Steven Lawless

JesusTejero

Other teams don't have players like lawless.

An attacking midfielder or winger who has the ability to change a game in one move?

Celtic: Roberts, Commons, Forrest, Mackay Steven, Armstrong.

Aberdeen: McGinn, McLean, Hayes,

Hearts: Nicholson.

Motherwell: Ainsworth, Johnson,

Ross County: de Vita.

Dundee: Harkins, McGowan.

Inverness: Vigurs

Hamilton: Imrie, Longridge.

Kilnarnock: Higgy, Magennis.

Dundee United: Erskine, Spittal.

That leaves Murray Davidson at St Johnstone. Not sure if he fits the bill?

Edited by potty trained

An attacking midfielder or winger who has the ability to change a game in one move?

Celtic: Roberts, Commons, Forrest, Mackay Steven, Armstrong.

Aberdeen: McGinn, McLean, Hayes,

Hearts: Nicholson.

Motherwell: Ainsworth, Johnson,

Ross County: de Vita.

Dundee: Harkins, McGowan.

Inverness: Vigurs

Hamilton: Imrie, Longridge.

Kilnarnock: Higgy, Magennis.

Dundee United: Erskine, Spittal.

That leaves Murray Davidson at St Johnstone. Not sure if he fits the bill?

Yeah .... and fans who sing "... we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen..." .... don't have a leg to stand on.

If Stevie surprises us all by scoring one of his very rare goals in the run in, polite applause will be acceptable, but anyone caught singing "one stevie lawless, there's only one stevie lawless" is factually a liar and a suspect closet H*n.

:sad1:

• Like 1

His tweet comes across as a conflict of interest. Of course if he had been a player for Sevco and had tweeted support for Thistle, I doubt that support would have been very welcoming of it. Enough cuddly toy submission to the Old Firm. Many of us have to follow quite stringent social media policies at work so I don't see why footballers can't adhere to one

• Like 5

His tweet comes across as a conflict of interest. Of course if he had been a player for Sevco and had tweeted support for Thistle, I doubt that support would have been very welcoming of it. Enough cuddly toy submission to the Old Firm. Many of us have to follow quite stringent social media policies at work so I don't see why footballers can't adhere to one

id say the st Mirren players eere more conflicts of interest. They are in the same division and still to play them.

If stevie is with us next season and I hope he is and starts tweeting about them then then I can see it more as a conflict but until that happens or if it happens then I personally don't think it's a massive deal

id say the st Mirren players eere more conflicts of interest. They are in the same division and still to play them.

If stevie is with us next season and I hope he is and starts tweeting about them then then I can see it more as a conflict but until that happens or if it happens then I personally don't think it's a massive deal

Steven Lawless has been irresponsible.

He's with Patrick Thistle this season and he's tweeted about Sevco this weekend. That's incontrovertible.

In my opinion, who he chooses to support when off-duty is up to him, but the moment he is prepared to do so on social media, and particularly in the manner in which he has chosen to in this case, he leaves himself open to scrutiny by any reader on social media and beyond (e.g. this forum).

If he's prepared to make these statements on a public forum, then he's prepared to take the consequences of doing so.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 1

Steve wants a two year contract!!

http://www.thescotti...at-Partick.html

It's the painstaking attention to detail that without doubt separates the Scottish Sun from all other journals. "Wee Jeanie used to make my toast just as I liked it — slightly browned with some butter on it. Sometimes I preferred jam but it was usually butter I’d go for." A truly penetrating insight into the life and times of Wee Stevie. Very resourceful journalism getting the lad to open up like that.

• Like 1

It's the painstaking attention to detail that without doubt separates the Scottish Sun from all other journals. "Wee Jeanie used to make my toast just as I liked it — slightly browned with some butter on it. Sometimes I preferred jam but it was usually butter I’d go for." A truly penetrating insight into the life and times of Wee Stevie. Very resourceful journalism getting the lad to open up like that.

It's the sort of detail that makes the article stand out from ordinary sports journalism. Without it, it might look like Steven is just putting himself in the shop window...

Scottish red top rag publishes an article about a first team regular in the top flight and the old firm don't even get a mention?!?!?!?

:shocked:

Just as well we have this type of social media, open to scrutiny by any reader with internet access but unable to access Stevie's personal twitter account, and fans with standards and beliefs that indeed we must spread the word if a player reveals himself to be an old firm fan and talk more about that than anything he contributes to our club.

Steven Lawless has been irresponsible.

He's with Patrick Thistle this season and he's tweeted about Sevco this weekend. That's incontrovertible.

In my opinion, who he chooses to support when off-duty is up to him, but the moment he is prepared to do so on social media, and particularly in the manner in which he has chosen to in this case, he leaves himself open to scrutiny by any reader on social media and beyond (e.g. this forum).

If he's prepared to make these statements on a public forum, then he's prepared to take the consequences of doing so.

In being irresponsible, then it follows one most likely is unprepared for the consequences.

The consequences of his actions cannot be avoided. It is what those consequences might amount to which has generally being discussed, quite fairly, openly, and as far as I'm aware without censure here.

The unavoidable consequences of simply being an old firm supporter and a professional footballer plying their trade and living in Scotland might arguably include increasing the possibility that some random nugget might stab you in the boz when you least expect and losing favour with large sections of supporters of the team who pays you. One who might be prone to express his allegiance in a crude or ill-considered manner, in whatever public form probably puts himself at even greater risk.

Some posters on this thread, appear to favour additional authoritarian, puritanical and punitive measures from our club who, as his employer, could enact in order to influence the resolution of this matter. The unavoidable consequences of enacting such measures by the club i.e. losing a players dedication, motivation or ultimately his labour altogether, have been variously dismissed as insignificant or a necessary loss.

Punishment for a guy that may not have given much consideration to his statements, and perhaps considered his actions as maybe pushing the limits but not overstepping the line, is unhelpful, unnecessary and arguably cruel and self destructive.

What is unarguable is that in continuing to debate the issue in public we keep it alive, prolong and broaden the scope for further potential, unwanted consequences outwith our control that we all might not actually be prepared for.

I'm just hoping the guy that wrote that sun article does read this forum and is laughing at us all and thinking "what a non-story..... bunch of fan-eeez :lol: ".

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Yeah ... I had more admiration for the h*ns that burned their season tickets when MoJo signed for them than the lightweights who cheered when he scored a goal. ..... "No submission?" .... catchy .... reminds me of sumthin..... :thinking: .... no ..... no .... no somethin.... ? ... come on my peepell help me out here?

:no:

It's the sort of detail that makes the article stand out from ordinary sports journalism. Without it, it might look like Steven is just putting himself in the shop window...

It's more like the jags fans have put him in the shop window. If he hadn't won player of the month, there wouldn't have been an newspaper article.

Is it just me that laughed out loud reading this section of that article:

“On my first morning after joining, I remember asking Chris Erskine where to go for breakfast? He said, ‘What are you talking about?’

“At Motherwell there was a wee tea woman called Jeanie. We’d go in, do our jobs then go in for a wee cuppa tea and toast.

“Wee Jeanie used to make my toast just as I liked it — slightly browned with some butter on it.

“Sometimes I preferred jam but it was usually butter I’d go for. She knew that.

“So I asked Chris again where you got breakfast. He looked at me and replied, ‘In the house’.

“I said ‘Oh right, I’ll remember that tomorrow then!’ I had to go out and buy a toaster after training.

• Like 1