Erskine

Veejag

Even Da admits he's like Denis McQuade - an enigma who is simply made for Thistle.

From the horses's mouth at one of those meet the manager nights where Denis was guesting . Even Denis McQuade thinks Erskine's like Denis McQuade.

Don't think the length of contract is a concern from the point of view that his pace is not his strongest point.

Having said that. I think Bannigan is a better player

I would have Erskine over banzo everyday of the week. Erskine had a good season last year with united. As has been said above, he won over the united fans that were heavily critical of him in his first season. He is exactly the type of player we are missing at the moment, a player who can create and score. Great bit of business by the club. As fir Osman being linked to Dundee.....

Dundee's a shitehole, ull want to come home

Until we hear anything official should we matbe taking this with a pinch of salt? For all we know the record got this off Facebook

I so hope it's true - like Doolan the guy is such a complete professional on and off the park, a complete gent and family guy. He is also 150 per cent a team player and will guve150 per cent to the red and yellow cause. He is also someone like Doolan who a lot of the younger players can learn from. As for those saying he's not spl standard well he was Dundee United player of the year last year and they finished in the top 6 - I'd be delighted to sign someone who was player of the year in a top 6 spl club

Absolutely delighted if it's true

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/january_2016/erskine_signs_pre-contract_agreement

• Like 1

Feel bad for Squiddy in terms of announcment made this early - 2nd time this has happened to him in 3 years - dont think its fair on him given he'll be playing us like 3-4 times before seasons out, could we not have sat on this until end of season?

i know united revealed the double signing of paton and erskine before end of season, but they weren't direct competitor at the time, plus they are classless a-holes, dont see the urgency in announcing this myself, purely for squiddy's benefit.

Really pleased with the signing.

• Like 1

Feel bad for Squiddy in terms of announcment made this early - 2nd time this has happened to him in 3 years - dont think its fair on him given he'll be playing us like 3-4 times before seasons out, could we not have sat on this until end of season?

Maybe there's a reason it's been announced so early?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/35333277

Christ Erskine: Partick Thistle to sign Dundee Utd player in summer

Wow - not sure he's that good!

Saw that as well! thought it was my eyes.

Great to have him back, a player that excites in a thistle jersey, no doubt he will have his fair share of bad games but this signing had me getting that wee warm feeling...like when he came back on loan, or when taylor came on loan, or when Lambie used to sign Chic.

Delighted with this.

Hmmm. I forfeit the right to all opinions because I don't agree that someone who can't get into the first XI of the worst team in the league would be a good signing. Okey-dokey.

Bit harsh Charlie , Erskine is just back from injury and been out for 3 months, won Dundee Utd player of the year last year and chipped in with 10 goals.

He' ll be a good signing but you're entitled to your opinion.

Hmmm. I forfeit the right to all opinions because I don't agree that someone who can't get into the first XI of the worst team in the league would be a good signing. Okey-dokey.

Or you could saw that they are the worst team because he is not in it? Sometimes players just seem to fit at a certain club and there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Erskine and Thistle seem to be that sort of combination so personally I am glad he is coming back but not everyone will agree - no problems with that.

I thought Erskine, when he came on against us just after he was returning for injury, looked both sharp and dangerous. Could of course just be coincidence but we definitely went from looking comfortable to hanging on.

I thought he won Dundee Utd player of the year last season.

Fave goal was a volley v Airdrie. Was 0-0 we were pushing for a win in promotion season and getting close to 90 mins. Out of nowhere volley at edge of box.

1-0.

Thankyou Camallian. Even better than I remembered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZt28Rk954k&sns=em

Also remember Paul Paton trying like a beast in that game. Gave everything as Airdrie were so defensive.

There was another cracker that season where he took the ball at half way line beat 5 players and spotted past keeper. It made grown men jump up and down like kids. Can't remember opposition though!

Without a shadow of a doubt, this was a crucial win, in my opinion the goal that won the league.