St Johnstone 02/03/16

Lindau

aye delighted with that result, should hopefully go some way to securing our survivial unless Killie start winning their next 3 or 4 games.I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but had to in order to calm the nerves! alan archiiiiibald alan archibald alan aaaaarrrrchiiiiibaaaaaaallld. the Jags fans sounded ecellent in the audio, were they all in the main stand aswell I take it?

What a job Archie is doing at the moment. I'd like to see what the league table would look like if the season started the day we beat utd 3 nil at home. Just think where we would be if not for that start to the season. One of the big things more than anything else i've noticed this season is we now can see out games, tonight for example last year we would'nt have won tonight. The motherwell game at home last min winner last season or 1 before it was other teams doing it to us, or even when we took the lead late we would lose a late goal i.e Hamilton 2-1. We really have grown into this league. Well done Archie and co well done sir.

• Like 1

Just a great result tonight. Even chick dung had to admit we were very good in first half. Great to see Lindsay get a game again and win - will do his confidence a lot of good. Also good to see Sean back in. Will need whole squad over the next week or two to deal with up and coming games and if we have a few injuries from tonight it will be interesting to see what approach Archie takes.

You can bet that tommy shite will be thinking about trying to take the likes of Osman and Lawless to Perth now

Huge result tonight. 6 points ahead of Killie with still 3 games in hand should hopefully give the team a chance to relax and push for the top 6. The games in hand are tough ones but no reason why we can't pick up a few points. 4 wins in a row versus St Johnstone is a top effort.

Some good points on here.

I have been saying for some time that Banzo is just getting better and better now that he knows he is a class above most players in the league. Loved the way he effortlessly drifted past the no 22 several times.

He has matured into a very good player. Also Booth, Seaborne, Lawless and Cerny are very good now.

So let's get fired into the top 3 and show what we can do. No defensive line ups please.

BTW That referee Thomson is an absolute disgrace. I hold him solely responsible for allowing Lawless to be banjoed all night and unsurprisingly injured. The incident after about 15 when he walked past the last defender only to be hacked down was a straight red. The guy was not even booked.

BTW That referee Thomson is an absolute disgrace. I hold him solely responsible for allowing Lawless to be banjoed all night and unsurprisingly injured. The incident after about 15 when he walked past the last defender only to be hacked down was a straight red. The guy was not even booked.

I always get the impression that Thomson is one of those refs that only wants his linesmen to run the line and flag offside. On a couple of occasions when one of our lads got chopped, he may have been unsighted. If like most good refs he allowed his linesmen some input then we might have got a fairer deal. Every bit as arrogant an official as Collum.

Was a very impressive first half performance ,and if truth were told another two or three goals would have been a more realistic look to the shoreline. Second half not so good, that old panic and defending too deep seemed to afflict the side again. However, although St Johnstone scored a second half goal they weren't much of an improvement on their first half efforts. Once Dools came on for a tired Pogba and nearly repeated his feat of last week by scoring with his first touch the ship,was well and truly steadied. In the end we were comfortable enough winners. Special shout out to Banzo for once again being head and shoulders above anyone else: mention in despatches too for Stevie Lawless and Scott Booth, great performances from them both until the latter was taken off the victim of numerous unpunished assault by St Johnstone defenders. Everyone else had decent games and Imdon't think there was,a failure in the team. Thompson had a shocking game inconsistent as ever and giving us absolutely zilch as usual.

We can go to Tynecastle in good heart, depending of course on what Jags team turns up.

Highlights on bbc http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35713629

Tommy wright is a fcukin dinosaur

Says tehy dominated it but immediately follows it up with there was nothing between the sides

Then says they had plenty of chances but didnt work the keeper

Thank **** we've got archie i'd want to chuck it if we got someone like that in i couldnt listen to that pish every week

The BBC rightly get a lot of stick for their TV coverage of us, but that is reasonably decent mini-highlights package. I was just expecting to see the goals once each, but we got replays and a few other chances as well.

Perhaps my expectations have just been expertly lowered over the years ...

another 3 pts towards safety away from the play offs - which I reckon will be about the 45 point mark this season - winning our games in hand would take us comfortably into 4th spot

Actually, all we need to do is win our next 2 games and we will be 4th. Ross, Dundee and St. Johnstone don't play in that time

Enjoyed the BBC highlights of the game - after getting by the commentator's opening statement, "Partick Thistle went into this game not having won an away league match since December 2015." WTF! We've played THREE away games in that time, one draw and two defeats (with one of the defeats being the narrow last-minute loss to Celtic). Why do football commentators feel the need to find the most negative set of statistics to compare Thistle to? Anyway, massive result last night. Don't want to jinx anything, but we look like a top six team on that performance.