League Cup Draw St Johnstone Away

Third Lanark

Scunnered. Absolutely scunnered. A midweek tie in a soul-less stadium against a boring team we'll already play at least 3 times this season. Probably 4 actually, when the Scottish Cup is included. If only we had performed better against Livingston, we'd have had a chance of avoiding such tedium.

Good to see the OF both got home ties......

• Like 1

We are a Premiership team. In the last sixteen of a cup competition it's quite likely that we'll play another Premiership team. Yes, it's tedious playing teams time and time again but that's the fault of the stupid league. Winnable.

Agree entirely. It's not been a kind run on away days Livingston, Airdrie and now this.

Bearing in mind that it is questionable that we deserve to still be in the competition it is possibly fair that we are sent to the most soul destroying venue, will receive minimal income and will probably be eliminated (on penalties!!).

I'd go for Livingston as the most soul destroying away venue.

This begs the question, could we actually have been drawn against Livingston in the last 16??

I see the game is due to be played on the 8/9 August - (presumably the 8th as we are at home to Glasgow C. on Friday 11th - I think).

Meant to add - perhaps team selection will be based on which is the winnable game and which is the sacrificial humping.

Edited by JeanieD

Yes (see Dundee derby part II)

Is there another country in the world where you could sit through a match waiting for the next round draw, and the exact same tie gets drawn out again? They're not even in the same division and they'll have played each other twice at the same venue in the opening weeks of the season.

Bearing in mind that it is questionable that we deserve to still be in the competition it is possibly fair that we are sent to the most soul destroying venue, will receive minimal income and will probably be eliminated (on penalties!!).

I understand you are talking about performances, but we are unbeaten in 90mins and accumulated 10 points. Let's also not forget that we had 3 full time teams of which 2 are in the championship

Although I may be wrong none of the premiership teams that had 2 championship teams finished top of their group

Is there another country in the world where you could sit through a match waiting for the next round draw, and the exact same tie gets drawn out again? They're not even in the same division and they'll have played each other twice at the same venue in the opening weeks of the season.

Pretty sure they won't be complaining - over 10,000 at the game today

what's questionable about it? We got enough points to qualify so of course we deserve to still be in it