Dundee 26/10/16

Lindau

Barton - superb.

Lindsay - solid (get him signed up - could make us a fortune in a year or two)

Edwards - very good again.

Welsh - good

Osman - best he's been this season I think

Azeez - good

Doolan - good

BUT...

Take a bow Christie Elliot - amazing energy and way more useful to the team than Gordon. Can't see him losing his place unless he picks up an injury, great attitude.

I'd agree with those ratings.

About fecking time!!! A very welcome 3 points and 2 games unbeaten utilising a different formation.

On that subject, Where is a certain poster who told us all how 4231 was the best way to go and nothing else would work and how we knew nothing about football by suggesting we needed to change it?

• Like 2

I won Dools top at start of season got it I think after the queens game and I don't think he's scored since

I feel a bit responsible so top getting a prayer tonight for a Dools goal or two failing that seriously thinking of posting it back to break the hoodoo everything crossed for tonight mon thistle we need a win

How's the top looking now? :)

Looking good happy I don't have to post it back much relief we got a welcome win chuffed for Elliott not always been appreciated by the fans but always gives his all for the team

I think Gordon might have got the shake up he needed and fair play to Archie for realising we needed a change at the back a good result long overdue against the dees

man, I've heard it all now, BBC sport sound saying how good Dools is.

Even Willie Miller is talking about how good Ade is.

Yip, maybe the "contributors" that said Ade should be freed after a couple of games will have a rethink!!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Great win this evening, and it was a lovely evening for football. Thought the whole team played very well, and was happy to see Devine playing further right and allowing Barton to command the centre.

Not to put a damper on a great evening, but this is only our second win in ten. Too often in these situations have I seen the "who says Archie should go now!?" or "who says Azeez should be dropped now" posts appear, only for us to lose just a few days later, and the cycle continues. Hopefully this gives us confidence, and we can get another 3pts on Saturday and start to build. Unfortunately a lot of the teams around us over the past few days have decided to also grab victories.

Tactics were spot on tonight, and those two attackers tore the Dundee defence open time again. Hope Archie sticks with it, although forced changes with injuries may be necessary.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 2

I wonder why "The legend blows" and "the cup" havent posted their joy at this victory.

Evening Gingerjag. Delighted with the result tonight but as others have mentioned, I won't be getting to excited just yet. Beat St J's, take something off Aberdeen and string together half a dozen unbeaten then my preseason optimism may yet return. Nobody looks unbeatable in this league bar Celtic. Just that we are continually handing out free gifts to teams as bad as ourselves on a weekly basis.

Osman's cross for the first goal was a thing of beauty. Thank God Archie didn't make three tactical substitutions tonight but even then we may well have hung on. I was critical of the Azeez/Doolan partnership on Saturday but tonight they played much more like a unit. Thought we saw out the game very well tonight but of course we had an extra goal insurance. Still need to get more clinical in front of goal.

Hope Christie is still with us for another four seasons at least. Someone that really will deserve a testimonial. Like Dools does everything the manager asks of him and gives his all.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Not knowing the score, I started reading this thread from kick-off time. Delight, worry, delight, worry, then panic.....then joy!

Well done Jags, and to all the R&Y army guys who went along to support the team. Not many breaks in terms of other teams' results, but keep playing as well as it sounds as if we played, then we have nothing to fear.

Osman's cross for the first goal was a thing of beauty. Thank God Archie didn't make three tactical substitutions tonight but even then we may well have hung on. I was critical of the Azeez/Doolan partnership on Saturday but tonight they played much more like a unit. Thought we saw out the game very well tonight but of course we had an extra goal insurance. Still need to get more clinical in front of goal.

Hope Christie is still with us for another four seasons at least. Someone that really will deserve a testimonial. Like Dools does everything the manager asks of him and gives his all.

Well said!