Tag

jagscast

For my part, I'd probably go for the upgrade membership (over and above the season ticket).

I also think my Dad and my Uncle, who aren't season ticket holders but attend regularly, would join, probably on the basic (they don't do the forum so I'm voting on their behalf).

And I think the prices are fair and reasonable, and if they exclude some people (which they will, whatever you charge) then it's unfortunate, but it doesn't stop them from being valued members of the Thistle family.

I might even buy my nomad brother a membership for his Christmas. Can membership be purchased as a "package" (ie for a year starting from any date)?

I think people have to remember that no one will be charged anything for joining the supporters federation. This should be seen as a democratic right for anyone who considers themselves a jags fan. You do not have to pay to get your voice heard, no matter where you live or how many games you attend.

TAG is separate. It will be a service which will be provided in exchange for a fee of £5 per month, or free with your season ticket.

I think people have to remember that no one will be charged anything for joining the supporters federation. This should be seen as a democratic right for anyone who considers themselves a jags fan. You do not have to pay to get your voice heard, no matter where you live or how many games you attend.

TAG is separate. It will be a service which will be provided in exchange for a fee of £5 per month, or free with your season ticket.

Are you sure about that? Supporter Federation membership is advertised as part of the TAG core deal on the club website. It says that TAG core costs £6 a month or £60 a year or double for TAG Plus. Season ticket holders get TAG core free but will have to pay £6 a month or £60 a year for TAG plus.

TAG Members will be automatically allocated to a Branch of the Supporters Federation of there choice or by postcode if no choice is made however - if you choose simply to join your Supporters Branch and pay your membership then you will still have representation - obviously the idea is to have the vast majority of Fans registered via TAG PLUS also be members of the Supporters Federation.

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Trust me I'm in no way, shape or form "stuck for something to do", but thanks for the gentle, public, remainder about the Firhill Cup notice.

Don't worry mate. Just don't forget to update the fixtures with a prediction of the final five matches of the season and the player profiles to include the guys we will sign next summer.

The opinions in this thread make for interesting reading.

I am genuinely quite surprised by the slight negativity shown by certain fans (at the meeting) about these ambitious plans. While they will take resource and intelligence, not to mention transparency, to deliver they are what I see a pretty credible concept.

On the Plan B point, it appears to be the done thing to have a one track agenda, thus surely about 70% of us, it you read the polls, should be all over this like a rash? I jest.

One thing that gave me a comfort from a commercial perspective at the meeting was the performance of Greig in presenting and answering questions. From my perspective, and I know Ian and Dave who were with me agreed, it was really useful to understand what our BOD do. We need to get better at shouting about this. I look forward to Ajay Chopra and Brian Donald speaking with the fans in due course. Also managed a chat with Ian Maxwell quickly after which was useful.

Will - on the centenary fund point there are a couple of reasons that the schemes won't merge. First is the structure as noted by Jim, and the second is that this would involve the centenary fund members re-mandating direct debits etc. what this would lead to would be cancellations and lost revenue. The club don't want that. The 2 schemes can co-exist.

I'm pretty positive after phase 1 on Saturday. I look forward to reading official report and to further meetings being communicated. I don't agree that an all fans meeting works, this flys in the face of the federation concept. One thing I would encourage is a fans meeting with David Beattie and Archi - something more general - Scott Paterson as well.

Onwards and upwards.

• Members

Will Matt - on the centenary fund point there are a couple of reasons that the schemes won't merge. First is the structure as noted by Jim, and the second is that this would involve the centenary fund members re-mandating direct debits etc. what this would lead to would be cancellations and lost revenue. The club don't want that. The 2 schemes can co-exist.

Sorted.

The opinions in this thread make for interesting reading.

I am genuinely quite surprised by the slight negativity shown by certain fans (at the meeting) about these ambitious plans. While they will take resource and intelligence, not to mention transparency, to deliver they are what I see a pretty credible concept.

On the Plan B point, it appears to be the done thing to have a one track agenda, thus surely about 70% of us, it you read the polls, should be all over this like a rash? I jest.

One thing that gave me a comfort from a commercial perspective at the meeting was the performance of Greig in presenting and answering questions. From my perspective, and I know Ian and Dave who were with me agreed, it was really useful to understand what our BOD do. We need to get better at shouting about this. I look forward to Ajay Chopra and Brian Donald speaking with the fans in due course. Also managed a chat with Ian Maxwell quickly after which was useful.

Will - on the centenary fund point there are a couple of reasons that the schemes won't merge. First is the structure as noted by Jim, and the second is that this would involve the centenary fund members re-mandating direct debits etc. what this would lead to would be cancellations and lost revenue. The club don't want that. The 2 schemes can co-exist.

I'm pretty positive after phase 1 on Saturday. I look forward to reading official report and to further meetings being communicated. I don't agree that an all fans meeting works, this flys in the face of the federation concept. One thing I would encourage is a fans meeting with David Beattie and Archi - something more general - Scott Paterson as well.

Onwards and upwards.

Got to admit I'm one of these people who is probably slightly sceptical of these as you quite rightly say ambitious plans, for a few reasons, think it eliminates a lot of our support for the simple reason they can't afford it, in terms of it actually coming to fruition ( we can't even seem to get a blanket e mail to existing season ticket holders who were automatically put in to the basic TAG scheme ) some people have received an e mail , I've heard nothing . I'm also a little concerned about the financial viability of it all, and think there is possibly better solutions that would include all our support not just the ones that can afford it.

Got to admit I'm one of these people who is probably slightly sceptical of these as you quite rightly say ambitious plans, for a few reasons, think it eliminates a lot of our support for the simple reason they can't afford it, in terms of it actually coming to fruition ( we can't even seem to get a blanket e mail to existing season ticket holders who were automatically put in to the basic TAG scheme ) some people have received an e mail , I've heard nothing . I'm also a little concerned about the financial viability of it all, and think there is possibly better solutions that would include all our support not just the ones that can afford it.

You say it will eliminate a lot of our support, can you throw a figure on that? How many people do you know who can't afford 5 pounds per month?

You say there are better solutions, but I'm not sure what the problem is, if TAG is the solution. Are you sure that's what you mean?

What are solutions are there for example?

Edited by potty trained

You say it will eliminate a lot of our support, can you throw a figure on that? How many people do you know who can't afford 5 pounds per month?

You say there are better solutions, but I'm not sure what the problem is, if TAG is the solution. Are you sure that's what you mean?

What are solutions are there for example?

Should possibly look at what's happening within the hospitality industry just now utilising mobile phone technology , with a free app , club could control it with notifications etc for everyone who has downloaded it and possibly an upgrade that would be financial and get you into the prize draws etc , lots of stuff happening out there and I personally think it would be a fraction of the cost it would take to run the TAG scheme. Don't want to come across as totally negative just think there are lots of avenues to explore.

Should possibly look at what's happening within the hospitality industry just now utilising mobile phone technology , with a free app , club could control it with notifications etc for everyone who has downloaded it and possibly an upgrade that would be financial and get you into the prize draws etc , lots of stuff happening out there and I personally think it would be a fraction of the cost it would take to run the TAG scheme. Don't want to come across as totally negative just think there are lots of avenues to explore.

So what would be on the app? I would assume the same content as being offered just now.

How much would the app cost?

What would be the running costs of hosting the content on an app instead of on a web page?

I'm genuinely interested, and I'm sure the club would be, if there's an easier and more profitable way of doing this.