Accies Match - 28th January

Fawlty Towers

3 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don't see why other clubs will be aware of the nature of our situation.   

I am sure people from other clubs read what is said on line, our inactivity in this window although as i have already said we are not alone in that. Also as i have already said until the announcement it is all speculation and rumours.

15 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

100% right with your comments, just listened to MCCalls post match comments on Jagzone basically just defending himself ( should have had 2 pens , great record 13 points from 18 )

If you were at the game we were shocking , plenty of the ball first half without really creating.

Second half John Rankin nullified our wing backs , scored and it was game over.

Totally get what he says about inexperienced bench but they shouldn’t be , instead of kissing Sevco’s arse and developing their players ( Weston and McKinnon) we should be pushing our own players on to see if they can make the grade , guys like James Lyon and Zander McKenzie should be given starts to see if they can step up .

McCall has been here for the best part of 3 years  and possibly 6 transfer windows and I believe he’s been supported ably by previous BOD’s and we’re no further forward as a Club

Guys like Owen Coyle at Queens Park and even McPake at Dunfermline seem to build squads within a few transfer windows, we just seem to be plodding on.

Time for a change , even untried guys like Dools / Brian Graham should be given a shot at it .

Agreed .

Was at the game and agree with you . It was clear after 20 minutes which way it was going to go . Plenty of  possession , pretty patterns  but no cutting edge .If we should have had 2 pens - I missed them.

5 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I wish they would release the statement asap.  If true then there’s no purpose in hiding the catastrophe of the Low era and exactly what was going on or not going on to lead us to the edge of the precipice 

I couldn't agree more and believe we'll hear from the Board in the near future.  In the meantime, the gate money and TV money from the Rangers game will help to ease some of the pressures.

The strategy of J Low was always very clear when it came to finance hence why the most recent set of accounts show cash in hand at £330K compared to over £660K in 2019. I recall the meeting held after David Beattie & co had returned when one of the directors who had been on the board and was kept on (Malcolm Cannon) was quite clear that the board's strategy under J Low was based on a large overspend.

If you are purporting to be fan owned then you have an obligation to communicate with your members on matters relevant to the club and the teams performance. The financial situation is clearly one of those particularly as it directly affects the squad we can have.

the new board should have commissioned two reports both from independent external parties one on the financial situation and the other on the condition of the stadium.

it’s fairly clear that many people now know that our finances are in a desperate position, that the old board left a complete shambles and certain stated commitments did mot materialize.

it would be better to let us all have a common understanding of where we are.

indeed the policy of the board communicating nothing to the fans is one thing that seems a constant.

21 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If you are purporting to be fan owned then you have an obligation to communicate with your members on matters relevant to the club and the teams performance. The financial situation is clearly one of those particularly as it directly affects the squad we can have.

the new board should have commissioned two reports both from independent external parties one on the financial situation and the other on the condition of the stadium.

it’s fairly clear that many people now know that our finances are in a desperate position, that the old board left a complete shambles and certain stated commitments did mot materialize.

it would be better to let us all have a common understanding of where we are.

indeed the policy of the board communicating nothing to the fans is one thing that seems a constant.

The only problem about commissioning 2 independent parties on the financial situation is that surely this would cost quite a bit - money we don’t have 

On 1/28/2023 at 11:41 PM, sabbath said:

McCall out

McCall out

McCall out

McCall out

McCall out

McCall out

McCall out

McCall out

Todays performance summed up an nutshell. Clueless, without the capability to motivate or inspire any type of performance. Jim Goodwin was heard to say "at least I'm not as bad as that dick at Maryhill". but what of the other pigeons Archibald and the other dick taking a wage out of the club. As supposed assistant managers when presented with the team sheet, never laughed as told McCall "I right"

Thanks for the shout out.

Be great to hear the Firhill stands all calling out my name.

1 hour ago, McCall Out said:

Thanks for the shout out.

Be great to hear the Firhill stands all calling out my name.

It’s unlikely, unless there is a complete implosion. Despite his limitations, most people know that the damage at Firhill has not been caused by him - and the culprits deserted.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

It’s unlikely, unless there is a complete implosion. Despite his limitations, most people know that the damage at Firhill has not been caused by him - and the culprits deserted.

His damage is on the park. Particularly as it has been said that they pushed the boat out to give him extra funds. And he has ballsed it up.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

His damage is on the park. Particularly as it has been said that they pushed the boat out to give him extra funds. And he has ballsed it up.

I don't particularly believe he's squandered funds. Well no more than the average manager at our level. His faults lie more on the training pitch. Coupled by his inability to make effective changes during matches. 

15 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don't particularly believe he's squandered funds. Well no more than the average manager at our level. His faults lie more on the training pitch. Coupled by his inability to make effective changes during matches. 

Which makes the case of his removal all the more poignant.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

It’s interesting because by your own account you don’t get to games and that you post you have lost all interest in football and Partick Thistle and just can’t be bothered with it.

Yet you are literally on here for what seems like every hour of the day about it.  Gives me the opposite impression and more like you are obsessed with it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

It’s interesting because by your own account you don’t get to games and that you post you have lost all interest in football and Partick Thistle and just can’t be bothered with it.

Yet you are literally on here for what seems like every hour of the day about it.  Gives me the opposite impression and more like you are obsessed with it

Agreed.

GRE should GTF

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Every hour of the day? Have a look at how much I have actually posted lately. Way, way less than I used to. 

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

31 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

WHO quoted it ?

It was either TJF or The Trust at the time the accounts were published. It was widely discussed on here if you bother to take off your rosé tinted McCall glasses

correction, it was £215k and it was here. https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/directors-statement-for-the-2021-22-annual-accounts/

Edited by Dick Dastardly
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

WHO quoted it ?

It was alluded to in our previous boards statement on the accounts Directors Statement for the 2021/22 Annual Accounts | Partick Thistle FC (ptfc.co.uk) but I don't see any value put on it.

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It was either TJF or The Trust at the time the accounts were published. It was widely discussed on here if you bother to take off your rosé tinted McCall glasses

Don't think the Trust or TJF would have access to the books to understand how much money was actually spent on the playing budget and how true the Directors statement is.

Its possible that Jlow may be overstating how much was invested in the playing budget to cover overspend on other areas

I don't think the accounts show any detail on how much the playing budget increased. Only information I can see is the number of playing staff and thats only taking us to May 2022 so last season. Won't be until we see accounts for 22/23 we can see any 'real' numbers

49 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

correction, it was £215k and it was here. https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/directors-statement-for-the-2021-22-annual-accounts/

This is what I was getting at. You choose to believe the bunch of charlatans that said they didn’t need funds from TJF. I don’t have rose tinted McCall glasses. Maybe another manager could have got us promoted, but for me the most damage has been done by the board wasting Colin Weir’s money.

8 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Every hour of the day? Have a look at how much I have actually posted lately. Way, way less than I used to. 

Then you are posting on pie and bovril.  For someone who claims to have lost all interest in Partick Thistle and football, doesnt go to games etc the fact remains you are totally obsessed on here and pie and bovril