Safety ?

Dick Dastardly

One of the few threads on here that people, like myself, who tend to just view topics relating to the club has been ruined by this nonsense. Some good discussion and points were being made prior to the puns. Everytime I have come on here in the last few days seeing this topic with no posts has made me click to see if there has been anything of interest happen and I am pretty sure I am not the only one to be disappointed.

You may all think its hilarious and reactions like this OTT but people used to use this site for getting up to speed on the latest Thistle news and discussion; interesting topics resorting to this put people like me completely off coming here.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

I really feel for the precious folk who have their precious threads ruined by people having a bit of fun. It must be awful.

I have to agree with you.

As a nomad, this is the forum to come to for the up to date information on the Jags.

Although not agreeing with everyone on the serious business of us staying in the top league, I see no problem with a humorous aside or twenty in a thread during a down week when we have no fixture.

For example, the week before the St Johnstone game there was next to no traffic on this site.

I appreciate that the humour may not be to everyone's taste, but nor is everyone's opinion on our progress on the field of play.

Let's at least enjoy each other's company, even if we don't always agree.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 2

Things might become a wee bit clearer after Friday night's Hamilton Motherwell game - Hamilton are in freefall - they got their work done early (and deserve a bit of praise for their pre-Xmas run) - Motherwell are desperate (for points as well as in terms of their general performances). It is a derby match so perhaps form goes out of the window. Motherwell humped them a few weeks back but Hamilton have horsed Motherwell twice in the league (and in the league cup?).

Having said that probably a dire 1-0 to Motherwell.

I really feel for the precious folk who have their precious threads ruined by people having a bit of fun. It must be awful.

There was a thread last year regarding the youth teams and how they were getting on. Although I didn't actively post on the thread I was quite interested in reading about our various future stars and their progress. It was a good thread up until the point it degenerated into to some shit-jokeathon with about 2 full pages of excruciating puns.

That was the end of that for me. Thread ended which is a real shame...

If the mods could create a special 'pun' area of the forum where all yous fun people with a 'great sense of humour' can go and enjoy yourselves without wrecking interesting threads then I think everyone would be happy.

Cheers.

Things might become a wee bit clearer after Friday night's Hamilton Motherwell game - Hamilton are in freefall - they got their work done early (and deserve a bit of praise for their pre-Xmas run) - Motherwell are desperate (for points as well as in terms of their general performances). It is a derby match so perhaps form goes out of the window. Motherwell humped them a few weeks back but Hamilton have horsed Motherwell twice in the league (and in the league cup?).

Having said that probably a dire 1-0 to Motherwell.

In a game that is a must win for Motherwell, against a team in freefall, I was amazed to see them at 15/8 to win on Friday while Accies are 11/10 (Hills online) Jags 19/10 to win at Dingwall

I heard Cowan having a wee joke on Saturday's Off The Ball - he suggested jokingly that Hamilton might not want to put up too much of an effort as they wouldn't want to lose next season's Lanarkshire derby fixture. It was only later that I reflected on his jolly jape and wondered...

Hardly anyone was posting on the forum at the weekend. The main people keeping this thread going were Lindau and BGM having a pop at each other, rightly or wrongly. It was funny when the jokes started and cool that it actually brought people back together. I didn't see any of the Pun Police posting anything so they've got a cheek moaning.

If the mods could create a special 'pun free' area of the forum where all yous dull people with 'no sense of humour' can go and be serious without wrecking interesting threads then I think everyone would be happy.

The thread is back on track. Not by moaning, but by people wanting to talk about the topic (npi). No problem.

Reckon a Hamilton win would be huge boost (npi) but I don't see it happening.

See that would be the problem with a no-pun forum. You'd be walking on eggshells. But not mini eggs. That would be a poor pun.

• Like 1

If the mods could create a special 'pun' area of the forum where all yous fun people with a 'great sense of humour' can go and enjoy yourselves without wrecking interesting threads then I think everyone would be happy.

This sounds like a really interesting proposition. Can you explain to me how this would work?

• Members

There was a thread last year regarding the youth teams and how they were getting on. Although I didn't actively post on the thread I was quite interested in reading about our various future stars and their progress. It was a good thread up until the point it degenerated into to some shit-jokeathon with about 2 full pages of excruciating puns.

That was the end of that for me. Thread ended which is a real shame...

Cheers.

I created a thread especially for puns in the past. You can see how well it worked. I'd suggest if anyone feels the need to pun on a football topic like this, they start up a new thread for it and make it clear in the title that it's a pun thread and they could even link to it from the relevant thread. It's not that difficult really!

Hamilton win for me. It's all about getting safe as quickly as possible so that we can start making changes to our squad for next season. Dundee have the benefit of being able to sign players - Nicky Low (who I'd have liked) on a pre-contract agreement - by finishing in the top six. Hearts, who have secured promotion, have told Eckersley he's going, told Keatings he's free to go and been told by Wilson he's off. It'd be good to be in a position to do that.

Jeez, this can really be a soul destroying place at times. I'm not the biggest fan of the puns, but scrolling through a dozen posts that aren't of interest to me is hardly going to ruin my day. Same as I don't mind scrolling past a few posts of people moaning about things, I guess.

I'd agree that we're looking for a Hamilton win on Friday, but given recent form I wouldn't be expecting it.

• Like 1

Jeez, this can really be a soul destroying place at times. I'm not the biggest fan of the puns, but scrolling through a dozen posts that aren't of interest to me is hardly going to ruin my day. Same as I don't mind scrolling past a few posts of people moaning about things, I guess. I'd agree that we're looking for a Hamilton win on Friday, but given recent form I wouldn't be expecting it.

I don't know. One of the odd things about Hamilton's run is that haven't actually seemed to play that badly (for instance when they got beat by Dundee Utd they actually made a load of chances and lost by United taking about their only chance of the game). It depends I suppose how badly their confidence has been affected by playing well and still losing.

A point people may be missing is that a win for Motherwell on Friday and a win for us against Ross means we will only be 2 points behind the Accies with a fairly better goal difference than them. With St Mirren and then Hamilton next up, we could be in a great position come the middle of the final fixtures. The way our defence is playing makes me think we will get at least a draw on Saturday.

• Like 1

split the difference - take a draw for the Friday fixture. If we perform to our best over the 5 games we could still catch Accies for 7th and if not we would still need a few points to keep "well" above 'Well.

Careful !!! :)

I'd be reasonably chuffed if Accies & 'Well drew and we also get a share of the points at Dingwall.