Erskine

Veejag

I thought he won Dundee Utd player of the year last season.

Fave goal was a volley v Airdrie. Was 0-0 we were pushing for a win in promotion season and getting close to 90 mins. Out of nowhere volley at edge of box.

1-0.

Thankyou Camallian. Even better than I remembered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZt28Rk954k&sns=em

Also remember Paul Paton trying like a beast in that game. Gave everything as Airdrie were so defensive.

There was another cracker that season where he took the ball at half way line beat 5 players and spotted past keeper. It made grown men jump up and down like kids. Can't remember opposition though!

Yes, It was a cracking goal. Here are a few more goals from Mr Erskine that I have managed to capture :

I for one will be welcoming the big man back to his spiritual home with wide open arms. So often this's season we've passed the ball from sidedness to side without possessing much of a goal threat. Well, IMHO Erskine provides a player who will run with the ball and help out with a more than average return in goals. If you add in his ability to do that undefinable bit extra, I think this is a smart bit of business by the club.

• Like 2

Yes but mixu would be mad to let him go before the game against us on 30th. Transfer will happen after that game imo.

Another scenario is united keep him and don't play him. They may feel giving him earlier gives us a big advantage and worth their while doing this. Of course they will want his wages off the books, depends on how much money they have available.

Yes but mixu would be mad to let him go before the game against us on 30th. Transfer will happen after that game imo.

Another scenario is united keep him and don't play him. They may feel giving him earlier gives us a big advantage and worth their while doing this. Of course they will want his wages off the books, depends on how much money they have available.

I remember we made a January signing from Raith Rovers and part of the agreement was the player didn't play against them in the match the next Saturday. I also remember that player was none other than the great Darren Brady.

I think if the roles were reversed and say Lawless had signed a PCA with Killie I think I would rather he went now, and I am sure Archie would send him on his way.

This is different from when Erskine and Paton signed for Utd, we were in a different league and as such no conflict of interest, however Erskine is on a hiding to nothing in a no win situation which I am sure Mixu is aware of, and I would be very surprised if Erskine isn't with us after the game on 30th January having played no part in the game.

Just in regards to a couple of points about should we offer United £50k now rather than wait to the summer.

Someone said should we be paying relegation rivals that amount of money. It's worth remembering that the one problem United doesn't have just now is finances. They have made several million pounds in the last few years and are prepared to Shell out big money just now on former Manchester United players, Japanese internationals etc. So money is not an issue for them at now, thankfully at present signing these former big names is not working. If it was £50k to killie or Accies who do not have the same spending facilities as United then that may be different.

The other thing is if we spend say £50k (and I don't think it would be anywhere near as much as that) and he plays a vital part in us staying up and helps us on a cup run (provided he is eligible to play - as don't know if he played for United) then we would have lost a lot more than £50k going down so personally feel spend the money to get him here now if United are willing to let him and if it needs be as much as 50k then so be it

Just in regards to a couple of points about should we offer United £50k now rather than wait to the summer.

Someone said should we be paying relegation rivals that amount of money. It's worth remembering that the one problem United doesn't have just now is finances. They have made several million pounds in the last few years and are prepared to Shell out big money just now on former Manchester United players, Japanese internationals etc. So money is not an issue for them at now, thankfully at present signing these former big names is not working. If it was £50k to killie or Accies who do not have the same spending facilities as United then that may be different.

The other thing is if we spend say £50k (and I don't think it would be anywhere near as much as that) and he plays a vital part in us staying up and helps us on a cup run (provided he is eligible to play - as don't know if he played for United) then we would have lost a lot more than £50k going down so personally feel spend the money to get him here now if United are willing to let him and if it needs be as much as 50k then so be it

Pretty sure he did play at least part of the game v Airdrie, which would cup-tie him.

Apparently Mixu is furious about the PCA and wants him out the door NOW.

A mate of mine up there is adamant that he'll be with us this month.

Call me twisted but given the amount of times united have shafted us in exactly the same way over the years, to hear that this is making Mixu furious and their fans upset just makes the return of Chris Erskine all the sweeter. :clapping::happy2:

• Like 1

Let's be honest Mixu is mad!

Whit a player, an undoubted legend������

Absolute shame. If he hadn't been headhunted by County he could've been enjoying his testimonial year with us.

Apart from maybe having to barter over a nominal sum I think the only thing holding up Erskine's return will be United bringing in some sort of replacement. As I doubt very much the Pub Landlord would be thinking of Chris being his first choice it may well just be a case of bringing in cover for a cover. Wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench for the Motherwell match. I don't know how reliable the Dundee Evening Telegraph is but it suggests Erskine joining us imminently is quite likely

Whit a player, an undoubted legend������

Brady - while a very limited player - was at least a trier. We've had far worse. I think it's his association with Campbell that does him down. Another Campbell player, McConnologue deserves scorn far more than Brady. "Slippers" with far more talent than Brady probably contributed far less to the team.

Brady - while a very limited player - was at least a trier. We've had far worse. I think it's his association with Campbell that does him down. Another Campbell player, McConnologue deserves scorn far more than Brady. "Slippers" with far more talent than Brady probably contributed far less to the team.

Nope. He was shit.