Stevenson Away

Magyar55

They can have him, as far as I'm concerned.

I am happy to see him go. There appears to be a good rapport at Firhill these days with the players and it only takes one bad apple to spoil that. Not saying Stevo is like that but his actions when scoring the winner a few weeks back left a bad taste. Doesn't alter my opinion that he could be a cracking signing for Ayr.

• Like 2

The transfer window is still closed, hence why it's an "emergency loan". They would have to wait to get him on a permanent deal.

It's been timed to end just prior the the closure of the window. If he proves he's fit then there will be a few days to sort out a permanent move. If not, then I reckon his contract will be terminated 'by mutual consent'. Reckon there's too much water under the bridge to make a return to Firhill feasible.

If someone has to prove his fitness to a largely part time third tier club how far away would the player be from a regular start at a club in the top division? To my meagre mind that's the most salient point. Fall outs with the manager, alienation from the rest of the squad, even general attitude are surely all secondary issues.