Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

Recorded delivery on Monday to my Dad's house (Collected from Post office on Tuesday), speaking to him on the phone they look the same idea as what we have over here for the Viking stadium and they work well (as long as you keep them away from your phone!!!) and effectively remove the need for a turnstlye attendant

In the most part I doubt that should be the case, it might just depend what company provides them. Uni cards often work the same way and don't have problems being near mobile phones. Wouldn't want to risk it and end up locked out though!

My experience of clubs with the electronic turnstyle is that you get a ticket with a barcode on it that scans into the turnstyle to let you in. Although I don't go to any of them regularly enough to look into getting a top up style card.

Most clubs with them are also able to easily determine how many games people have attended, so that when it comes to all ticket games with huge demand they can go to ST holders first, then they are sold in installments to those with x number of loyalty points (worked out from the number of games attended), then if there are still tickets left the next level down, and so on.

It also makes it easy to do things like guaranteeing a ticket for the Celtic game to anyone who attends the previous home game and so on.

In other news I've not received my season ticket yet and if it requires a signature and will be taken back to the depot if you're not in then I won't be able to get it before Friday.

In the most part I doubt that should be the case, it might just depend what company provides them. Uni cards often work the same way and don't have problems being near mobile phones. Wouldn't want to risk it and end up locked out though!

I put mine inside my blackberry case with the phone and couldn't get in, and apparently that is what caused it

i don't even know who the One Thistle folk are although a couple of posters on here have identified themselves as involved however i think the vast majority of their posts over recent weeks have come across as a tad churlish and smack of dummy spitting. From what i see and hear they did a lot of good work last season however the dummies came out over the North Stand issue and have remained out ever since. I acknowledge there are a number of failings on the clubs part this close season which need to be addressed and there are legitimate complaints however this is just my view on the approach being taken by some individuals. It's not a lazy dismissal of those complaints.....just an opinion / observation.

So you admit that you don't know who the onethistle folk are, but in the same post accuse them of being churlish and spitting the dummy?

I think you'll find that the onethistle guys have kept their counsel on all these issues, and haven't posted on the forum at all. They are instead trying to work with the club privately to resolve the issues.

Myself and potty trained are simply fans with concerns about the way the club is being run. We assisted with the North Stand move but all the work was done by Jim and Lance. They are essentially onethistle and very rarely post on here at all.

So you're basically talking nonsense.

It is really up to you to come up with the numbers as you are the one that is saying that there is a significant enough loss of profit that would enhance Archie's player budget ? I am not about to find out about production of DVD,s

But here is my stab anyway ?

No of hours to decide what to include. 10 @ £10 = 100

Production costs - minimum run(2500). 12500

Total cost 12,600

Likely sales 1000 @ 10 = 10,000

Loss 2600

Tag - once I is dumped, then you can jump up and down. Don't do it until it happens. Or even better, if it tha important to you go and offer your services?

Interesting.

Lenziejoker asks ian_mac for figures, costings and anticipated revenue, i give him some, he then proceeeds to post his own version as above, but ignoring the fact both ian_mac and i have stated you can get low quanity runs easily, and cheaply, he comes up with a cost analysis on a minimum run of 2500 (!) with overinflated costs, and only sales of 1000 (and a price per unit sale, lower than what most would be more than happy to pay imo).

snapback.pngLenziejag, on 13 August 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

I am not convinced a DVD would make money. Depends on how much it costs to produce and how many people would buy it ?

TAG. Has it been dumped ? Or just delayed. If just delayed no lost income.

Sending out vouchers has undoubtedly cost money.

I just don't think it is much.

dvd ..... using either talented volunteers in editing or a professional company, the cost would not be more than couple of grand. you can get dvds produced and packaged for much cheapness nowadays, even on quantities 500-3000 for example. even on 500 dvds, the club would have made more than 100% profit easily. the combination of editing and manufacture could have been done in a matter of two to three weeks. if it had been released in late may/early june, it would probably have sold between 1 and 2 thousand by now. If it was a single disc at £12, less tax and costs, that could be anything between £7k and £15k. If a double or triple, costing for example £15 to £25 price range, the club could have had somewhere between £10k and £40k in bank (or Archies budget or washing facilities in main stand and and plusher boardroom) by now.

as time passes after an event, the longer before any celebratory memorabillia is released, sales numbers potential diminishes, so i can guarantee you Lj, whenever it finally comes out, the club will have lost money in the longterm with lower than possible sales from a May/June release.

tag ..... as it has been delayed at the very least, the club have already lost out on a month's income. the longer it's delayed, the less money they can pull in for the season, both with at least a month's lost income x however may tag and tag+ members actually sign up to pay ..... and again, the sales potential has diminished, as they have lost almost four months of feelgood factor, so there will be a natural drop-off in final take ups. so, even if only delayed, the club have, beyond doubt, lost out on their potential maximum income. and that's not even assessing how many may not follow through their registration, to pay, such is their disapointment at the delay in it, and the bigger picture for some of the centenary fund and other lack of communication, customer dissatisfaction in other similar areas.

vouchers ..... clearly cost the club money, at least you acknowledge that. i estimate it to in region of £3000 (based on 1500 ST's, sent out twice, and the mailing and wages costs of this). would you agree this estimate in probably no more than 10 to 20% out at most ?

so, in conclusion, you are of the opinion that a sizeable 5 figure sum that could easily have been in the thistle bank account (and used to further the squad/club), is not much, and is nothing for any of the clubs supporters (or archie) to be concerned about?

now surely Lj is not the type of person to ignore a post and not respond to it or enter into adult debate about it, simply because it does not fit with his agenda of trying to pretend the club is not losing out on much money at all ?

Edited by yoda-jag

I was wondering if any fans who paid for their tickets to be posted out have recieved theirs yet, as I've not as of yet?

Paid for delivery but haven't received mine as yet. Phoned the club 5 mins ago and it turns out mine has not actually been sent out and i'll need to go in and collect it. Won't be able to get there before Friday so i'll be queuing up before the game.

I would hope that once it is up and running that non season ticket holders can pick up a card that allows them to go online during the week and purchase a ticket for saturdays game... like a top up card.

My experience of clubs with the electronic turnstyle is that you get a ticket with a barcode on it that scans into the turnstyle to let you in. Although I don't go to any of them regularly enough to look into getting a top up style card.

I sometimes go down to Old Trafford and to get tickets for most games you need to be a "One United" member. With that you get issued a smart card that effectively acts as a ticket. The tickets are added to the card as and when you buy them online, it's a really easy system.

I said at the time we announced the electronic entry that this would be great to roll in with the "TAG" scheme. For instance you join TAG and are issued with a membership card that is capable of having tickets added to it. It would be a benefit of joining TAG in that it would make it easier to buy tickets, avoid queues and keep track of the amount of games you've attended in the event of an all ticket game.

On the DVD issue people (other than PotM) seem to be ignoring the potentially prohibitive cost the SFL would be looking for for the highlights. Not saying it justifies the total lack of communication on a DVD, but it's far from a given that it would be profitable.

It didn't seem to be a problem when we produced the videos in 2001, 2002 and the DVD in 2006. The club haven't mentioned this as being an issue in any of their correspondence with supporters who have enquired about the DVD.

I very much doubt that the fee would be as much as POTM quoted. Can anyone provide clarification on this?

Interesting.

Lenziejoker asks ian_mac for figures, costings and anticipated revenue, i give him some, he then proceeeds to post his own version as above, but ignoring the fact both ian_mac and i have stated you can get low quanity runs easily, and cheaply, he comes up with a cost analysis on a minimum run of 2500 (!) with overinflated costs, and only sales of 1000 (and a price per unit sale, lower than what most would be more than happy to pay imo).

I hadn't got to your post about cost of DVD runs before I posted. Your apology is accepted.

What sort of quality do you get for your low quantity run. You pick on my assumed minimum run of 2500 as unrealistic, but ignore that I only included 10 hours for picking what to include, but you had 2 to 3 weeks. I don't think that many would be prepared to pay more than £10 for the DVD, and certainly the number buying at 15 to 25 the quantity would be much reduced. Incidentally, how many were sold the last time ?

now surely Lj is not the type of person to ignore a post and not respond to it or enter into adult debate about it, simply because it does not fit with his agenda of trying to pretend the club is not losing out on much money at all ?

yoda-jag, on 14 August 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Interesting.

I hadn't got to your post about cost of DVD runs before I posted. Your apology is accepted.

of course you didn't. despite fact it was posted last night, and you have made various posts *in this thread and elsewhere) this morning, late afternoon/early evening and throughout the scotland match, until you finally decided to respond. your apology is accepted.

What sort of quality do you get for your low quantity run. You pick on my assumed minimum run of 2500 as unrealistic, but ignore that I only included 10 hours for picking what to include, but you had 2 to 3 weeks. I don't think that many would be prepared to pay more than £10 for the DVD, and certainly the number buying at 15 to 25 the quantity would be much reduced. Incidentally, how many were sold the last time ?

see pt's reply re quality and tommy dunnett, and as you will see below, i stated it could either be done by talented volunteers (who do things like thhis for the club for free) OR a pro company (which would cost a couple of thousand at most). It would take more than 10 hours what to chose (and edit). but that's what tommy or a pro company would take care of. hence 2 to 3 weeks (for people like tommy, as they have lives and it would be done an hour here an hour there.... a pro company would turn it round quicker, as likely one person on it from start until finished). The prices of £15 or £25 was suggested prices for a double or triple disc (as cramming all the great moments of last season would be hard pressed to fit onto one disc (36 games in 3 hours = 5 minutes a game). if it was a single disc, i don't think in this day and age £12 would stop anyone buying it, but would buy it if it was £10. A double disc could even be sold for £20 will few gripes from anyone, and similarily a triple disc at £30, especially if these expanded versions meant unseen footage not aired through the clubs website highlights, as well as behind the scenes footage, out takes, interviews etc.

as far as i'm aware, club never stated how many were sold last time, but my cost and income projections gave anticipated net profits for sales ranging from 500 to 2000. so can't accuse me of overinflating potential sales, as i'm sure you would agree after last seasons brilliance, and a timely release, it is not inconceivavble there would be a demand within that range, and potentially approaching the higher end figure (and don't forget, you can reorder, after a short run if demand is seen to be there, or even better if they had started taking orders as soon as it was known we were confirmed champions, two weeks before the end of season, they would have had a accurate knowledge of initial demand ..... and if once released its seen to be high quality and well produced, more sales result, on top of those who decided to wait until it was released).

dvd ..... using either talented volunteers in editing or a professional company, the cost would not be more than couple of grand. you can get dvds produced and packaged for much cheapness nowadays, even on quantities 500-3000 for example. even on 500 dvds, the club would have made more than 100% profit easily. the combination of editing and manufacture could have been done in a matter of two to three weeks. if it had been released in late may/early june, it would probably have sold between 1 and 2 thousand by now. If it was a single disc at £12, less tax and costs, that could be anything between £7k and £15k. If a double or triple, costing for example £15 to £25 price range, the club could have had somewhere between £10k and £40k in bank (or Archies budget or washing facilities in main stand and and plusher boardroom) by now.

as time passes after an event, the longer before any celebratory memorabillia is released, sales numbers potential diminishes, so i can guarantee you Lj, whenever it finally comes out, the club will have lost money in the longterm with lower than possible sales from a May/June release.

tag ..... as it has been delayed at the very least, the club have already lost out on a month's income. the longer it's delayed, the less money they can pull in for the season, both with at least a month's lost income x however may tag and tag+ members actually sign up to pay ..... and again, the sales potential has diminished, as they have lost almost four months of feelgood factor, so there will be a natural drop-off in final take ups. so, even if only delayed, the club have, beyond doubt, lost out on their potential maximum income. and that's not even assessing how many may not follow through their registration, to pay, such is their disapointment at the delay in it, and the bigger picture for some of the centenary fund and other lack of communication, customer dissatisfaction in other similar areas.

vouchers ..... clearly cost the club money, at least you acknowledge that. i estimate it to in region of £3000 (based on 1500 ST's, sent out twice, and the mailing and wages costs of this). would you agree this estimate in probably no more than 10 to 20% out at most ?

so, in conclusion, you are of the opinion that a sizeable 5 figure sum that could easily have been in the thistle bank account (and used to further the squad/club), is not much, and is nothing for any of the clubs supporters (or archie) to be concerned about?

since you previously mentioned in addition to dvd, that along with tag and vouchers, totalled, it wouldn't amount to much money ..... how about responding to my comments on tag and vouchers, and whether you are still of the opinion that a sizeable 5 figure sum (as i have shown how accumulated from these three issues alone) which could have be added to archies budget, or pay down more debt or improve the stadium or employ more staff (not students on work experience), or as you stated in another post "fill hole in budget" (where did you hear we had a shortfall in expected budget?), is still "not much" and is nothing for any of the clubs supporters (or archie) to be concerned about?

It's not students on work experience in the office, it is thistle fans who have given up their summers for the last few years now who happen to be at uni. The same students who volunteer at the club every home game. I really don't see why they keep being brought up, they do an excellent job when they could be on holiday, making money or doing some sort of work that gets them experience that is relevant to their degree.

Edited by Pie Of The Month
  • Like 1

see pt's reply re quality and tommy dunnett, and as you will see below, i stated it could either be done by talented volunteers (who do things like thhis for the club for free) OR a pro company (which would cost a couple of thousand at most). It would take more than 10 hours what to chose (and edit). but that's what tommy or a pro company would take care of. hence 2 to 3 weeks (for people like tommy, as they have lives and it would be done an hour here an hour there.... a pro company would turn it round quicker, as likely one person on it from start until finished). The prices of £15 or £25 was suggested prices for a double or triple disc (as cramming all the great moments of last season would be hard pressed to fit onto one disc (36 games in 3 hours = 5 minutes a game). if it was a single disc, i don't think in this day and age £12 would stop anyone buying it, but would buy it if it was £10. A double disc could even be sold for £20 will few gripes from anyone, and similarily a triple disc at £30, especially if these expanded versions meant unseen footage not aired through the clubs website highlights, as well as behind the scenes footage, out takes, interviews etc.

as far as i'm aware, club never stated how many were sold last time, but my cost and income projections gave anticipated net profits for sales ranging from 500 to 2000. so can't accuse me of overinflating potential sales, as i'm sure you would agree after last seasons brilliance, and a timely release, it is not inconceivavble there would be a demand within that range, and potentially approaching the higher end figure (and don't forget, you can reorder, after a short run if demand is seen to be there, or even better if they had started taking orders as soon as it was known we were confirmed champions, two weeks before the end of season, they would have had a accurate knowledge of initial demand ..... and if once released its seen to be high quality and well produced, more sales result, on top of those who decided to wait until it was released).

since you previously mentioned in addition to dvd, that along with tag and vouchers, totalled, it wouldn't amount to much money ..... how about responding to my comments on tag and vouchers, and whether you are still of the opinion that a sizeable 5 figure sum (as i have shown how accumulated from these three issues alone) which could have be added to archies budget, or pay down more debt or improve the stadium or employ more staff (not students on work experience), or as you stated in another post "fill hole in budget" (where did you hear we had a shortfall in expected budget?), is still "not much" and is nothing for any of the clubs supporters (or archie) to be concerned about?

First off all it was name calling and now you are calling me a liar ? Check the time of Ian's post that I responded to. It was before yours.

The biggest flaw in your numbers is the anticipated number of people who would buy a DVD and TAG and as I have said in other posts, you can make numbers say what you want to suit your case.

The hole in the budget was a fact. We wanted to charge DU fans 22, but were told we had to charge 20. In order to try and make up that lost amount , the under 16s were charged 5. It probably wouldn't make up the whole difference but it could go a long way towards it.

It's not students on work experience in the office, it is thistle fans who have given up their summers for the last few years now who happen to be at uni. The same students who volunteer at the club every home game. I really don't see why they keep being brought up, they do an excellent job when they could be on holiday, making money or doing some sort of work that gets them experience that is relevant to their degree.

Not criticising them in the slightest and I very much appreciate the time that they are giving to the club. However, it's undeniable that things in the office this close season have been a disaster, and they should not have been given so much responsibility on their own.

Which is admirable, but as has been stated its not worked this year, is it the office staff's fault?? No Its their leaders.

Who is guiding them? leading them? training them?

Left to their own devices with no supervision, training, systems, help or support it will fail even with the best will in the world, as they are new to the system, processes, enviroment.

I could bring 100 in to help in the office and it won't work if they are not shown exactly what is needed, and how to get there, we are a proffessional orginisation operatng like a charitable one.

However, it's undeniable that things in the office this close season have been a disaster, and they should not have been given so much responsibility on their own.

If we could all agree with that and all accept where the buck stops could we not just move on? Unless it is indeed deniable and some third party is to blame, I don't see how other posters can take a contrary view to above.

What is the point in an electronic ticket if it needs an attendant to check it

My understanding of the statement is that the electronic entry has not been fitted to the North Stand turnstyles.

You'd also need folk checking that the tickets being used are applicable to the people using them.

Edited by redandyellowallover