Aberdeen Game 19/02/16

Lindau

I heard John Hughes in his pre-match interview bemoaning a penalty decision against them when they played Aberdeen at Pittodrie...so maybe last night was evening things out.

In which case, I'm looking forward to Dools punching one into the net on Friday night to balance Rooney's goal last time at Firhill.

More likely someone will punch Rooney into the net!

It has been chucking it in South Glasgow. Though last week in Leith it was apparently a drizzle. So, hopefully the area around Firhill has been an oasis of storm free weather and the game goes ahead.

I really, really would have preferred these games to have been played. At the moment our position is completely false, I always thought points in the bag were better than potential points. But even I count some of the points we haven't won yet as won. It is a sad situation to be in.

I'd rather the games had been played to be honest, the later it gets in the season before they are played, the harder they become. More like cup ties.

• Like 1

i live in the south side so can't comment on how bad the pitch is and have no reason to doubt what you guys are saying.

If it is going to be off should they not announce it now as Aberdeen is a fair hike and it ain't really ideal for away fans with a lot of travelling being left late to be notified whether game is on or off.

If it's unplayable then as well to call it off now

i live in the south side so can't comment on how bad the pitch is and have no reason to doubt what you guys are saying.

If it is going to be off should they not announce it now as Aberdeen is a fair hike and it ain't really ideal for away fans with a lot of travelling being left late to be notified whether game is on or off.

If it's unplayable then as well to call it off now

Call it off now for the sake of Aberdeen's travelling fans? Unless they're walking, I think we can give it a while yet.

Call it off now for the sake of Aberdeen's travelling fans? Unless they're walking, I think we can give it a while yet.

im really hoping it goes ahead and as fed up with everyone else of the call offs. It's hitting us hard on and off the park and off tomorrow night by 5.45 on Saturday we could be second bottom. Yes we will have games in hand but unless they are won which is far from guaranteed, we cannot automatically presume points will be in the bag. Add in so many games in a short space of time and we could have numerous injury worries. So please don't misunderstand me I am really hoping it's game on

Where we are just now in terms of games in hand reminds me of our 1st Div winning year. 8 points behind Morton with 3 games in hand and we won the league.

We could afford to lose our 3 games and still b in with a reasonable chance of avoiding the play off place. I would rather be in our position than that of Killie, 'Well or Accies

• Like 1

Tomorrow night could be our fourth postponement this winter due to the adverse ,horrendous weather that seems only to have

hit the Maryhill area. The state of the playing surface is down to the board being rather shortsighted and no doubt lacking in funds.>Due to previous problems with drainage in certain areas of the surface a blind my man could have told you that the park would be

in trouble due to the recent and continuous Maryhill dounpours. It does nothing for the club,s image when tail of the bank Morton have had

one game off due to flooding, which was outside the ground[ the park I was told was playable] and motherwell along with the old firm , having zero league postponements up

to date

Edited by mulguy jag

Still hopeful this will be on.

I cycled by Firhill around 7.30 tonight, the JHS side of the pitch is fully covered, it's still heavily sanded and there hasn't been much recovery but it is being protected. If the ground staff are sweeping off standing water throughout the day it will help.

Forecast on BBC looks grim but scroll down to the rain radar map and it's not that bad, very heavy rain mid day, after that looks ok-ish...

Maybe our undersoil has sprung a leak? Think there will need to be a major overhaul of the pitch during the summer. It cant be that difficult to put in adequate drainage surely? We have all that wasted ground now at the city end, dig a big trench and let the water flow away that way. I cant ever remember it being as bad as this

Where we are just now in terms of games in hand reminds me of our 1st Div winning year. 8 points behind Morton with 3 games in hand and we won the league.

We could afford to lose our 3 games and still b in with a reasonable chance of avoiding the play off place. I would rather be in our position than that of Killie, 'Well or Accies

We cannot afford to do anything of the kind, Vinnyjag.

• Like 1