Lawless out for this and most of next season

Stevie out for rest of season. Steven Lawless | Partick Thistle FC (ptfc.co.uk)

Seems he's expected back in 2025 which is good of us as his contract ends this summer (not that I mind keeping him on)

This is a double blow as we've never had adequate cover for our wingers this season. I think our best plan is to change formation to 3-5-3 or 3-4-3. We desperately need other missing players back ASAP

23 minutes ago, Mr Bunny said:

Stevie out for rest of season. Steven Lawless | Partick Thistle FC (ptfc.co.uk)

Seems he's expected back in 2025 which is good of us as his contract ends this summer (not that I mind keeping him on)

This is a double blow as we've never had adequate cover for our wingers this season. I think our best plan is to change formation to 3-5-3 or 3-4-3. We desperately need other missing players back ASAP

Steven signed a two year contract extension in November - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/steven-lawless-signs-two-year-extension/

Copying from other thread but adding a question 

Wishing him all the best in his recovery. A serious loss which will hamper us in any playoffs, we don’t really have an alternative. 

Are we allowed to sign a loan and play them in the playoffs? A long shot anyway since most clubs would presumably want their players to have time off ahead of pre season. And the difficulty of finding someone good enough (although Tiffoney would be ideal 😉).

Suppose it gives another player within our own squad an opportunity but imagine Doolan will need to change the shape of the team for the remainder of the season. 

1 hour ago, Mr Bunny said:

I like your 3-5-3 idea and playing with 12 players 😄 But yes a change of formation seems inevitable and will be interesting to see what Doolan does 

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Copying from other thread but adding a question 

Wishing him all the best in his recovery. A serious loss which will hamper us in any playoffs, we don’t really have an alternative. 

Are we allowed to sign a loan and play them in the playoffs? A long shot anyway since most clubs would presumably want their players to have time off ahead of pre season. And the difficulty of finding someone good enough (although Tiffoney would be ideal 😉).

Suppose it gives another player within our own squad an opportunity but imagine Doolan will need to change the shape of the team for the remainder of the season. 

No.

23 minutes ago, fenski said:

Sorry for Stevie - tough injury to come back from. Reckon he's a pretty resilient character though.

Is Xander not an option?

My immediate thought was Xander on the left and Fitz on the right. Nguema might also be a wide option. Alternatively bring Fitz more central and have Robbo and Fitz supporting BBG and an extra body in midfield.

Time during the week to try things out and see what works 

Edited by Dick Dastardly
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, G SUS said:

Steven signed a two year contract extension in November - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/steven-lawless-signs-two-year-extension/

Oh. They still haven't updated his page on the PTFC web site. Glad to hear. Hope he recovers quicker than they anticipate.

Hah! Someone on the web team must have been reading this. It's updated now to show he's with us to 2026

Edited by Mr Bunny

Bad news for Stevie and for us.

Got to make the best of what we have; here's hoping that the players and coaches can produce some positives out of this, and that we supporters will give them even more encouragement.

Here's hoping for a full recovery for Stevie, who's been great for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Time to give Zander some consecutive starts.

A not unlikely possibility but it's still a case of playing someone out of position. My guess would be McInroy fills in for Stevie since he's also a leftie. Probably keep the current set up as the default start. Feel tho' we'll have to be adept at switching formations in game time. If O'Reilly is fit and on the bench then we could switch to a back three without too much upheaval. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Can Diack not play on the wing??? Just asking...

Tried that position before didn't work out 

Play him upfront with Graham                and go 4 4 2  

29 minutes ago, 1876 said:

Tried that position before didn't work out 

Play him upfront with Graham                and go 4 4 2  

That still needs someone to play wide right 

also is Tomi not out ? BBG doesn’t usually last 90 mins so who would be on the bench to replace him.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That still needs someone to play wide right 

also is Tomi not out ? BBG doesn’t usually last 90 mins so who would be on the bench to replace him.

BBG has played the full90 minutes the last few games...........