Central Defence

javeajag

Well now the window has closed we have in central defence traded Mair for Seaborne.... Too early to come to a real view on our new recruit but when he is injured or suspended it's back to Conrad and Muirhead which is just not good enough and a real concern

I would hope for a new CB in January

Maybe you have to overlook the messenger but accept he has a valid point, are you telling me that you are happy at the thought of Muirhead and Balatoni as our main defenders. Seaborne has missed 2 of the first 5 games and in both those games we lost to Hamilton and struggled against Morton. Yes we lost to Aberdeen but I don't think Seaborne was to blame.

Come January we will have 5 central defenders if Archibald gives Lindsay a chance, can't see us signing more until we get rid of a few first. If Richards - Everton is as good as Archie thinks then I look forward to seeing him play alongside Seaborne in January.

When we first came up the partnership between Aaron and Conrad was capable for that league but even in that year Aaron covered for Conrad time and time again, just like like the Hamilton game, big Conrad always commits to that first ball played over the top. Last year I feel if we played like Manchester with three centre back we would have been sound, all we needed was a high ball winner in the box to clear the line. Mair was never the answer he just couldn’t judge the flight, Piccolo wasn’t even a footballer, but we finished the season with a ball winner and let Dowie go. In this league the standards is to high to allow Conrad to attack the first ball without a sweeper.

Our main failing is scoring goals, there is only one team you might argue against two up front and that’s Celtic away, all others are at the same level. Again like Manchester I would like to see us develop the youth system, I am saddened that we are too afraid to play lads like Duggan but there you go.

• Like 1

I think Muirhead and Balatoni are both decent players. Problem is that they're both similarly inexperienced at this level and I don't think either have really built the confidence and belief to play their best football in th premier league, particularly with each other. It does make Seabourne very important to us at the moment. But I wouldn't write either off.

Edited by allyo

When we first came up the partnership between Aaron and Conrad was capable for that league but even in that year Aaron covered for Conrad time and time again, just like like the Hamilton game, big Conrad always commits to that first ball played over the top. Last year I feel if we played like Manchester with three centre back we would have been sound, all we needed was a high ball winner in the box to clear the line. Mair was never the answer he just couldn’t judge the flight, Piccolo wasn’t even a footballer, but we finished the season with a ball winner and let Dowie go. In this league the standards is to high to allow Conrad to attack the first ball without a sweeper.

Our main failing is scoring goals, there is only one team you might argue against two up front and that’s Celtic away, all others are at the same level. Again like Manchester I would like to see us develop the youth system, I am saddened that we are too afraid to play lads like Duggan but there you go.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

which Manchester would that be?

Comic Sans: Font of all knowledge and wisdom

I might be wrong but I was under the impression the rules had changed on loans and clubs could not recall players early from a loan deal now.

That was my impression to. I think you can recall him but he's only be able to play on reserve games, not first team games. Think that was the reason for the 5 month loan, he's back with us by end of next window.

Original poster is correct for me.

Seriously why do you write like that? It's pure shite to read - even if you're making good points.

goodness me, some people have feelings you know. if you would just let love of our lord Jesus into your life you may be a little more understanding. to be fair it may be said that perhaps most of your comments display a serious lack of footballing knowledge, indeed you might only be following thistle for the banter. I myself could never lower myself to possibly ever suggest such a thing. never the less the premise holds firm, adopt a more professional approach three centre backs if big Conrad's to get a game and aim for the top. and for yourself my friend to use a word from the good book "go forth and multiply" preferably with yourself

goodness me, some people have feelings you know. if you would just let love of our lord Jesus into your life you may be a little more understanding. to be fair it may be said that perhaps most of your comments display a serious lack of footballing knowledge, indeed you might only be following thistle for the banter. I myself could never lower myself to possibly ever suggest such a thing. never the less the premise holds firm, adopt a more professional approach three centre backs if big Conrad's to get a game and aim for the top. and for yourself my friend to use a word from the good book "go forth and multiply" preferably with yourself

Never mind unpleasant fonts, the mixture of subjunctive and indicative moods along with inconsistent capitalisation and the dramatic lurches from one register to another make reading this painful. Perhaps you could improve your comments with a completely illegible font. :evil: