Accies 03/12/16

Lindau

This is a deffo no lose game, probably even a must win game, given our three following fixtures.Have no idea how we will line up in this one given the different formations we have used over the last few weeks. Just hope the support turns out in big figures like we usually do through there. If we win this, it gives us a bit of breathing space. If we lose, I will probably be steering clear of this forum for a few days. Will plump for a nervous 2-1 victory for the jags!

I hope we get the same result as we did about this time last year down at rugby park. I don't think our defence could handle a nervous 2-1 at the moment. Lawless might get the nod for this one I think. We really do need to go for it and keep going for it if we go ahead. Massive game and the players need to take responsibility and produce a performance like we did up at dens park.

Lawless has looked OK when he's come on in the last two games but he's had less game time than Erskine, who I guess really needed game time. Maybe it'll just come down to the fitter of the two who plays.

Don't know whether we'll return to 3 at the back. That could depend on whether Archie sees Gordon as a good enough right centreback. I think Archie will want to play Ziggy against his old club and besides he played well v sevco. Devine can't really have any complaints if he stays on the bench awhile.

• Like 2

This is not going to be an easy game at all. I think Accies have only lost once at home this season so while winning is a must I have strong doubts we will. Having said that, Dundee were bottom when they beat them so here's hoping since we are bottom...

I think as usual Crawford will be the player to look out for, if we can keep him quiet for the game, that would be decent.

Same team as last week but Cerny to start.

Cerny didn't play yesterday at Airdrie, which I find a bit worrying, tho' it could be down to the surface. I'd have thought he would've got another 45 minutes. Goalies tho' are a different breed and don't seem to require same amount of match time to regain sharpness. It could be tho' he won't be risked on artificial surfaces. Iirc he was fit to play against Stenny in August but wasn't risked but played at Firhill a few days later. So my guess is the Big Fella will still be in goal.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Looking at the fixtures and if we can get a win then it is quite possible we could jump from 12th to 6th with a set of not unreasonable results:

Motherwell not beating Celtic

Killie and Dundee drawing

Hearts not losing to Ross County

St Johnstone not losing to Inverness

Rangers v Aberdeen does not matter

• Like 1

Looking at the fixtures and if we can get a win then it is quite possible we could jump from 12th to 6th with a set of not unreasonable results:

Motherwell not beating Celtic

Killie and Dundee drawing

Hearts not losing to Ross County

St Johnstone not losing to Inverness

Rangers v Aberdeen does not matter

1st condition fulfilled. Motherwell lose a last minute goal.

Tomas Cerny

Callum Booth

Sean Welsh

Liam Lindsay

Abdul Osman

Kris Doolan

Adam Barton

Christie Elliott

Ade Azeez

Ryan Edwards

Ziggy Gordon

----------------------------------------