Motherwell On Saturday

1 John Lambie

Aye start the Olé, then 30 seconds later the ball is in the back of the PTFC net. Personally not my idea of 'fun' but each to their own.

It was fun, till they scored a screamer that few teams would have kept out. If you'd rather we sat in stony silence at 2-0 up and complete control, then so be it. It's being called a cretin I take exception to.

It was fun, till they scored a screamer that few teams would have kept out. If you'd rather we sat in stony silence at 2-0 up and complete control, then so be it. It's being called a cretin I take exception to.

Point proven by post above. In such 'complete control' it was 2-1 30 secs later. If anyone genuinely thinks PTFC up 2-0 with 20 mins to go is a shoo in win I suggest they're supporting the wrong team.

Another late goal in a close game. The boo boys will be running riot with that.

aye, but who will be their scapegoat for it?

Ahead of McMillan, to nullify the threat of Ainsworth. Tactically astute from Archie.

shhhh, you can't say that on this forum. no plan b remember?

Motherwell are honking.

Much better from the Jags this weekend. That defensive four are much more assured than any other combination, and Lawless had a superb game.

Three excellently worked and taken goals. Hopefully this will convince the team that Higginbotham is like oil for an independent Scotland: a bonus and not a necessity.

:clapping: magnificent :lol:

Whole team were superb today, 3 great goals, solid from Seaborne, Jimmy C was a stand out

jimmy c (and eliiot) are first division players, not good enough for thistle, blah blah blah ..... how gutting must it be for the misguided and blinkered, being unable to say that tonight. and not for the first time.

also, whys the latest sack archie thread incarnation not a hot topic tonight? :unsure: pub. game. pub. home. now off out to enjoy rest of today , hope some posters evenings haven't been ruined, stay strong and hopeful you belligerent bunch, i'm sure ptfc will lose a game again sometime in the future :fan:

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 2

Higginbotham is like oil for an independent Scotland: a bonus and not a necessity.

I've told a lot of lies in my life, but that is so true.

I've been going around bragging about how good we are for months, despite the league table suggesting otherwise. This is a great Thistle side, still developing, and deserves complete backing.

Our family are particularly celebrating the third goal, which was put away with an aplomb that is rarely seen on the streets of Maryhill, let alone Whiteinch. It was a joke that they scored at all. Just a case of one guy grandfathering one, never a reflection of the play.

• Like 1

Point proven by post above. In such 'complete control' it was 2-1 30 secs later. If anyone genuinely thinks PTFC up 2-0 with 20 mins to go is a shoo in win I suggest they're supporting the wrong team.

Erm... What point? That we shouldn't enjoy it when were winning in case we throw it away, because we have done before? It is supposed to be fun you know?

• Like 1

Maybe it's time for some of the posters on here to resign? The evidence:

1.Baffling post selection. Same week after week. No plan B.

2.Continued posting of certain posts, despite other posts being available.

3. Constantly selecting the same post week after week, when post is clearly tired and past it's best

In other words. Get it right up ye. In Archie We Trust.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

And the lord looked down, and heard Sabbath's prayer ,for Craigen and Elliot were most excellent.

Halleluiah, to think that just by the power of divine intervention Elliot was transformed into a footballer, ok Jamesie Craigen was perhaps a miracle to far, but what the hell, he managed to put two well players on their backside. Just point me now in the direction of a place of worship and fill my pockets with coppers.

“What a friend we have in Jevus”

• Like 1

Motherwell were shocking, I only saw them once last season, the early season game, I wasnt at the game they scudded us 5-1 or the 4-3 game at Fir Park, but I expected a bit more from them. I prefer to give that credit to us though for stopping them. They've got some nice footballers, I think Ojamma could be one of the quickest players in the league, few moments of tidy play, but we totally nulified them for 95% of the game.

Is McMillan a better left back than he is right back!? He's too good in that position to be considered just a stop gap, he's solid as a rock and rarely makes a mistake.

Defence is 1000% better with Seabourne.

Vital 3 points today. Motherwell caused us problems going forward but with Seabourne in defence and Fox is great form we only conceded one goal - a fantastic strike from distance.

If anybody doubts how vital Seabourne is then look at the 3 bad results we have had he has been absent, Hamilton, St Mirren and Killie were he taken off during the game. His reading of the game is excellent and is always organizing the defence.

I thought SOD played well today, good cross for Doolan's goal and made a great run and finished his goal with a cool head. We need to accommodate him in the team with him in this form. He did make a few errors and his ears were ringing each time from Seabourn's shouts!

Motherwell really struggled with the pace and passing of jags today. They are decent going forward but really poor defensively.

Lawless had a good game, great pass for Banzo for his goal. Stuart really came onto a game in the second half.

Big Abdul is another vital to the side. He is so strong and wins just about everything in the air. He has such quick feet for a big guy.

Looked like 4-4-1-1 when Jake Carroll came to try a limit opportunities to Ainsworth - good tactical move by Archie.

Really surprised Stevenson was not put on when game was 2 1. We were in danger of getting over run in midfield and his strength and battling qualities were needed.

Edited by Alan Murray

Vital 3 points today. Motherwell caused us problems going forward but with Seabourne in defence and Fox is great form we only conceded one goal - a fantastic strike from distance.

If anybody doubts how vital Seabourne is then look at the 3 bad results we have had he has been absent, Hamilton, St Mirren and Killie were he taken off during the game. His reading of the game is excellent and is always organizing the defence.

I thought SOD played well today, good cross for Doolan's goal and made a great run and finished his goal with a cool head. We need to accommodate him in the team with him in this form. He did make a few errors and his ears were ringing each time from Seabourn's shouts!

Motherwell really struggled with the pace and passing of jags today. They are decent going forward but really poor defensively.

Lawless had a good game, great pass for Banzo for his goal. Stuart really came onto a game in the second half.

Big Abdul is another vital to the side. He is so strong and wins just about everything in the air. He has such quick feet for a big guy.

Looked like 4-4-1-1 when Jake Carroll came to try a limit opportunities to Ainsworth - good tactical move by Archie.

Really surprised Stevenson was not put on when game was 2 1. We were in danger of getting over run in midfield and his strength and battling qualities were needed.

Agree with everything but the last paragraph, who would you have taken off for Stevenson?

Big respect to Archie for ringing the changes today , there was a lot more pace in the team with SOD , Christie and Craigen playing and the key thing for me was they all worked their bollocks off . Seebourne makes a huge difference to the defence , organising and encouraging everyone , exactly how you would want your Captain to play.

It was a huge call for Archie to drop Stevenson as he's supposedly the highest earner at the club but at this moment in time I can't see where Stevenson would fit in to our style of play which is all about pressuring players and breaking at speed neither which he's good at and begs the question why was he signed in the first place .

Really enjoyed today - so much better than last week and the right decision to drop Stevenson.

Craigen did really well today - his flick to SOD to set him down the wing for the 2nd was sublime.

Big Dan in defence was immense and the whole defence looked more of a unit. No hairy moments today.

If Higgy still injured for next game, it's the same starting 11 for me.

Well done lads.

Straightforward victory today with great performances from Jimmy C and Christie.

A big shout out to my fellow hardcore Jags fans, Javeajag, Barney Rubble, Proudjag, The Cup and Gibberish/Thistlenowthistleforever.

Enjoy your night lads.

:thumbsup2:

Cheers mate - I certainly did enjoy my evening.

Hope you enjoyed yours!!

:ptfc: