St Mirren.. Friday 19Th

dougie247

Really pleased with the result yesterday even more so because i got to watch the game on ALBA in the house.. Not often i get to see Thistle on the telly..

The upcoming game i have a bad feeling about.. I think we always seem to struggle against teams who are coming off a run of straight defeats.. Hope Doolan keeps his starting spot as he needs a few games to sort himself out.. I don't really see why Stevenson should be an automatic start and would like to see Craigen in again.. Keenan should be on the bench at least.. and anyone know the latest on Eccleston?

we have a shocking home record against St Mirren. It was quoted at last seasons Friday live match. They are unbeaten in quite a few games over a good few years (partly cos we have been in different leagues) but I can't remember the exact stat

We had a shocking record against County at home before this season. Let's pump them!!

I think it'll be a draw.

talking to St mirren mate he said Issac is their best player by a mile at the moment.I remember when he signed for them saying that he was tremendous for us but we never actually won that many games with him in the team as our midfield sat very deep with him in the side. He said that is their problem at the moment too.

I actually fear for the safety of Higgy in this match,you can be sure he'll be targeted throughout the match for some heavy treatment and If That thug Goodwin plays his first tackle on him will be an attempt to put him out of the game.

I t will just be the thing for higgy to get kicked all over the pitch and then get sent off for retaliation.He needs to have his noggin screwed on.

Id start with the same team, maybe Galls in goals. Despite some of the critisism Stevenson has had I thought our midfield looked very physically strong and we're going to need that.

Draws killed us last season , go for the win big time.

Do you think when Craig inevitably gets his jotters, Prick "Chic" Young will waddle up on his high horse and brand New St Mirren Park a 'nest of vipers'?

No, he doesn't play 5s with Craig.

Chick was heaping praise in us after being at Firhill on Saturday and predicted we'd easily beat St Mirren and stay up.