McCall Sacked

elevenone

Very worrying judgement being shown here by the new board, especially with respect to immediate and seaon long timing.  Playing Russian roulette with the season on the line. If they dont have someone lined up by the weekend, who has the potential to be a step up from McCall, then there will be a lot of explaining to do.  Just praying it's not someone like Lennon with no track record of building teams on a budget, and no upside potential.

Reading this thread has put me in a more suspicious mood with regards to reasons behind this...

but before coming on this thread, to me the obvious thought was that this decision was taken after cove, but they didn't want to give a rookie manager rangers away for his first match?

if we have anyone with any form of forward thinking/succession planning, we'll have been on the phone to folk this week and i'd expect an early appointment this week?

I dont get how it can be a cost cutting measure, surely their compo would skin us and we'd be better letting them run out their contracts, it has to be a team performance thing?

very strange and probably the most surprising dismissal in my 30 years as a jags fan

9 minutes ago, New Jersey Jag said:

Very worrying judgement being shown here by the new board, especially with respect to immediate and seaon long timing.  Playing Russian roulette with the season on the line. If they dont have someone lined up by the weekend, who has the potential to be a step up from McCall, then there will be a lot of explaining to do.  Just praying it's not someone like Lennon with no track record of building teams on a budget, and no upside potential.

The statement clearly said Doolan till the end of the season and if he does well I presume he will be given it permanently 

It feels slightly odd timing, but ultimately that’s 3 games running we’ve lost, two of which against the bottom sides. Possibly, McCall was being given this game to save himself after the disaster of the previous two weeks. Unlike many on here, I quite like McCall and think he (again) saved us from being another Clyde. However, like before, I didn’t feel he was going to take us further.

Of course this is risky- McCall is a decent manager at this level and would be unlikely to relegate us (he inherited an absolute cluster**** the Covid season). But if we have any ambition, sadly, I think this is the correct decision 

Just now, Bobbyhouston said:

Record factory event today with board members pished was embarrassing , few hours later management sacked 

glad McCall is away 100% correct but the shandy drinking TJF members who where wasted today , I hope that wasn’t done by anyone of them tonight or they will be taken to the cleaners 

The PTFCTrust also known as the group who never communicate run the club not TJF.  I think TJF would have handled the situation far more professionally 

Statement says "Partick Thistle FC have this evening relieved Ian McCall, Alan Archibald and Neil Scally, of their duties in relation to the first team with immediate effect"

That suggests we have just served notice and not paid them off. If so we wouldn't have needed the Sevco money to do that. 

Hoping the Sevco money is needed to pay the new manager and we brought it forward because we had a new manager lined up who we might have lost to Motherwell if we hadn't moved now.

Feel sorry for McCall. Undoubtedly improved us and he has a real feel for the club and whilst he had probably taken us as far as he could I thought today's performance would have allowed him the chance to see out this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The statement clearly said Doolan till the end of the season and if he does well I presume he will be given it permanently 

Where are you seeing that? statement on the website says he's interim but nothing that says he's in charge until the end of the season

"Under 18 coach Kris Doolan will take on the role of First Team Manager on an interim basis, and will be assisted in this regard by Academy Director Paul McDonald.

At this crucial juncture of the season, we ask all members of the Partick Thistle family, to get behind Kris and the team as we strive for promotion to the Scottish Premiership."

There is obviously more to the parting of ways which we will find out in coming days which I’m sure won’t be as sinister as the statement may read….right call for everyone.

I would think there has been a meeting and they have all decided that this was his last game…try and go out on a high.

Hopefully they find the new man soon.