Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Think this could be a really tough pre-season for us in terms of signings.

We're not only competing for players with the all the teams in our own league, we now have three teams in the league below who are undoubtedly bigger clubs and could quite conceivably offer bigger wages than us.

Think we need to be patient and accept that a lot of our main targets will simply be out of reach.

Think this could be a really tough pre-season for us in terms of signings.

We're not only competing for players with the all the teams in our own league, we now have three teams in the league below who are undoubtedly bigger clubs and could quite conceivably offer bigger wages than us.

Think we need to be patient and accept that a lot of our main targets will simply be out of reach.

I agree, but I also see it a wee bit from another perspective. How good is it to see us actually being able to compete for signings who may improve our squad?

I agree, but I also see it a wee bit from another perspective. How good is it to see us actually being able to compete for signings who may improve our squad?

I take your point, but unfortunately competing is the easy part, it's signing them thats the hard part.

there was something posted on twitter yesterday about us opening up talks with Hemmings now that he has returned from America.

It was reported that Kane had rejected an offer from Dundee. I would think we would be talking to him but not to sure if the fact we didnt sign him last season will have an impact

Erskine free to go from DU.

The fact that Dundee United have already mentioend whom they have released and Chris Erskine has stated on twitter he knows nothing about it means I cant help but think the suppsoed football agent on twitter who claimed this was simply bored and didnt have anythign better to do with his time.

Spoke to a mate of mine who is quite close to the DUFC who said that Erskine hasn't been let go as of yet but reckons there's a good chance he will be.

He's already been told to return back for training at end of month so I think not

there was something posted on twitter yesterday about us opening up talks with Hemmings now that he has returned from America.

If indeed we are after Hemmings it must mean there is little chance of Taylor returning which is a severe blow. If that is indeed the case Hemmings is well worth the risk

Edited by Lindau