Aberdeen

p12tfc

As KK says, losing two goals to headers in quick succession is dreadful.

Keeping Doolan warming the bench for so long could also have been counter-productive. If he had been on a little longer, he might have been a touch sharper when he got the chance to score. By that time, Pogba had been sussed out and wasn't causing any problems.

Just in from game and we gave everything. So frustrating to lose two goals like that. They looked dangerous from every set piece from the first one they got and we failed to deal with any of them really.

Lawless goal was brilliant and pretty much the whole team played great. Amoo was running amok down the right and looked absolutely shattered at the end.

Gutting not to come away with anything but with performances like that there is no reason we can't take anything from Saturday's game.

Got to get over the disappointment and focus on the positives from the game. And practice defending balls into our box!!

Loada shite. 12 referees on the park tonight so didn't stand a chance.

BTW 1st time in a couple of seasons I've been in the Aitken Suite. I'll probably wait another couple of seasons before I go back... 15 minutes to get served. Actually 15 minutes! 3 bar staff is not enough. Club is losing money by only having 3 staff on...

Ooooof! A right kick in the haw-maws that one. To be fair to Aberdeen, their cross balls had been excellent all game - so it's no real surprise that they scored a couple of goals from them. We really should have worked out some way to deal with them. And therein lies the difference between us and Aberdeen - good quality balls in from crosses and players on the end of them. Still, we played very well - Amoo looks like a new player and Gary Fraser should have got a couple (cf the difference) . Next season - less would have, could have, should have - more did.

Two dreadful minutes cost us three points. If we maintain that level of performance for the rest of the season we'll be okay but despite some brilliant work from Amoo all evening the quality of our final ball has to improve. Two good deliveries from Aberdeen won them the game we very rarely are scoring from a cross into the box.

Lots of positive from the overall performance but we blew it big time.

• Members
Keeping Doolan warming the bench for so long could also have been counter-productive. If he had been on a little longer, he might have been a touch sharper when he got the chance to score. By that time, Pogba had been sussed out and wasn't causing any problems.
Yeah was thinking at the time had he been on a little longer he might have stuck that away.

Being on the park for 40 seconds didn't do Doolan any harm vs St Johnstone, just a really poor miss. Pogba's header looked a bad miss too but up the other end of the pitch so don't know how far out it was.

Shouldn't have lost that, hopefully we get some good fortune on Saturday.

I really thought we would go on to win after a brilliant strike from Lawless. We were closing them down and looking the likelier to score but credit I suppose to Aberdeen to escape with the three points. They looked dangerous a few times down their left wing with Shinnie & Hayes but it was disappointing to lose two quick goals from failing to defend cross balls. I was at the City End of the JHS and too far away to see enough to apportion blame.

I have been underwhelmed with Amoo & Pogba but they both did well today. Amoo had the beating of their left back and Pogba had some excellent lay-offs...he lacks stamina though and isn't a goalscorer...thought he should have done better with the header. However, Doolan made a horrible mess of our best chance although it may have been his first touch. Fraser & Edwards had some good moments and Welsh had a decent game but we did miss Banzo.

The whole team showed real character and had a team challenging at the top of the League rattled. It was the most entertaining game at Firhill this season with a good Aberdeen turnout and great backing from the Thistle fans but disappointing numbers...why aren't they coming to Firhill?

An entertaining match. Both sides rode their luck at times. We battled well but need to be more clinical when on the break and in front of goal. Pogba should have got more power on his header and Doolan squandered a great chance. At this level we need to take these opportunities when they come. Having said that, I thought there were some decent performances throughout the team. Osman, Seabourne and Welsh stood out for me.

As others have said, if we play like that against lesser teams we'll take all three points.

the goal was a belter and I thought we were more than comfortable up till then, playing some good stuff.

Pogba misses a sitter. Brought little else to the party. How he gets a game ahead of Doolan is mind boggling. Poor player.

Seabourne culpable for the first goal and I can't really understand the hero worship some on here seem to have for him. Poor distribution yet again tonight and a reluctance to put in tackles coupled with poor positioning at times.

Piss poor organisation for second goal.

Amoo played some really good stuff and a well deserved MOTM.

And Welsh put in a good shift, as did Osman.

Gives me confidence for Saturday that we could actually get something, providing that there are changes at the front and back.

• Like 1

We gave it a real go 2nd half.

Problem is doolan and lawless are the only ones with an eye for goal.

I thought Pogba must have had a kick up the ass at ht because he was terrific for the next 25 minutes. We were getting players forward but as soon as the ball came in the box there was nobody with a cool head. Play 2 strikers vs Celtic and see how it goes. But we need Miller on defensive duties.

A very entertaining game so not too disappointed. And some great performances. Amoo has been looking better so perhaps he Can now kick on, though he was against a donkey.

And good to see Welshy having an influential game.

Pogba has started the last few games and given the last few have been in short succession surprised that he hasn't looked more tired wonder if there will be a few changes on Saturday to freshen things up.

Disappointed in macinnes antics have to say 1700 is a great sized away support got a midweek game

Gutted.... well played... well done.... old firm next .... intaerum!

:fan:

...One Team in Glasgow!!!

E.T.A. ... oh aye... forgot to say ... What a f**kin goal Stevie Lawless! .... sort him out on a decent contract tomorrow.

yeah would love to see stevie sign a new deal. How sickening is it going to be if he ends up going to that Tannadice mob

Have played worse and won. Good performance generally but goals were avoidable. Probably created more that we have recently and if Pogba's header had gone in then.....

Anything from Hearts, Aberdeen or Selek is a bonus and it's more important to get results against the bottom three in the following games.

Edited by Motherwell Jag

Come on now, Winter. You should know by now on this forum no one's ever too far away to apportion blame. You don't even need to be at the game to get the daggers out. :)

You're right...I blame that Jackie Campbell...he would have got his head to both these crosses if he hadn't been doing the half-time draw.

• Like 1

I was shocked wen Fraser went off. I thought osman wis gonnae come off fir Edwardsas he looked likely to get another card. Fraser along with Amoo were brilliant. Pogba should kill the game. He will never get a better chance than that. I thought he brought other player like Amoo into the game but we didn't have any other players in the box most times. But the header, he was unmarked, 8 yards oot, an hits the keeper. That wis it fir me. He's never a striker so if he's playin, ye need to play Doolan together. 2 scud an that would have been it. But even at that A goal up with 15 to go at home ye need to see oot. We didn't an that's why we are where we are. It was there fir us an we blew it, big time

• Like 2

That was a complete kick in the cream crackers but a bit of perspective is required. We have went from regular calls from some on here for the managers head (where are they now?) to really competing with the top teams in this league. Unluckily beaten by one goal against Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts in our last three games against them and a draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie is form that none of us could ever have dreamed of at the end of September. After Saturday, assuming we don't get into the top 6, we are more than capable boosting BBs fund raiser. Not going to linger on any negatives tonight. Great to see Gary Fraser back and giving us a bit more threat from midfield, Amoo was fantastic tonight and has been looking good for the last few weeks, Pogba gives us something different and looks a lot fitter, though I do feel sorry for Doolan sitting on the bench. We got caught by two minutes of madness and yes it was a defeat that was mega hard to take, but we have to take plenty of positives from that display. Interesting coming back up the road to hear McInnes on the radio say that we are a big powerful unit and that Firhill is one of the most difficult places in the league to come to now and that he expected us to be in the Top 6. Not sure about the last bit, but we are getting there. Final praise to the Dons fans.....what a fantastic turn out for a midweek game.

Edited by Lindau

It's the one-goal difference that's hard to stomach each time against the "bigger" teams. It seems to happen to us more than other teams, who in fact manage the odd draw or even win against them.

Onwards to Saturday....

Yeah it is Jagger, but take the positives, how many on here were predicting us getting relegated with the lowest points total ever, when we hadn't won a game by the end of September? If we had held on last night we would be 5th today.

• Like 1