? 

It is a good question. I’m not a fan of Private Equity firms, but JJ is often right when it comes to reading the runes. Perhaps we did need a benevolent owner to come in and buy the Club. Maybe s/he might have been willing to have fan representative(s) on the Club Board? 

The events of the last 24 hours have been more than one spectacular own goal. The announcement by 3BC was fairly awful in tone. Roughie on PLZ Sport wasn’t good. Then to top it all, the new Chair of PTFC Trust came & went within a few hours. Our Club has become a parody of itself.