Just In V Airdrie

Camallain

He was captain, which means he isn't just one of the boys

And also already part of the coaching staff.

Can't believe the negativity from some posters, 7 points from 9. Our 1st pt of the season against Morton amongst them & although it was two 1-0 wins, not great performances, but if we had won both the games 4-0 Hamilton/Airdrie couldn't have complained. We aren't going to get brilliant performances every week, we're going to be playing Sat/Tue for a while with changes being made, any win is a good win until the end of the season.

Get behind the team & Archie, I haven't seen anything so far to say Archie isn't the man for the job.

• Like 1

Stephen Craig? Anyone fancy discussing his two footed lunge straight to the airdrie players groin, whilst on th deck? Identical to the one he got sent off for?

I'm sure folk are just keeping their powder dry and there will be a 10 page thread dedicated to him and how folk will never return if he plays again.

Craig was incredibly stupid and lucky, especially when it was the same ref who sent him off for it earlier in the season if my memory serves me correctly.

For all people go on about experience being required at this stage in the season it is the younger members of the squad with zero experience of challenging for titles who seem to be keeping calm.

Phenomenal strike from Erskine. The guy has been outstanding this week and has played a HUGE part in us getting six points out of six.

Balatoni - outstanding again.

Craig - can't believe the ref missed that. If he went off then I would have lost the plot. What the hell is wrong with this squad at times and Craig too? So, so stupid and reckless and could have cost us the three points if we went down to ten men. Archie has got to stop this petty attitude problem in the squad NOW.

Edited by northernsoul

Archie's post match comments were excellent again.

It is nice to have someone that gives an honest opinion rather than just spout the usual clichés.

A great guy, a great leader and hopefully will continue this good run to be a great Thistle manager.

http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2012-2013/fixtures_results/2302_airdrie_united/match_reaction

3 matches in charge, 2 wins, 2 shut outs and 1 draw., can't argue with that start

Draw with Morton who Jackie couldnt get a result against

Beat Hamilton who have beat us already this season

Beat Airdrie who were always going to dig in after getting royally pumped last time here

Maybe we were too spoiled at start off the season with the free scoring football, but we haven't really been doing that as much over the winter months with heavier pitches and more clued up opposition, give the guy a chance we still have the league in our own hands

• Like 1

Another three points in the bag but to be honest that was without question the poorest performance I have witnessed from Thistle this season. A really disjointed display with only brief flashes of the passing game that we have all become so used to. It has to be said that the Jags did dominate throughout but never really looked like doing Airdrie much damage. The visitors approach was just as physical as Hamilton on Tuesday night and they were lucky that their centre half didn’t see red. The highlight of the game was a quite sublime strike from Chris Erskine which won the points for the Jags. Erskine won man of the match but Muirhead and Balatoni were also excellent however too many of the others were way off form with Bannigan and Sinclair being the worst offenders.

Performance levels are going to have to improve big time if we are hoping to pick up away wins at Cowdenbeath & Dunfermline!!

amen brother. totally agree. that pitch at central park is as tight a pitch in scotland u'll see (precluding ashfield). we'll have to be intense and right up for it because we'll have no room to move.

It is obvious that the one difference is our full backs havent been allowed to push forward whenever they like.

O'Donnell and Sinclair have clearly held back, against their instincts, and looked awkward at times. These are the two players that murdered opposition defences in the opening games. We NEED to give them free reign. It is up to Paton, Bannigan, Welsh and Forbes to cover for their exploits going forward.

The difference between a good team and a great team is always the full backs.

Early in the season when both O'Donnell and Sinclair/Bannigan were bombing forward we had two defensive midfielders - Murray and Paton to ensure they were covered. Now we're down to one most games and soon will have none when Paton/Murray suspensions kick in. Yes you can play other players in the covering positions but if it's not their game they won't do it as effectively.

So perhaps Archie has this in mind: allowing only on FB to go all the way forward at a time. This means we're covered at the back. Of course we then have less going for us on the wings. There must be ways round this - maybe one midfielder told to make runs to the wing when he can - but it takes time to readjust a team. Maybe when we can play all our players we'll see the all out wing attack again?

We'll see I suppose.

I was at the Morton game today and have to say that 4-1 totally flattered them. Dunfermline were the better side in the first half, Morton's penalty seemed a bit dubious and Barrowman hitting the bar with his was gutting. Gallacher then let a 25-30 yarder from Tidser past him (when he really should have done better) in the first minute of the second half and it just killed it.

Hard to begrudge Morton, because in the second half they were rampant and if they had been more clinical they probably could've won by 6 or 7. But Dunfermline deserved to be in front at half-time, depending on what comes out about their PFA wage complaints we'll still have a really tricky game against them next week.

Perhaps Firhillfill could give us an opinion on the Morton performance as he wasn't at this game either?

I was at the Morton game today and have to say that 4-1 totally flattered them. Dunfermline were the better side in the first half, Morton's penalty seemed a bit dubious and Barrowman hitting the bar with his was gutting. Gallacher then let a 25-30 yarder from Tidser past him (when he really should have done better) in the first minute of the second half and it just killed it.

Hard to begrudge Morton, because in the second half they were rampant and if they had been more clinical they probably could've won by 6 or 7. But Dunfermline deserved to be in front at half-time, depending on what comes out about their PFA wage complaints we'll still have a really tricky game against them next week.

You live in Springburn yet chose to watch Pars vs Morton rather than go to Firhill and watch our team?

Cant afford to go back to the old days of lobbing high balls and hope,Archie will have to get back to the passing game or you won't be the next manager so finger out we are watching for better style of play

I suppose making a point about the condition of the pitch would be a futile starting point for some disagreement?

Find it absolutely staggering that someone in SOUTH EAST ASIA has already "seen enough" of Archie decide he isn't the man for the job, despite taking 7 point from his first 3 games.

Also can't believe that people think he is even entitled to an opinion on this in the first place.

Threads like this are enough to make me want the Internet shut down. Some people just don't deserve the platform is provides.

What next? A guy in Russia slagging off pubs on garscube road?

Find it absolutely staggering that someone in SOUTH EAST ASIA has already "seen enough" of Archie decide he isn't the man for the job, despite taking 7 point from his first 3 games.

Also can't believe that people think he is even entitled to an opinion on this in the first place.

Threads like this are enough to make me want the Internet shut down. Some people just don't deserve the platform is provides.

What next? A guy in Russia slagging off pubs on garscube road?

But I dont have any pubs on me!! :innocent2: