Team For Dungdee

watties wallies

Decent result away to a team with a much stronger squad. Other results not too bad for us also.

I fully respect your opinion, but in my view it wasn't a decent result given the start we had.

We got the hard bit right - we got in front.

These are games that have to be won in those circumstances.

Is it really acceptable to be this season's St Mirren?

I fully respect your opinion, but in my view it wasn't a decent result given the start we had.

After fifteen games last season St Mirren had eight points. As had Ross County. A win against Inverness in a fortnight will give us fourteen points, two less than the same point in the previous season. Just to put a positive spin on things.

After fifteen games last season St Mirren had eight points. As had Ross County. A win against Inverness in a fortnight will give us fourteen points, two less than the same point in the previous season. Just to put a positive spin on things.

Fully respect your opinion - but I do not want this season to be about could have should have would have.

We are second bottom for a reason, and even although a win today would not have altered that status, it was one (like Hamilton recently) that we need to do better in given our crappy start to the season.

And emulating Dross's second half of last season would be an achievement and them some with the current squad. We do not have their room from maneuovre, though.

So let's be realistic - we need to win winnable games. And so far this season that has only happened twice.

• Like 1

I don't want to be this season's St Mirren any more than you or anyone else does. I don't however believe that we are anywhere near adrift in the way they were last year. We are competing in most games and just failing to get the results at times.

I don't want to be this season's St Mirren any more than you or anyone else does. I don't however believe that we are anywhere near adrift in the way they were last year. We are competing in most games and just failing to get the results at times.

Sure, but as I said earlier, could have would have should have.

It's results that count, and not our ability to compete or play pretty football in front of the opposition's back four.

Let's get to f*** out of the bottom two, and let's do it soon.

And if we're "just failing to get the results" in every game, we'll do worse than St. Mirren did last season. As BR said, "It's results that count", and ours are dire.

why take doolan off surely amoo off and another midfield player on

fair to lindsay on his goal :happy2:

Doolan was dead on his feet for at least 5 minutes before being subbed. Thought Stevenson a more logical sub than anyone left on the bench.

Btw Dools was excellent today. Lead the line so well. Very similar to his performance at NDP in August.

• Like 2

And if we're "just failing to get the results" in every game, we'll do worse than St. Mirren did last season. As BR said, "It's results that count", and ours are dire.

WWDLD. 8 from 15. Our recent form is hardly dire.

Our performances in the Hamilton and the Hearts matches were poor - I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment.

The next four matches could define our season. We really need to get behind the team because it's a superb chance to put a run together. Equally, it could see us rooted to the bottom two. Huge.

Can't argue with your point Fearchar. I do still think we are a lot better than St Mirren were last year and that we are far from out of it. Results are what count and we do need to keep picking up the points we have in the last few games on an ongoing basis.

Ps. Not very good at this "quote thing" being a newbie!!!

Decent point. I'd have taken it before the game. Typical Thistle though. Coming off the back of a 4 goal hiding at home, we go away and fight to earn a point, but still make it feel like a loss. Imagine the mood might be different had we scored the late goal, but maybe not in some quarters.

• Like 1

Decent point. I'd have taken it before the game. Typical Thistle though. Coming off the back of a 4 goal hiding at home, we go away and fight to earn a point, but still make it feel like a loss. Imagine the mood might be different had we scored the late goal, but maybe not in some quarters.

I feel in this instance it wasn't a typical case of us throwing away a late goal (not seeing the game out). The equaliser could've come any time during the 2nd half and imo more surprising it took so long. Indeed the game only really came alive after they scored with both teams going for the 3 points. If there are any repeat failings in our game it's more to do with not capitalising when we're on top.

Did of course feel like a loss on leaving the ground. Spoke with a couple of Dundee supporters after the game and they were quick to say we should've been three or four goals to the good before they scored. Probably a slight exaggeration but I think we can all mind comments like that on too regular a basis.