Inverness Match Thread Saturday

Lindau

no problem with gallagher for saturday

jags have 5 keepers on the books ?

looking forward to the game on saturday

doolan and lawless to run them ragged

only one thistle in scotland and it aint them from inversneckie :happy2:

Cerny, Scully, Gallacher, Waters and Cullen.

I think our biggest weakness over the last three (maybe even four) games has been the tailing off/deep defending in the 2nd half. It's likely that's more a collective failure than individual error. We usually press ICT quite high up the pitch and that's been by and large a successful approach recently. Archie has made a big deal about the importance of the first goal but I feel it's just as important to be keep seeking a second rather than just trying to hing on.

If Cerny isn't fit for Saturday, the Scully has to play, otherwise what's he for? If we have to play our goalkeeping coach because we can't rely on our back-up goalie, then he's not worth having as a back-up. Having said that, I'd be happier with Gallagher in goal on Saturday... Which means?...

I don't think it would raise questions if Gallacher was to be selected simply because he was in goal for the previous match. If however Cerny isn't going to make it for the game at Rugby Pk as well then I'd think Scully may come in. Gallacher looked uncomfortable on their pitch last season.

• Like 1

I'm not too worried about the goalkeeper situation. Of more concern is an in-form Bannigan being suspended.

I can't see Archie dropping Welsh for this.

So who comes in, Gary Fraser perhaps?

So a midfield three of Welsh, Osman and Fraser. I hope we can find the right balance in the middle of the park, something that we have struggled with this season so far...

Oh I dunno, he only flapped like a chicken for 90 minutes against Hearts?

I suppose a smarter arsed riposte would've been 84 minutes. But in truth there's little comeback to your reply. What do Paul Gallacher, Craig Hinchcliffe or Alan Archibald know about keepers?

Consecutive player of the year awards at Dunfermline may well be of diminished value these days but still not bad by my reckoning for a 21/22 year old goalie. I can't really see this as an "it's all about opinions" issue either as the guy has hardly played for us.

Granted I haven't seen Scully that many times but from what I have seen, I haven't been overly impressed.

His demeanour doesn't exude confidence which I think clearly has an effect on our defence.

He doesn't command his box, communication is poor, kicking looks dodgy and he flaps at crosses.

I get why folk want him to succeed but I just don't think he's got it as a top flight keeper (certainly not at the moment anyway).

There is a huge difference between looking good in training to turning out performances on a match day.

I hope he proves me wrong but I can't see it sadly.

• Like 2

I'm not for a minute saying Scully will turn out to be a top Jags goalie but I can't see how anyone can be so judgemental about him after so few outings for us. By my reckoning he's only played a couple of games for us this season unless you include the goalless friendly v Falkirk.

Prior to that we're talking about when he was 19 year old. I wouldn't judge an outfield player never mind a keeper at that age but just for the record he had a rather uninspiring game against Queens Pk (playing behind Balatoni and Muirhead who were just as shaky). Apart from that he had clean sheets in his one other game plus of course the final quarter of that match (one of my favourites in recent times) against the Pars.

• Like 1

Is Scully not still suspended ?

If not, he has to start.

Why has he GOT to start? Scully was very poor against Hearts, culminating in a needless sending off. Galls came in against Dundee and was outstanding. The shirt should be his until either he has a stinker or TC is fit to return!

LIB makes a good point regarding judging keepers compared to out field players. A good example of that, I think is Lindsay. Most folk would say he "cost" us 2 goals vs Hearts, but there is hardly a word to say he should be binned - instead it is "give him time", which I agree with. If we want the youth set up to work,we need to be prepared for costly mistakes in the early days of their career. Actually, another example of a young player who some supporters thought should have been binned because of early mistakes is Balatoni. When he left this season it was seen as some kind of disaster

• Like 1

I think we have enough in our locker to win this game, and with Banzo out, it's an ideal opportunity to try something different.

Steve should play in behind Dools tomorrow, if I recall it was around this time last season that Stevo started to deliver the goods.

Archie seems to be saying in the press today that Muirhead will be going back to United therefore no sense in playing him ahead of Stevo.

A def winnable game IMHO