New Players...

Vinnyjag

Would defo take McDonald. Absolutely hate him when he plays against us but would love him to play for us!

The work he does with the ball and the way he wins free kicks is just what we need. He usually refs the game most of the time and seems to bully the refs into giving everything his way. Again I would love him to do that for us because we just seem so soft as a team.

Would take McDonald and either of storey or o'halleron but I think it would be a lot to ask to bring 2 of them in.

McDonald would be a good signing, for his experience alone, but also for his tenacity he never gives up , is an annoying we shite and gets a larger than normal amount of 50/50 decisions. I think we are a bit too nice as a team and could do with someone like McDonald in our team.

Storey would a pretty good signing, imo. Didn't get a lot of game time at Aberdeen last year but still managed a goal against us. The season before he got eleven goals and four assists for ICT in 30 games, where started all but one of those matches. Interestingly he has the same management representation as Doolan, Edwards, Booth and Devine.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/miles-storey/leistungsdaten/spieler/186531/plus/1?saison=2016

I think we will see him at Firhill once Aberdeen make another signing or two.

McDonald would add something else and bring a wealth of experience. One of the players opposition fans love to hate and has done us over a few times. He would command a hefty wage and seems to be out with our policy of signing younger players with something to prove. I don't see him coming due to these factors but you never know in this game.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-mcdonald/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/13799

Edited by jagfox

McDonald would be a good signing and an actual goal threat, compared to the 2 dud donkeys we've had up front the last two seasons partnering Doolan. McDonald knows the way to goal, he knows how to wind up defenders and he can motivate the rest of the team. We've got a few quid in the bank - let's push the boat out a bit to get a decent player. Goals win games, and we badly need someone else who can score some.

Edited by Big Col
  • Like 1

We need two forwards. I'd happily take McDonald and one other.

Likewise but the "one other" would have to be really pacy. So while I agree about McDonald I just feel the priority has to be redressing the lack of pace upfront. Once that's done then someone like McDonald on a short contract would be a welcome addition.

If McDonald can score more goals than Azeez, Eccleston, Baird, Mukendi, and Pogba, I'd be happy. Love big Archibald, but other than Lyle Taylor, the guy hasn't got a scooby about what a good striker looks like.

If that collective is the standard then he needs to score nine goals - that's not impossible.

I don't doubt his quality.

But he is an excuse for a sportsman. Sorry we need better individuals than him at Firhill. He would be a disruptive influence on a happy camp.

There is little difference in ability in 9 of the teams in the league. We need to be 1 step ahead in team spirit and work rate.

I don't doubt his quality.

But he is an excuse for a sportsman. Sorry we need better individuals than him at Firhill. He would be a disruptive influence on a happy camp.

There is little difference in ability in 9 of the teams in the league. We need to be 1 step ahead in team spirit and work rate.

Have to pick you up on this statement - what is the basis for it?

• Like 2

That many? I thought about 6 or 7

3 x Pogba

3 x Azeez

2 x Ecclestone

Mind you, if only league goals are valid, then the standard is five.

Actually, we were talking about this in the pub the other night - Azeez and Pogba both scored v Stenhousemuir in the League Cup last season. That has to be a collectors' item, TJR?

Edited by Barney Rubble

What ever happened to piccolo? Did he return to mexico to become a bricky? We've had our fair share of stoaters thats for sure

Piccolo I believe now works for a sports company, and does some fitness modelling. I think Gabby was actually a technically good footballer, and easily one of the strongest and fittest footballers I have seen at Firhill. Unfortunate I don't think it suited the Scottish game, and I think being a CM would have worked better for him.

Piccolo I believe now works for a sports company, and does some fitness modelling. I think Gabby was actually a technically good footballer, and easily one of the strongest and fittest footballers I have seen at Firhill. Unfortunate I don't think it suited the Scottish game, and I think being a CM would have worked better for him.

A real pity that he was an absolutely appalling defender. His performance in the 5-1 v Motherwell is probably the worst individual display by any Thistle player since we came back up. Genuinely horrific.

Would tend to agree.

Considering the giant leap he had to make in becoming a Scottish Premiership player, he really would have benefitted from going out on loan.

Unfortunately at that time we were pretty shit defensively and he was thrown in at the deep end.

Regards the Motherwell game it's very unfair to heap the blame solely on him. Collectively the defence was a shambles that day and none of them should escape criticism.

Would tend to agree.

Considering the giant leap he had to make in becoming a Scottish Premiership player, he really would have benefitted from going out on loan.

Unfortunately at that time we were pretty shit defensively and he was thrown in at the deep end.

Regards the Motherwell game it's very unfair to heap the blame solely on him. Collectively the defence was a shambles that day and none of them should escape criticism.

Just to be clear, I don't think he was entirely to blame for that performance, and certainly I remember times when he looked like there was definitely a player in there, but for the most part he was out of his depth. A loan may well have helped him, but it wasn't to be. He appears to be some kind of minor celebrity in Mexico these days anyway, so I'm sure he's fine with how everything turned out.

A real pity that he was an absolutely appalling defender. His performance in the 5-1 v Motherwell is probably the worst individual display by any Thistle player since we came back up. Genuinely horrific.

A lot of truth in what Y & R says. He certainly looked the part and fitness was never in question. It was tho' a centreback we needed and whether he'd have been fine in defensive mid is neither here nor there. His performance against 'Well was indeed atrocious. Did see him play a good game once (away to Hibs maybe). Think it was other defenders that ****** up that day :)