Home to Hamilton Academical - Saturday 6 August

jagfox

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

This season ticket holder won't be at the game - for your benefit: I'm still testing positive for Covid (although the symptoms are all but gone now).  Why mention it then? Because there is now no option to watch online, although infection rates are relatively high and are likely to stay so for the foreseeable future. The club said, "Streaming was introduced to allow supporters to watch matches when they were not able to attend in person due to Government restrictions, which have now been removed."

Actually, the public health advice for infected people (from the Government) is clearly to restrict movement. Of course, I could attend the match and possibly infect others - but of course I won't. Surprise, surprise! The SPFL makes another anti-football decision. They just don't have a clue about responding to the need to maintain a fanbase. :yellow_card:

I don’t know what it’s like in Scotland, but here in my part of the north of England few where masks on public transport and in enclosed places. There is no advice re: Covid given out any more, yet apparently it’s now on the rise, and seemingly easier to catch. Some foolishly say, ‘it’s just a cold’ but there are many who’ve had ‘Long Covid’ who would strongly disagree with that! It’s as if the ‘authorities’ think it’s ‘all over’ yet it clearly isn’t. A WHO (World Health Organisation) spokesperson recently said, quoted in the press, “People should still wear masks in enclosed places and follow the advice as previously given (ie distance) when in and amongst groups of people.” But he also said, “ In some countries, governments are giving the impression it (Covid 19) is not a concern any more, and that is a problem in itself and far from the truth.”

As for the streaming stopping, I think the reason is nothing to do with Covid or common sense for that matter. It was brought in initially to allow people to see matches, when no-one was allowed to attend. It was then continued to allow those contracting Covid (or those unsure) the chance to still see the game, on TV, but make the sensible choice not to go to the match and possibly infect others. Now streaming  has been removed, not because Covid isn’t an issue any more, as it could well be for years to come. It’s most likely because ‘the powers that be’ feel that allowing streaming to continue adversely affects numbers actually going to the match.

Edited by denismcquadeno.eleven

2 hours ago, Fearchar said:

This season ticket holder won't be at the game - for your benefit: I'm still testing positive for Covid (although the symptoms are all but gone now).  Why mention it then? Because there is now no option to watch online, although infection rates are relatively high and are likely to stay so for the foreseeable future. The club said, "Streaming was introduced to allow supporters to watch matches when they were not able to attend in person due to Government restrictions, which have now been removed."

Actually, the public health advice for infected people (from the Government) is clearly to restrict movement. Of course, I could attend the match and possibly infect others - but of course I won't. Surprise, surprise! The SPFL makes another anti-football decision. They just don't have a clue about responding to the need to maintain a fanbase. :yellow_card:

I had Covid last week and ended up in hospital with pneumonia. Got home yesterday but, although not infected, I'm clearly not well enough to go to Firhill on Saturday.

Quite agree. It's annoying. The club have said that they will announce prices for a subscription service for those outside the uk using a vpn. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow. I know it's additional outlay but it's better than nothing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

I had Covid last week and ended up in hospital with pneumonia. Got home yesterday but, although not infected, I'm clearly not well enough to go to Firhill on Saturday.

Quite agree. It's annoying. The club have said that they will announce prices for a subscription service for those outside the uk using a vpn. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow. I know it's additional outlay but it's better than nothing.

Brush fires whilst on holiday, Covid followed by pneumonia and a spell in hospital, after coming home- you’ve had a tough few weeks! Hope the remainder of the summer is more kind to you.

26 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Brush fires whilst on holiday, Covid followed by pneumonia and a spell in hospital, after coming home- you’ve had a tough few weeks! Hope the remainder of the summer is more kind to you.

:) Thanks.

It's been an interesting summer...

2 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

I don’t know what it’s like in Scotland, but here in my part of the north of England few where masks on public transport and in enclosed places. There is no advice re: Covid given out any more, yet apparently it’s now on the rise, and seemingly easier to catch. Some foolishly say, ‘it’s just a cold’ but there are many who’ve had ‘Long Covid’ who would strongly disagree with that! It’s as if the ‘authorities’ think it’s ‘all over’ yet it clearly isn’t. A WHO (World Health Organisation) spokesperson recently said, quoted in the press, “People should still wear masks in enclosed places and follow the advice as previously given (ie distance) when in and amongst groups of people.” But he also said, “ In some countries, governments are giving the impression it (Covid 19) is not a concern any more, and that is a problem in itself and far from the truth.”

As for the streaming stopping, I think the reason is nothing to do with Covid or common sense for that matter. It was brought in initially to allow people to see matches, when no-one was allowed to attend. It was then continued to allow those contracting Covid (or those unsure) the chance to still see the game, on TV, but make the sensible choice not to go to the match and possibly infect others. Now streaming  has been removed, not because Covid isn’t an issue any more, as it could well be for years to come. It’s most likely because ‘the powers that be’ feel that allowing streaming to continue adversely affects numbers actually going to the match.

That's, more or less, what I feel. Away in the dim and distant past I cought Covid. I have no idea whether I am in the clear.

I have no idea whether I am clear of the virus or not.

Your comment:

"It’s most likely because ‘the powers that be’ feel that allowing streaming to continue adversely affects numbers actually going to the match."

seems to me to be right on the button.

Charge me exactly the price of my admission to the game.

I support my club. What I will not do is put other Partick Thistle supporters at risk.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fearchar said:

Hopefully your feeling better.

Graeme from the media team had posted last week on Nomads on Facebook that a stream service for us out the country would continue and prices and details released soon, but no pay per game would be available only a monthly or season pass. Not seen it mentioned since.

Ive not heard COVID mention in Norway where I live  for a long time, our last advice from government (months and months ago) was you only isolated if you had a fever otherwise you can go to work/ go out as normal. I don’t know anyone that even tests anymore over here, it’s not mentioned in news or in newspapers.

27 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Hopefully your feeling better.

Graeme from the media team had posted last week on Nomads on Facebook that a stream service for us out the country would continue and prices and details released soon, but no pay per game would be available only a monthly or season pass. Not seen it mentioned since.

Ive not heard COVID mention in Norway where I live  for a long time, our last advice from government (months and months ago) was you only isolated if you had a fever otherwise you can go to work/ go out as normal. I don’t know anyone that even tests anymore over here, it’s not mentioned in news or in newspapers.

That's more or less the rules here as well, stay at home until you feel better, but I can understand how others feel about going out & being near people & in a large crowd

On 8/4/2022 at 10:11 PM, jaggy said:

That's more or less the rules here as well, stay at home until you feel better, but I can understand how others feel about going out & being near people & in a large crowd

On 8/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, douglas clark said:

That's, more or less, what I feel. Away in the dim and distant past I cought Covid. I have no idea whether I am in the clear.

I have no idea whether I am clear of the virus or not.

Your comment:

"It’s most likely because ‘the powers that be’ feel that allowing streaming to continue adversely affects numbers actually going to the match."

seems to me to be right on the button.

Charge me exactly the price of my admission to the game.

I support my club. What I will not do is put other Partick Thistle supporters at risk.

This appeared in a piece in ‘The Guardian’ on 5 July 2022.

“Rebuilding trust between politicians, scientists and the public is critical to dealing with the current crisis. But it is equally important for the future. Early on in the Covid period there was much talk of learning lessons and of “building back better”. As time has gone on and our leaders have made a general effort to forget the pandemic (and deny its ongoing reality), this has been forgotten. It is as if we want to erase the fact that Covid ever happened. Those who deny history are condemned to repeat past mistakes. Acting as if it’s all over not only leaves us exposed and helpless in the present. It also makes us exposed and helpless next time.”

•  

• Stephen Reicher is a member of the Sage subcommittee advising on behavioural science. He is a professor of psychology at the University of St Andrews, a fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh and an authority on crowd psychology

Edited by denismcquadeno.eleven
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aliballibee said:

If you are in the UK can you buy an annual subscription without using VPN or does the system recognise a UK IP address at purchase?

Don't have a definitive answer to that. I bought a monthly subscription using my registered uk details. I had a connection via a vpn at the time.

I would imagine that anyone can buy a subscription but you must out of UK to watch the stream.

5 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I hope McCall is at Ochilview tonight watching QP, currently 2-0 up vs Ayr. I thought it was moved to the Friday for the TV but can’t find it on? Stenny are away tomorrow aswell.

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Weird. Why is this game being played tonight but not on TV?

Not moved for the TV. QP are third in line to Stenny and Syngenta FC.