Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 Vs Livingston 🟡⚫️ - up for the cup

jagfox

31 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Apparently a new singing section is being trialled in the JL on Saturday?

It’s a pity it’s not in the JH, especially in the second half when we’re playing towards the bing. When Manpreet and co are in hospitality they bring a bit of atmosphere and others join in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotty said:

Thank you for that. Out of Thistle loyalty (and being there to witness both goal and astonished celebration) I voted for Banzo, but would be equally delighted if James Craigen won it.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Thank you for that. Out of Thistle loyalty (and being there to witness both goal and astonished celebration) I voted for Banzo, but would be equally delighted if James Craigen won it.

Craigan’s would have been the better goal had it not been offside!

If Nick Walsh is the referee then without doubt Livingston will win.

I have never seen the Jags win a game with Walsh as they referee. I know many Jags will dispute this but IMO he cheated us out of promotion at Dingwall with those three outrageous decisions given in favour of RC.

He also gave a penalty against us  v Killie at Firhill the year they were promoted. From his position he could not possibly have seen what happened. 

As far as I am concerned he is not impartial when it comes to refereeing the Jags and I hope our fans let him know it.

46 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I never think that is a good idea.

Agreed, giving an individual dogs abuse all game, then tears when they give a late decision against you.

Same can be said about giving it laldy to ex-players or "bete noirs" like *w*n C*yl* or Kr*s B*yd 😂

14 hours ago, jagfox said:

Agreed, giving an individual dogs abuse all game, then tears when they give a late decision against you.

Same can be said about giving it laldy to ex-players or "bete noirs" like *w*n C*yl* or Kr*s B*yd 😂

As far as ex players are concerned, doesn’t matter whether you give them Laldy or not, they’ll more than likely score. (at least it feels like it).

On 2/8/2024 at 4:44 PM, jagfox said:

We simply can't not react with regards to Walsh. It won't matter if we give him abuse or not he will still give major decisions against us! So IMO we should let him know, that we know what he is and that he is not welcome at zFirhill.

I also hope our senior people treat him with the minimum respect and courtesy acceptable and at the end of the game tell him there is a plumbing problem and therefore no hot water available to the referees/match officials suite.

I hope the above is vindicative and petulant enough for the moment.  I would be grateful for any other ideas in the above mould!

Regarding the actual game. Given the current circumstances/form of both clubs, normally I would ne confident we could take Livingston.. However, there are two conditions:

- firstly,  we must play well for the full game and not just for 45 mins 

- secondly we need a fair crack of the whip from the referee.

I feel certain we won't get the latter therefore it's a Livvy win!

As a Jag I will say c'mon the Jags in spite of Mr Walsh.

Team news  - Scott Robinson out this week with a tweaked hamstring. Should be available for selection against Inverness.

The Scottish Midfielder and Dan O'Reilly cuptied.

Mitchell back in training.

20 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Team news  - Scott Robinson out this week with a tweaked hamstring. Should be available for selection against Inverness.

The Scottish Midfielder and Dan O'Reilly cuptied.

Mitchell back in training.

That’s a pity, was hoping he might haunt his old team 😆

Livingston are bottom of the Premier league, only won 2 league games and scored only 15 goals, but unless we play at the top of our game i don't see us winning this game. Seen the highlights from Livingston's game against Kilmarnock and they were very unlucky not to take anything from that game, they made and missed a few good chances. Hope they don't find their shooting boots tomorrow.

Hopefully we start off on the front foot and give the fans something to shout about and they get behind the team. First goal in this game will be very important, we score it, we hopefully go and get a few more, they score it i think we will struggle to get back into the game.

5 minutes ago, jaggy said:

That’s a pity, was hoping he might haunt his old team 😆

I know, just our luck as he has been decent in the last few games too. Think he felt the injury at Airdrie game. 

3 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Regarding the actual game. Given the current circumstances/form of both clubs, normally I would ne confident we could take Livingston.. However, there are two conditions:

- firstly,  we must play well for the full game and not just for 45 mins 

- secondly we need a fair crack of the whip from the referee.

I feel certain we won't get the latter therefore it's a Livvy win!

As a Jag I will say c'mon the Jags in spite of Mr Walsh.

There is a 3rd condition that we need to overcome. We haven’t beaten two teams from higher divisions in the Scottish cup in the same season, I believe.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

There is a 3rd condition that we need to overcome. We haven’t beaten two teams from higher divisions in the Scottish cup in the same season, I believe.

I read that in an earlier post and didn't mention it in mine because I don't think the players should be thinking about historical fact.

They should be focused on beating the opposition.

Morton have beaten Motherwell so if we beat Livingston that's one Championship  team in the quarter final we can beat!

• Like 1