Killie Game 02/04/16

Lindau

To accommodate Doolan and Pogba, I think you could go with a diamond, as long as Dumbuya's back to provide width...

Cerny

Dumbuya - Lindsay - Seaborne - Booth

Osman

Fraser - Edwards

Lawless

Pogba - Doolan

However:

A] Does Amoo deserve to be dropped?

B] Should we be arseing about with our system in a crucial game like this?

Probably not.

As others have said, it's a tough call deciding who to start between Dools and Pogba.

I thought Pogba was Man of the Match at Hamilton but as already pointed out, Doolan's record against Killie is impressive.

As harsh as it would be on Pogba, I think I'd start Dools. He knows exactly how to play Balatoni whereas Pogba might be too keen to go up against the other centre half, be it Ashcroft or Connolly who are more imposing physically.

Elsewhere, Archie has shown that once a guy gets a jersey, it's up to him to keep it; he won't just pull him out the team for the sake of it. On that basis, Edwards will start after an impressive showing at Hamilton and will hopefully offer the same energy in the "number 10" role.

I think Miller performed admirably at centre-half and on performance alone, also deserves to stay in the team; however, I think Lindsay comes back in, if fit. We have a habit of making Magennis look like Ronaldo so be it Miller or Lindsay, here's hoping we don't do that on Saturday.

Aye but even the players the signed at the start of the season must be on a good wage, Boyd, Smith, McCulloch, Higgy, Balatoni etc, sacked the manager, Clark will be on decent coin too. They might well all leave the club but it looks to me like they havent cut there cloth this season, relegation could be a disaster fir them

I hope Archie doesn't tinker with the team too much on Saturday. We have almost a full squad all fit and ready to go therefore let's not worry too much about Killie, let them worry about us.

Too often we have chopped and changed the team to counter the opposition, we are at home and have a better attacking threat ( Dools, Pogba, Lawless, Amoo and Nesbitt) than we have had for some time, therefore we should be sticking with the majority of the team v Hamilton, with only the bare minimal changes.

If we win on Sat it will go a huge way to securing top flight football next season and will give us a decent chance of top 6.

So let's take the game to Killie get them on the back foot and set us up nicely for the next 2 games.

• Like 3

I have no doubt the media will be saying how big a game this is for Kilmarnock.But imo it is also a very big game for us. Win it we can look up and put pressure on the other teams looking at top 6.Lose it and we are looking over our shoulders.Lets hope we get a good home crowd and a good home victory.

This game and the one on Tuesday are huge games for our club. Like the Morton game, victory will leave us on the brink of moving up into a higher league. Like the Morton game, we can make a difference. Let's get out in big numbers for these.

The crowd for the 2-2 game early in the season was 3,600 - if we don't get more than that I will be disappointed (please don't disappoint me).

That is the kind of story that should be in our press instead of the mind numbing ramblings about Sevco and Warbs War Chest. Hope both Archies have plenty to celebrate this Saturday. Maybe they can get the young chap to do the Half Time draw so that he can get a nice round of applause

• Like 1

I have no doubt the media will be saying how big a game this is for Kilmarnock.But imo it is also a very big game for us. Win it we can look up and put pressure on the other teams looking at top 6.Lose it and we are looking over our shoulders.Lets hope we get a good home crowd and a good home victory.

Agree entirely these two games will prove just how much Thistle have developed. Hopefully it will be positive.