Summer comings and goings

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Indeed!

On the football side it’s curious to read that Doolan was tracking him since January… when McCall was still manager…

I am not sure it says Doolan was tracking him since January. I think it says that the club were interested in January and Doolan has been watching him at Dundalk.

Away from the playing side I do wonder when we will appoint an assistant manager as Paul McDonald is returning to his position as Academy Director which really needs his full attention? I had asked as was told it was still to be finalised but it was not clear if we were still deciding on who it should be or if we knew the person and it was just getting a deal done.

2 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Ben Williamson, midfielder, coming in on loan from Rangers apparently ...  He was on loan to Dundee for part or all of last season so knows the championship 

I thought he looked very decent for Dundee last season and I was hoping we could get him.

He had quite a decent physical presence and liked a tackle. He may well be the defensive midfielder we need and as he's more mobile than Docherty perhaps an upgrade?

1 hour ago, sandy said:

I’m not enthused at the prospect of more OF loans tbh. I’d rather we sign players and blend with our own Academy players. 

Just heard that Cameron Cooper was freed a few weeks ago by Rangers.  Only left us for them no long ago and at that time was also linked with West Ham so could be worth a shout bringing back as he was highly rated.

2 hours ago, sandy said:

I’m not enthused at the prospect of more OF loans tbh. I’d rather we sign players and blend with our own Academy players. 

Agreeing with that. It is time that guys like James Lyon were given a real opportunity, and not constantly pushed back by temporary loan signings. 

One dividend I noted from the latter part of the Kelty friendly is that Lyon, Stanway, Mackenzie etc really know each other's games, and were able to combine effectively (despite Dowds and the trialist striker being ineffective). That is something to be built on in the first team environment, and I hope that will extend to the league itself, not just to friendlies and league cup ties. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Just heard that Cameron Cooper was freed a few weeks ago by Rangers.  Only left us for them no long ago and at that time was also linked with West Ham so could be worth a shout bringing back as he was highly rated.

He’s away down to England to sign for a team 

You can’t get a percentage of a free transfer.

I stand corrected. This is covered by Article 20 and Annex 4 of the FIFA  Regulations on the Status and transfer of players. It is a fixed amount, no mater if a fee is involved or not. Here is a summary

In simple terms, training compensation is due to the player’s training club(s) when they sign their first professional contract or each time they are transferred until the end of the calendar year of their 23rd birthday. For agents, training compensation is something that you must understand as it is relevant when discussing transfer fees and will need to be accounted for in negotiations every time your client transfers up until the age of 23. For the calendar years of the ages between the player’s 12th birthday and 15th birthday, the training club will be owed a sum per year at the rate of a category 4 club. However, for the calendar years of their 16th birthday until the calendar year of their 21st, the training compensation owed depends upon the category of the club where he is signing his first professional contract or is transferred to. You need to learn and understanding the categorisation of training compensation clubs as outlined below:

Confederation Category I Category II Category III Category IV
AFC   $40,000 $10,000 $2,000
CAF   $30,000 $10,000 $2,000
CONCACAF   $40,000 $10,000 $2,000
CONMEBOL $50,000 $30,000 $10,000 $2,000
OFC   $30,000 $10,000 $2,000
UEFA €90,000 €60,000 €30,000 €10,000

The training compensation is due to the clubs within 30 days after the player is registered. If the club has folded due to bankruptcy or otherwise and therefore no longer exists, the training compensation can be paid to the national association instead on the condition that it is solely for reinvestment into youth football in the country. 

If Cameron is heading for an English Premier League side, that would be €90k coming our way.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I stand corrected. This is covered by Article 20 and Annex 4 of the FIFA  Regulations on the Status and transfer of players. It is a fixed amount, no mater if a fee is involved or not. Here is a summary

If Cameron is heading for an English Premier League side, that would be €90k coming our way.

That would be quite nice, especially for somebody about whom I remember nothing; not even the name!

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

In simple terms, training compensation is due to the player’s training club(s) when they sign their first professional contract or each time they are transferred until the end of the calendar year of their 23rd birthday. For agents, training compensation is something that you must understand as it is relevant when discussing transfer fees and will need to be accounted for in negotiations every time your client transfers up until the age of 23. For the calendar years of the ages between the player’s 12th birthday and 15th birthday, the training club will be owed a sum per year at the rate of a category 4 club. However, for the calendar years of their 16th birthday until the calendar year of their 21st, the training compensation owed depends upon the category of the club where he is signing his first professional contract or is transferred to. You need to learn and understanding the categorisation of training compensation clubs as outlined below:

The training compensation is due to the clubs within 30 days after the player is registered. If the club has folded due to bankruptcy or otherwise and therefore no longer exists, the training compensation can be paid to the national association instead on the condition that it is solely for reinvestment into youth football in the country. 

So despite speculation last year that a transfer for Kevin Nisbet from Hibs would generate us a slice, that's not the case due to his age (over 23). 

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That doesn't seem right, or more likely im reading it incorrectly. It would mean every "free" transfer under the age of 23 actually costs at least 10k euros per year? 

9 minutes ago, Ancipital said:

That doesn't seem right, or more likely im reading it incorrectly. It would mean every "free" transfer under the age of 23 actually costs at least 10k euros per year? 

Every free international transfer.

Domestic deals don’t count 

Edited by Dick Dastardly