Ryan Stevenson - Signs

ifu03340

Terrific news. Versatile, strong, determined and committed.

2 year deal as well. Well done Jags

Agree, the two years with third year option is great.

Also, the rumours were Dundee and St Mirren were also looking at Stevenson, encouraging that we may have beaten off competition!

Great signing, he will play in the central midfield role. He will provide a goal threat given he is very good in the air.

He adds some experience to the side and offers a different attacking threat to that of Higgy.

The only problem is he is a little injury prone which is what probably put off other clubs.

A signing that will provide competition for places we already have filled. Hopefully we'll get a couple of signings now for spaces we don't have filled.

I'm sure he could play at the top of midfield, or wide. Although we have players who can play those positions, I would hardly say the spaces are 'filled'. Remember we have no Erskine, Prince, Elliot on the books.....as yet.....

That's a very good signing.

If we were forced to field a team tomorrow, using the squad we have, we could go with:

Gallacher

McMillan - Piccolo - Balatoni - Lindsay

Fraser - Bannigan

Higginbotham - Stevenson - Lawless

Doolan

Those in bold are the players I think WILL be starting the first match of the season.

It's a decent side - obviously defence is the priority, we need a left-back, maybe even two. We need a centre-half, maybe even two (with Piccolo or Muirhead departing). I'd say on top of that: a defensive midfielder, a winger and a striker, and we're good to go. 5 more signings minimum.

Great signing - a proven Premiership-quality player. We've been needing a central attacking midfielder. Although Higgy and Lawless can play that role, I reckon they're better coming in from the wing. That leaves just Craigen, who is still developing as a player.

tremendous signing IMO. great bit of experience added to the team and someone with a bit of presence in the midfield or upfront if needed.I think he and Dools could be superb upfront together. the addition of Erskine, Lyle Taylor, a left back, centre mid (depending on Welshy/Ozzy situation and centre back would be nice now!come on Archie!

• Like 1