Management Team Sign New Deal

Rid Skwerr

I'm not sure about this.

Even if we go down I would not be for sacking him because I would trust him to get us back up. Or at least not slip down through the leagues.

I think Archie is a good man manager and the players I am sure like him. A trustworthy guy who is not too excitable. A 2 year deal perhaps.

But the football is turgid and that's why the crowds are down. I hope he can develop a more attractive style of play in these 3 years. And still keep us up!

Only thing that worries me is that if he see's out the full contract, that will be nearly 7 years in charge at the club. Sometimes staleness can creep in with the same guy in charge. Still I am happy and will be more happy when we ensure top league football next season. I think we will see a different team, attack wise, next season. We got off to a horrific start this season and he really had to ensure the back door was locked to try and get points on board. He did that, but it certainly compromised the attacking edge to our game

Edited by Lindau

Only thing that worries me is that if he see's out the full contract, that will be nearly 7 years in charge at the club. Sometimes staleness can creep in with the same guy in charge. Still I am happy and will be more happy when we ensure top league football next season. I think we will see a different team, attack wise, next season. We got off to a horrific start this season and he really had to ensure the back door was locked to try and get points on board. He did that, but it certainly compromised the attacking edge to our game

yip...because Alex Ferguson's 29 years proves you dont want to keep a manager too long

• Like 1

yip...because Alex Ferguson's 29 years proves you dont want to keep a manager too long

Or Wenger's stint at Arsenal?

Start giving me some names in Scotland that in recent years have stayed 7 years in the same job. Walter Smith springs to mind, but not many others! It is very rare nowadays that any manager stays at a club for more than 3/4 years. The very fact that Archie,at this moment in time, is the longest serving manager in the top league, maybe even in Scotland (can't be arsed checking) speaks volumes.

Sometimes a manager can only take a club so far and no complaints about Archie in this regard.

The question is whether he can further develop the team and his own management skills further which Ferguson clearly achieved. With Thistle's relatively meagre resources this is not an easy task. We don't have a sugar daddy like Ross County who will pump money in to the club in January if we are near the foot of the table.

As a previous poster advised, we should be careful what we wish for. Remember Lamont, Johnstone,Cormack,McVeigh, Campbell et al. All awful managers. Although I always wanted Jim Duffy. I digress.

From this perspective a 7 year stint will certainly test Archie's management skills. Can we progress any further? And I would be delighted if we don't need another manager before the 3 years are up.

Sometimes a manager can only take a club so far and no complaints about Archie in this regard.

The question is whether he can further develop the team and his own management skills further which Ferguson clearly achieved. With Thistle's relatively meagre resources this is not an easy task. We don't have a sugar daddy like Ross County who will pump money in to the club in January if we are near the foot of the table.

As a previous poster advised, we should be careful what we wish for. Remember Lamont, Johnstone,Cormack,McVeigh, Campbell et al. All awful managers. Although I always wanted Jim Duffy. I digress.

From this perspective a 7 year stint will certainly test Archie's management skills. Can we progress any further? And I would be delighted if we don't need another manager before the 3 years are up.

It's effectively only a 2 year extension to contract. Once into the third year any severance becomes less on a diminishing basis than it ever was this season.

I have no real idea who does what at the club, but from the outside it would seem like we could do with some kind of attack minded coach, maybe with a focus on set pieces. Mark Roberts has been mentioned previously by some. Not sure if Junior Mendes does anything on this front

• Like 1

Start giving me some names in Scotland that in recent years have stayed 7 years in the same job. Walter Smith springs to mind, but not many others! It is very rare nowadays that any manager stays at a club for more than 3/4 years. The very fact that Archie,at this moment in time, is the longest serving manager in the top league, maybe even in Scotland (can't be arsed checking) speaks volumes.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Scottish football is such poor fare.

• Like 1