Jakey Ratnamara

Veejag

I don't make a full time job out of disliking the wee rat; I only feel the annoyance towards him when the subject comes up. But pulleeze, (some) people, don't tell me what to think, feel or get over. Are you ma maw?

I express my opinions like anybody else on here, but I don't think I'm renowned for counselling anybody or imposing therapeutic advice on them. My views on McNamara have all been formed on the basis of the way he shat on us mightily, nothing more, nothing less. If people have got an issue with me (and one or two like-minded others) expressing my anti-McNamara sentiments, then simply work out a coping mechanism to assist you to deal with it, because I would say that I'm pretty unlikely to cave in to the wishes of my betters any time soon.

• Like 2

I know he messed us about and left disgracefully. But let's get over it. Just consider what he did for Thistle. He was a fantastic manager for us. Just ask Bannigan, O'Donnell, Erskine,Lawless, Muirhead etc etc just how he turned them into fabulous players who provided us with brilliant entertainment. It's the job of any manager and specially of PTFC to bring on young players and he was particularly adept at this. So good luck to the guy.

Yes indeed.

He did well and then did what 99% of people in any walk of life would do. If someone doubled my salary I'd be off like a shot to another establishment

Was the team not mostly McCall signings? I think even Erskine had agreed to come to Firhill before IMac left.

Jackie did a good job no doubt but his departure was undignified to say the least .

He's a pantomime villain and you're allowed to boo pantomime villains , it's a football forum FFS.

• Like 1

He did well and then did what 99% of people in any walk of life would do. If someone doubled my salary I'd be off like a shot to another establishment

Aye but when you walk away from an unfinished job/contract and leave a company to fend for itself, double salary or not things tend to come back and bite you. You take a gamble that things will work out fine at your new employment/contract cos if they don't your CV/credibility is well shot.

Anyway there's no way anyone can argue that McNamara's signings weren't crucial to our success. But I doubt you could argue that McCall by putting down the foundations didn't play a significant role either. Taking a real punt on two raw guys from the Juniors may well be his biggest legacy but there were plenty more positives that can be attributed to McCall as he dragged us up from where Campbell had stuck us. That said we only looked like a side that could get promoted after he left.

Personally I don't think we'd have got promoted if McNamara hadn't left but at the same time we'd never have been in the position to win the league without him. So in a round about way leaving when he did and tossing Archie in at the deep end is arguably McNamara's greatest legacy.

The Grand Old Jake Of York

He had ten thousand quid

He spent it not on players

But a bung for him not Sid

The team they were up, going up

Sometimes they were down, going down

But when they were only half way up

He took a better offer and shat all over them by refusing to buy his contract out, and even tried to extort cash out of them for getting them half way up.

• Like 4

i see yorks chairman was asked if judas snakenamara has a clause in his contract similar to the deal at tannadump that earned the manager a percentage from selling players ..... the chairman refused to answer the question.

so, that will be a yes then, and we can look forward to yorks best two players jumping ship to shellsuitic in the january window.

• Like 1

I don't make a full time job out of disliking the wee rat; I only feel the annoyance towards him when the subject comes up. But pulleeze, (some) people, don't tell me what to think, feel or get over. Are you ma maw?

I express my opinions like anybody else on here, but I don't think I'm renowned for counselling anybody or imposing therapeutic advice on them. My views on McNamara have all been formed on the basis of the way he shat on us mightily, nothing more, nothing less. If people have got an issue with me (and one or two like-minded others) expressing my anti-McNamara sentiments, then simply work out a coping mechanism to assist you to deal with it, because I would say that I'm pretty unlikely to cave in to the wishes of my betters any time soon.

No issue with your view BJ. I respect it and fully support your right to express it anytime you want.

My humble view is that we have more immediate problems to address than berating a former manager who ultimately did more good for us than bad despite his less than classy exit.

• Like 1