The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

32 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

Rid - yes. This is exactly what has happened to the Jags Trust shareholding since the STJ days.

For transparency, I'm fairly sure that the changes to the PTFC Ltd constitution happened under David Beattie's watch. I am also sure that there were good reasons for doing it at the time.  But the point is that it now cuts across the core principle of the very pared back notion of fan ownership (I hesitate to even call it that) that is being promoted by 3BC and the Club.

It's fine until it's tested and found wanting. Personally, I really don't like the whole "trust me, I'm a good egg" line.  I'm sure everyone involved is a lovely person with the best of intentions, but give me a robust structure instead, every day of the week.  I don't want to have to pore over poorly drafted documents piecing together obvious loopholes - I want a well thought out structure with proper checks and balances and the supporters at the heart of it.

As the Eleventh Doctor in Doctor Who once said:

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many."

1 hour ago, stolenscone said:

Apologies if I am monopolising the chat:

Chi - here is another technical point for consideration:  a number of years ago, the PTFC Limited shareholders agreed to amend the company's constitution to allow the board of directors to issue new share capital (in unlimited amounts) to 3rd parties, as and when they saw fit.

An important effect of this is that it allows the board to dilute existing shareholders to the point of irrelevance.

So, hypothetically, the Trust could own 75% of the shares today. Ken Bates comes along tomorrow offering to buy the club for a pittance. The club board can issue enough shares to give Ken Bates a majority ownership without the Trust being able to do anything about it.  The Trust's interest is diluted into irrelevance,  and whatever limited role the Trust was supposed to play is easily side stepped.  

Without proper checks and balances, this is all just window dressing. 

Quite. I'm fairly certain, old hat as this is, that the Original Jags Trust shareholding was diluted several times. The first was when David Beattie subscribed for new share capital. The second was (I think) when Billy Allan did the same (though I may be misremembering that as he may only have been a PropCo investor). The third was when Colin Weir injected about £1 million of capital into the Club to clear the debt, the quid pro quo for which was 10% of shares to his family (latterly all held by him and now his executors) and 19% or so to the newly created PTFC Trust.

56 minutes ago, Dougall said:

"We were tired of the speculation around the club’s future and could see it causing divisions between fans and the club and wanted to do something about it.We hoped our experience may be of use if combined with others who have complementary skills to our own individual ones."

The Trust finally speaks. Unless their plan was to create more division between the fans and the club they have failed right from the start.

They have not just created division, they have ceded that no fans need to be part of the Club Board to represent the fans voice. That is a massive thing to concede on.

40 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Just yo let everyone know the PTFC are dropping snippets on their Facebook page 

the second one tells you they are thistle fans ….

They've spoken!

The Finance Director, The Creative Consultant, The Optometrist, The Chartered Surveyor, The Contract Furnisher. 

And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind, let us rejoice and let us sing, and dance and ring in the new.

Hail Atlantis!

"Whilst we are experienced and successful business professionals, as individuals, we have no experience of running a football club. We believe in the current board, who have skills and knowledge we do not possess. We hope to learn from them as we work closely together."

"In addition, we think having members on the club board could cause a conflict between their duties to the club and their responsibility to the fans."

"As majority shareholders, we will put questions raised by the fans on the agenda of every board meeting. The trustees will meet the club board immediately after every board meeting,  then report to the fans all non-confidential information discussed at the meeting within 48 hours"

Ooft. Where to start with that? The idea that the club is separate from the fans and what's good for one may not be good for the other is... well it's certainly bold.

20 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

They've spoken!

The Finance Director, The Creative Consultant, The Optometrist, The Chartered Surveyor, The Contract Furnisher. 

And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind, let us rejoice and let us sing, and dance and ring in the new.

Hail Atlantis!

My money is on the contract furnisher, he’s got things covered 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

"Whilst we are experienced and successful business professionals, as individuals, we have no experience of running a football club. We believe in the current board, who have skills and knowledge we do not possess. We hope to learn from them as we work closely together."

"In addition, we think having members on the club board could cause a conflict between their duties to the club and their responsibility to the fans."

"As majority shareholders, we will put questions raised by the fans on the agenda of every board meeting. The trustees will meet the club board immediately after every board meeting,  then report to the fans all non-confidential information discussed at the meeting within 48 hours"

Ooft. Where to start with that? The idea that the club is separate from the fans and what's good for one may not be good for the other is... well it's certainly bold.

They must have been easily dissuaded from actually have fan reps on the Club Board. I mean, nobody else have actually tried that and make it work, have they ;)

What exact responsibilities do they have to the fans? What about the ones that don’t hold STs? And who the Board to account?

Lots of questions, but hey let’s not worry - they have no experience of running a football club

Edited by sandy

10 hours ago, partickthedog said:

There has been mention of the transfer of the shares to the PTFC Trust having to be approved by the SFA.

Is that a hurdle of any significance or will the SFA simply rubber stamp this?

Rubber stamp if their approval process for rangers is any guide

10 minutes ago, sandy said:

They must have been easily dissuaded from actually have fan reps on the Club Board. I mean, nobody else have actually tried that and make it work, have they ;)

What exact responsibilities do they have to the fans? What about the ones that don’t hold STs? And who the Board to account?

Lots of questions, but hey let’s not worry - they have no experience of running a football club

Genuinely, what difference does it make who they are.  Pick any 6 random people from the phone book.

They have set out that they have no authority or influence or interest.  They will be told what's happening by the board.

We're in a way worse position as far is it being 'our club' than at any point since Save The Jags in my view.  And they think we're malleable and easily fooled.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Without any authority or influence, I could be controversial and say the shares are effectively meaningless. All the Club Board have to do is dilute the holding with more shares.

Or look at it the other way - the new arrangement effectively inflates the remaining 25% of shares to the full 100%

Just now, watties wallies said:

with all the comings and goings over the last 24 hours

can someone tell me who actually owns the jags

As things stand:

Three Black Cats Limited: about 55%

The PTFC Trust: about 19%

Colin Weir's Executors: about 10%

The Jags Trust: about 7.5%

Lord Kelvin: about 1.5%

Other minority shareholders: the rest.

The proposal is to give the 55% to the people with 19% at a time of the latter's choosing.

10 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

As things stand:

Three Black Cats Limited: about 55%

The PTFC Trust: about 19%

Colin Weir's Executors: about 10%

The Jags Trust: about 7.5%

Lord Kelvin: about 1.5%

Other minority shareholders: the rest.

The proposal is to give the 55% to the people with 19% at a time of the latter's choosing.

thanks WJ

so when the dust settles   PTFC Trust with 19% plus 55%  will have 74% ownership of the jags

next question to whom are the PTFC Trust board responsible

The PTFC board, or the Fans