Summer comings and goings

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Doolan is interested in Mulgrew. Seems he is after an experience defender plus another attacking player.

Asked about Mulgrew, Doolan said: “I rate Charlie highly and I think half the county rates Charlie highly.

“I think there are a few teams looking at him and I think it is an area we still need to look at.

Does he say elsewhere in the interview that we are interested in him. To me, that quote just reads like Doolan being respectful to Mulgrew.

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Does he say elsewhere in the interview that we are interested in him. To me, that quote just reads like Doolan being respectful to Mulgrew.

You’re right. I missed out the word ‘maybe’. Can’t type and drink coffee these days. 

From todays daily ranger

Doolan looks to add more Jags firepower 

Partick Thistle are considering a move for Crawley Town’s Jayden Davis.

Jags manager Kris Doolan is looking to add more firepower to his squad and is looking closely at the 21-year-old.

Davis came through the youth ranks at Millwall and moved to Crawley Town last year. He had a loan spell at Isthmian League Premier Division side Lewes at the end of last season.

Doolan is also set to tie up a loan move for Aberdeen defender Kieran Ngwenya. The left-back is set to knock back Arbroath and Ayr United for Firhill.

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I think we have to remember what kind of matket we are in. 

We have less of a budget than last season and we can't just swoop and sign who we fancy. It will be a mixed season. Plenty of ups and downs and frustration. Survival in this division is paramount. Top 4 a bonus 

If we have less of a budget do players from down south not cost more?  Presumably we have to help them with accommodation costs 

Hopefully Doolans signings from English leagues are better than Archie’s where he was an agent’s dream taking anyone and we ended up with woeful signings with guys like McGinty, eccleston etc

17 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If we have less of a budget do players from down south not cost more?  Presumably we have to help them with accommodation costs 

Hopefully Doolans signings from English leagues are better than Archie’s where he was an agent’s dream taking anyone and we ended up with woeful signings with guys like McGinty, eccleston etc

Presumably not (or atleast they are in budget) or we wouldn’t be signing them.