Celtic 09/08/15 Match Thread

potty trained

So, just a few days left before the game at the weekend. Must say I'm really looking forward to it and I'm quite positive about a Thistle victory.

Celtic will be not long back from a long journey across Europe playing on a rubbish pitch, hopefully knackered and carrying injuries. I think there's no better opportunity to beat them.

A win for Thistle would send out a message, especially after a hard fought point at NDP playing 70 minutes with 10 men.

I'm really looking forward to being in the North Stand for this and getting right behind the team for the full 90 minutes. Added to that our home support being in the more compact Main Stand means there's a real chance to get right behind the team.

I always have a bit of trepidation before a game against one of the ugly sisters, but when push comes to shove, I'd hate to miss us beating them, knowing I could have been there.

kevin-keegan-love-it.jpg

As you say, no better time to play them.

I know Seaborne returned last night but I'd keep Lindsay and Hendry at the back together for this one, in Frans' absence. Lawless needs to come back in - who drops out?

Do we flood the midfield with Osman, Welsh and Bannigan and have Amoo and Lawless behind Doolan (or Pogba...), with Stevenson benched?

Do we make a like-for-like switch with Bannigan and Lawless?

Do we take Welsh out and return to the tried and tested midfield pairing of Osman and Bannigan?

Do we drop the new guy Amoo, who didn't impress last week - but in difficult circumstances, or will he even be over his knock to take his place anyway?

Decisions, decisions...

kevin-keegan-love-it.jpg

As you say, no better time to play them.

I know Seaborne returned last night but I'd keep Lindsay and Hendry at the back together for this one, in Frans' absence. Lawless needs to come back in - who drops out?

Do we flood the midfield with Osman, Welsh and Bannigan and have Amoo and Lawless behind Doolan (or Pogba...), with Stevenson benched?

Do we make a like-for-like switch with Bannigan and Lawless?

Do we take Welsh out and return to the tried and tested midfield pairing of Osman and Bannigan?

Do we drop the new guy Amoo, who didn't impress last week - but in difficult circumstances, or will he even be over his knock to take his place anyway?

Decisions, decisions...

Got a feeling that Archie won't want to expose both Hendry and Lindsay to what could be a confidence denting situation

Wouldn't be surprised if we go three at the back. Three from Seaborne, Hendry, Lindsay and Miller. The latter virtually played in the right side of a trio during the last 15 mins on Saturday. Elliott is probably best placed as a right wing back. Amoo would then drop out and personally I'd play Lawless inside in preference to Stevenson, who may be a bit off even his pace at the moment.

Maybees

................................................................Cerny

............................................Miller.........Hendry.......Seaborne/Lindsay

.............................................................Osman

........................................Welsh...............................Bannigan

Elliott............................................................................................................................Booth

..................................................................................................Lawless

.............................................................Doolan

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Got a feeling that Archie won't want to expose both Hendry and Lindsay to what could be a confidence denting situation

Wasn't there last night but the impression I get from those who were is that Seaborne's not 100% (maybe not even close). This would be a big game to throw him into.

As long as Osman/Welsh protect them well, I'd have no hesitations putting Hendry and Lindsay in. They seem like confident guys.

I'm not going. I'll watch it on telly but won't be there.

We're going to get gubbed. I've gone into almost every game with Celtic in my life thinking we can beat them, and we always get beat (I was 1 last time we best them). I just can't see it. They'll be tired from the trip, yes, but they'll either have a confidence boosting win/draw to progress or they'll have a defeat which they'll be angry about and take out on us.

Hope to Christ I'm wrong, but I really can't see it this time.

Play Lindsay and Hendry at the back btw. It'll be good experience for them, and they'll improve as players through playing against better strikers.

Does any Thistle fan want a ticket for this? Maybe to bring along a lapsed fan? My wife is getting induced on Sunday for our first kid so the game is out for me. I've a ticket for Main Stand due to my season ticket being in Jackie Husband.

Due to the above I'm expecting 2-0 victory as I'll miss it.

For match. Seabourne for Frans. Lawless for Amoo. If possible have Osman, Bannigan and Welsh in midfield with Welsh in forward position. (Not even sure if he can play there to be honest).

• Like 4

Seabourne has barely played or trained, wouldn't start him.

If Elliot is fit he could go in at RB and shift Miller over to CB or alternatively just start with Hendry. He looked the part last week.

Doolan to keep his place with Pogba coming off the bench.

Lawless in for Stevenson/Amoo.

Does any Thistle fan want a ticket for this? Maybe to bring along a lapsed fan? My wife is getting induced on Sunday for our first kid so the game is out for me. I've a ticket for Main Stand due to my season ticket being in Jackie Husband.

Shocking mate. Part time fan.

• Like 1

For match. Seabourne for Frans. Lawless for Amoo. If possible have Osman, Bannigan and Welsh in midfield with Welsh in forward position. (Not even sure if he can play there to be honest).

Can she not get induced around 5pm allowing you to get to the game? Woman eh!!

Seriously All the best for becoming a Dad hope all goes well

I think we should start with Lindsay and Hendry with Seabourne on the bench as back up. I would imagine Fools would start and bring on 99 at some point.

For me on Sunday this isn't a game I look to to add to our points tally, but what it does do this Sunday is for the first time us Jags fans are all together and not fragmented around the stadium, so we really need to make a racket and get behind the team, they will need all of the help they can get.

More importantly we can drown out the sectarian bile which will be emanating from the JHS

^^ under the thumb

(says the guy who is going to be in Glasgow but missing the game as there is a good chance he'll have to meet with the minister ahead of his wedding that Sunday)

LLD i work with a lapsed Jag and Im also relocated to the Main Stand. I would like to try and drag him back to Firhill if you still have your ticket on offer.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words. In terms of going into the game and hospital my father in law told me he dropped the wife at hospital then went home. Went to work next day and saw his new daughter after work finished. Old skool.

Clydebank Jag I sent you a PM.

Top man LLD, reply sent, thank you.

My ticket in lieu of ST seat in JHS,is shown as unreserved M3 in Main Stand. Will there be proper segregation in the Main Stand or are we likely to be surrounded by Celtic support.

AJ

There should be no Celtic fans whatsoever in there. They will all be housed in the Jackie Husband stand. Celtic don't appear to have sold out their allocation as of yet anyway.

North stand is designated seats for this game only, not sure why.

Will anyone actually be adhering to this? I have a seat about 5 rows away from my mate who I go to the games with and I was under the assumption that everyone was just going to do the normal North Stand thing of standing where you want.

Will anyone actually be adhering to this? I have a seat about 5 rows away from my mate who I go to the games with and I was under the assumption that everyone was just going to do the normal North Stand thing of standing where you want.

I'm lucky in that I have a ticket for where I always stand. Directly behind the goals, back row.

A lot of the time we stand on the "shelf" behind the seats. If the police move us off of there, I'll be politely telling whoever's in my seat, to budge along.