Ross County 22/10/16

Auld Jag

Welsh must have taken 2 or 3 hundred corners. The opposition has scored from more than we have. I don't know what they do at training but I would have a morning session to determine who is the top set piece man. And a wee prize at the end.

I think Welshy has been playing better recently but he shouldn't be allowed Anywhere near set pieces.

The 2nd item at training would be how to convert good football into gilt edged chances. Again, the rarely seen Jaggernaut's brother identifies a long standing problem. to resolve this at training I would make the strikers, attacking mids and overlappers to get into the box, run off the ball and expect a pass. Not too revolutionary. If we could convert pressure into goals we wouldn't need to worry about Gordon's abysmal efforts at defending. I've seen the under 20,s a few times and they are better at delivering and creating space. Docherty should be given a chance as this is his forte.

I assume jaggernaut's brother is an occasional visitor but he appears astute without having the bias of a long term fan.

Music to my ears hearing someone compared to the great Hansen.

He and Shaggy are my 2 favourite defenders of all time.

Missed yesterday but I have enjoyed Barton so far. To win over the fans he would be better appearing not quite so languid though.

Not sure about the formation, but I had a good laugh at the idea of a central midfield of Amoo, Edwards and Lawless. Or, if your intention was for Amoo and Lawless to play wide, a central midfield of Edwards. Either way, Ryan is going to be busy.

Im not even going to waste my time explaining it because you clearly dont have the faintest idea about football.

What was the thoughts on the refs decision when azeez was breaking towards the county goal and the player tripped him up with no intention for the ball? From my position in the north I thought straight red. Last week a similar incident with xhaka for Arsenal when he took the player out without an attempt for the ball when Swansea were breaking and he was issued with a red card.

For the second week we've had a shocking refereeing performance, which has had an effect on the result. 2 penalties not given. On that specific incident i thought it was a cynical tackle that merited a red.

But for the second week, theres some folk would rather focus their ire at the club, than where it merits being directed.

Think the bile spoken on this forum about yesterday's game is way OTT.

Dumbaya, Bannigan, Cerny, Lawless, Erskine all missing, 5 certain starters in our team and people on this forum who clearly don't go to every game spouting absolute crap about performances need to have a lock at themselves.

Dundee without Hemmings, Stewart and Harkins are understandably struggling as you would expect, however idiots on this forum don't apply the same logic to us....The difference between us and Dundee is that our players will be back

Get a grip

• Like 5

Dumbaya, Bannigan, Cerny, Lawless, Erskine all missing, 5 certain starters in our team and people on this forum who clearly don't go to every game spouting absolute crap about performances need to have a lock at themselves.

Dundee without Hemmings, Stewart and Harkins are understandably struggling as you would expect, however idiots on this forum don't apply the same logic to us....The difference between us and Dundee is that our players will be back

Get a grip

Spot on. Add Fraser to that, for 6.

Get a grip

Spot on Vinny. The usual names, with the usual gripes posting within 5 minutes of the game finishing. Beyond caring about them now. We are going through a tough time, but so are a few other clubs. Do what is says on the label...if you call yourself a supporter, support the team. Interesting to see a few "ITK" Dundee fans on P&B saying Hartley will be sacked if they don't beat us on Wednesday. They are already quoting Duffy and Hughes as possible successors.

Edited by Lindau

I have now got my head around the fact that we are not going to be 'top six'. That was hard to say, because I truly believed that that was our direction of travel.

Injuries, goodness knows, long term injuries, have ruined that dream.

And that if our manager just keeps us up, it will be because other folk have stood up to the plate.

Will it be enough?

I hope so.

Edited by douglas clark

We are a club team. We have players that will give everything that they have for the club. The injury level might point to that?

Ryan Scully has been a boy grown into a man, with this club. Frankly he has been player of the month and more.

Often.

That is not to take away from other players that have stood up to the plate.

Edited by douglas clark

PT, im glad you can understand the glasgow slang, the last time i done it some clown thought it was foreign just because they clearly must have been a big fancy dan from Milngavie.

The players explain it all, your ignorance proves two things, youve either not got a clue or your head is buried up archies erse. In my opinion that is our strongest team. Maybe osman as well wen hes on form. Obviously now that will change again with even more injuries to the team. The emphasis needs to be attack. We know what happens when we sit back.

What was the thoughts on the refs decision when azeez was breaking towards the county goal and the player tripped him up with no intention for the ball? From my position in the north I thought straight red. Last week a similar incident with xhaka for Arsenal when he took the player out without an attempt for the ball when Swansea were breaking and he was issued with a red card.

I'm working away from home, so only heard the last 30 mins on commentary.

Michael Max reckoned there was a man covering, so a yellow was correct decision. He also couldn't believe Gordon backing off at the equaliser

PT, im glad you can understand the glasgow slang, the last time i done it some clown thought it was foreign just because they clearly must have been a big fancy dan from Milngavie.

The players explain it all, your ignorance proves two things, youve either not got a clue or your head is buried up archies erse. In my opinion that is our strongest team. Maybe osman as well wen hes on form. Obviously now that will change again with even more injuries to the team. The emphasis needs to be attack. We know what happens when we sit back.

Why is your posting style so aggresive, towards your fellow forum users?

Whilst it is disappointing to be second bottom at this point it does not mean that top six is out of reach and we should remember that the 4 games we have lost in the league were against the teams currently sitting in 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th place. We have not lost against the other teams we have played and our frustration is that we have been in winning positions against the other teams and have only seen it out against Inverness.

Injuries and individual mistakes have played a large part in our current position, in my opinion, but for those wishing for a change in manager all I would say is be careful what you wish for. Examples of clubs who have changed manager and improved do exist but there a lot more examples of clubs doing this and going in to a downward spiral. Sir Alex Ferguson, someone who knows a thing or two about management, has always said that the clubs who do well are the ones who have stability.

If we stick together we can still make this a good season but there has to be unity of purpose - the board and the players are behind the manager so lets make sure we are to.

• Like 2

Whilst it is disappointing to be second bottom at this point it does not mean that top six is out of reach and we should remember that the 4 games we have lost in the league were against the teams currently sitting in 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th place. We have not lost against the other teams we have played and our frustration is that we have been in winning positions against the other teams and have only seen it out against Inverness.

If we can't beat the likes of Hamilton and Ross county (who hadn't scored in 4 games) at home then we do not deserve to be top 6. Our defence is leaking goals for fun and we have strikers that can't score. I don't know how someone can watch the team and believe that this team is top 6 material.

Our defence is leaking goals for fun

Yip, we have still to play Celtic, but as it stands today, after Sevco in 5th place downwards, no team has conceded fewer goals than Thistle. We are not leaking goals for fun, we are getting punished for individual errors from players that should know better and not doing the job they are paid to do. On the defensive side and something that hasn't really been mentioned from Saturday's game, I thought Danny Devine looked a totally different player with Barton beside him. Let's hope that continues.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

If we can't beat the likes of Hamilton and Ross county (who hadn't scored in 4 games) at home then we do not deserve to be top 6. Our defence is leaking goals for fun and we have strikers that can't score. I don't know how someone can watch the team and believe that this team is top 6 material.

Leaking goals for fun and not scoring yet currently we're only 3 or 4 pts off the top 6. Only playing the Devil's Dick Advocaat as I find all this top six/bottom six split thingy a bit contrived. We were only a single goal away from this supposed nirvana last season. Indeed if we hadn't shipped just two late goals recently we'd be in 6th position.

Whilst we may not be quite as efficient as we were during the second part of last season we do have a fair injury list. Without checking I think we're much the same as this time last season in terms of points and position. I don't see anything ridiculous in having aspirations to be in the top half post split. We agree what we have to do and what we have to cease doing. Ending up in 6th position should neither be seen as unrealistic nor viewed as some incredible achievement.

• Like 1

I thought the team actually looked pretty solid for most of the match. Barton was a revelation at the back, clear man of the match for me. The RB slot is now Christie's to lose, and it should only be Dumbuya challenging him for it from now on. Edwards was great again but really seems to fade out towards the end of matches. Should have been hooked for Wilson. Devine better this week but still not great for me. Scully in goal actually rescued a point for us, he really seems to have matured a lot over the summer.

For me you just can't ignore the performance of the ref. The county number 15 should have had a 2nd booking for the incident that led to Liam's injury. He had absolutely no intention of trying to win the ball in the air, his only interest was to cause Scully to drop the ball and knock Liam off balance. Then there's the foul on Azeez, again it's a red card but the ref bottled it. These are only a few of the countless decision he got wrong.

The goal for me was down to Booth and Gordon. Booth is beaten far too easily to start with and then Gordon basically shows the boy a clear route to goal and may as well have stuck the ball in the net for him as well.

We are in trouble, there's no doubt about that. And with the fixtures as they are, it's difficult to see where a win is coming from before the end of the calendar year. I guess we just have to hope that the team does find a win or 2 from somewhere during this time.

• Like 1

Anyone else think the ref had a "game of two halves"? In the first half he appeared to exercise his authority even being a wee bit over pernickety. In the second he was the complete opposite. His recent record may go some way to explain his behaviour. After a collumesque series of sending offs during last season he's gone on a bit of a red card sabbatical. Has no problem flashing yellows with glee. Not saying that either Curran or Davies should necessarily have been sent off more meaning as the game went on he got more lenient.

It says a lot about some of the folk on here, with 6 first team players injured, who would either be straight into the starting 11, or providing the current 11 with stiffer competition for places, that they are lambasting our "reserves" for keeping us in the mix for top 6.

Rather than support our squad players for stepping up to the mark,keeping us in touch and not isolated at the bottom, they would rather hide behind their user names, trolling a fans forum, for kicks. As long as they keep doing it, their opinion is an irrelevance.