Caldwell

Jagsman

26 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

The name you are both searching for is Berio who was head of the KGB under Stalin.  He had the manager of the non-KGB side in Moscow  (Spartak?) who kept beating the KGB side (Dynamo?) arrested for playing "bourgeois football."    Those were the days.

Brilliant stuff!

52 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

The name you are both searching for is Berio who was head of the KGB under Stalin.  He had the manager of the non-KGB side in Moscow  (Spartak?) who kept beating the KGB side (Dynamo?) arrested for playing "bourgeois football."    Those were the days.

Another slight correction- he had the non KGB manager arrested because Beria accused him of being involved in a plot to assassinate Stalin (a fabrication of course)

4 hours ago, Vinnyjag said:

From Euan Robertson (reporter) on Twitter today 

Very positive press conference from Gary Caldwell

On Erskine: ‘We had an offer from another club, Chris hasn’t been involved as much as he’d like and I understand his frustrations

He’s still very much part of our plans, he’s a fans favourite, trained well and in squad for Sat.’

That statement is pure PR spin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

Based on what we have seen so far in his Thistle career what do YOU see that makes you think he is soing an acceptable job. His performance thus far is indefensible.

And just so we are clear about this. Very FEW were calling for his head from when he was appointed. In fact i remember none. What i do recall was reasoned arguement, proportionate to his performance as the weeks went by, that several posters had concerns about.

For clarification,  i don't think he is capable of managing us......based on his performance so far. 

I'd be relieved if he walked tonight or rhe club dispensed with his services. BUT i firmly HOPE for the sake of my/our club that he IS the guy, he does manage to get the right blend of players and tactics AND is a resounding success. I don't see anything that makes me think he will but i hope i'm wrong and he takes us to promotion, cup and european success and i'm shown up to be a complete f@nny.

Based on his results, management of the players , comments made on media etc yes i want him gone. But for the avoidance of doubt i'll support the team ( and Caldwell), during matches.

(I appreciate you weren't asking for my opinion 1971 but i just couldn't help myself).

All fair comment.

watching events over the past couple of days 

and with the  knowledge that our ceo wasn't that keen on the appointment

i would suggest that we (the board) has in fact got a "get out of jail clause" in his contract

i honestly hope that he can turn this around and i'll be there on saturday supporting the jags

massive game on saturday  for thistle and the manager

we can do this, lets get at then from the off  :thumbsup2:

Just now, watties wallies said:

i would suggest that we (the board) has in fact got a "get out of jail clause" in his contract

i honestly hope that he can turn this around and i'll be there on saturday supporting the jags

I had to read that twice to check whether it rhymed.

Based on what we have seen so far in his Thistle career what do YOU see that makes you think he is soing an acceptable job. His performance thus far is indefensible.

And just so we are clear about this. Very FEW were calling for his head from when he was appointed. In fact i remember none. What i do recall was reasoned arguement, proportionate to his performance as the weeks went by, that several posters had concerns about.

For clarification,  i don't think he is capable of managing us......based on his performance so far. 

I'd be relieved if he walked tonight or rhe club dispensed with his services. BUT i firmly HOPE for the sake of my/our club that he IS the guy, he does manage to get the right blend of players and tactics AND is a resounding success. I don't see anything that makes me think he will but i hope i'm wrong and he takes us to promotion, cup and european success and i'm shown up to be a complete f@nny.

Based on his results, management of the players , comments made on media etc yes i want him gone. But for the avoidance of doubt i'll support the team ( and Caldwell), during matches.

(I appreciate you weren't asking for my opinion 1971 but i just couldn't help myself).

Like yourself Tb no more likes after only using 2 today. Anyway like.

9 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

Like.

18 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

What have you heard, seen or read, to make you think this is the case, and any definition on what such a "get out of jail clause"  entails?

Or is it just a gut feeling or hope of yours?

8 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

What's this?

It's been mentioned on here, P&B and other social media that GB apparently wasn't for GC being appointed, but JL (and possibly others) oevr-ruled/ignored his opinion. No idea as to whether such a rumour has any true substance to it though.

Struggling to believe GB wasn’t keen on Caldwell. Would have though as Chief Exec his opinion would have been of vital importance to the board. 

I agree that Caldwell has not had the start anyone wanted but I do think some of the criticism is OTT. I saw enough on Saturday to be encouraged that his team is going in the right direction. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ironfist said:

Struggling to believe GB wasn’t keen on Caldwell. Would have though as Chief Exec his opinion would have been of vital importance to the board. 

I agree that Caldwell has not had the start anyone wanted but I do think some of the criticism is OTT. I saw enough on Saturday to be encouraged that his team is going in the right direction. 

I agree - GB is a former Player - Manager - Asst Manager & academy Director - no way the Club wouldn't listen to his advice - as for the Contract he is a Lawyer and will know Football Contracts and negotiation clauses inside out - Caldwell was unemployed and there was a high number of quality candidates according to GB in the Press - we were in a strong position to dictate Contract terms IMO 

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I agree - GB is a former Player - Manager - Asst Manager & academy Director - no way the Club wouldn't listen to his advice - as for the Contract he is a Lawyer and will know Football Contracts and negotiation clauses inside out - Caldwell was unemployed and there was a high number of quality candidates according to GB in the Press - we were in a strong position to dictate Contract terms IMO 

In addition our chair had never interviewed or appointed a football manager before, nor had any other board member to my knowledge. And so expectation would be  they would listen to the guy with all these years experience in the game. 

Anyway it’s just another rumour  and we will never know  for sure. 

9 hours ago, north stander said:

What have you heard, seen or read, to make you think this is the case, and any definition on what such a "get out of jail clause"  entails?

Or is it just a gut feeling or hope of yours?

It's been mentioned on here, P&B and other social media that GB apparently wasn't for GC being appointed, but JL (and possibly others) oevr-ruled/ignored his opinion. No idea as to whether such a rumour has any true substance to it though.

I obviously wouldn't betry a confidence but i got it from my pal who is an ex player and coach and he is bestie's with a party who was preswnt during the discussion between the board, which included GB.

GB was not all tantrums and tiarras  (cannae be bothered to spell check that one) his position was simply one that GC had no record of management in scotland and hadn't exactly been all bells and whistles in englandshire. GB favoured a scottish based manager with previous experience and favourable track record as that was what he believed we needed at this difficult time.

JL's position was, and cleaely not a football performance based position, that GC had an outstanding interview. (All hot air, smoking mirrors).

This is the way of it in industry and the public sector now. Anyone can put themselves forward for a promotion, it is no longer all about how good you have been, how successful you have been prior to the promotion application, it's all about how good your interview is. 

So got it from a friends friend who was there. BTW, the friends friend is a third party has no agenda and is not a supporter if our club and has no direct involvement in the board etc. He's a prominent and (for a change) very much reapected football adviser & agent. Clearly this is not first hand as i waan't there but you can decide from the above.

Can i also re iterate what i posted before, i hope GC is a auccess at my/our club. I'm not spreading gossip for any nefarious reason, mur just a wee sweetie wife................can you say that nowadays??

:ptfc: mon the jags get intae this falkirk sh1te, batter the spirit of simple simon

I obviously wouldn't betry a confidence but i got it from my pal who is an ex player and coach and he is bestie's with a party who was preswnt during the discussion between the board, which included GB.

GB was not all tantrums and tiarras  (cannae be bothered to spell check that one) his position was simply one that GC had no record of management in scotland and hadn't exactly been all bells and whistles in englandshire. GB favoured a scottish based manager with previous experience and favourable track record as that was what he believed we needed at this difficult time.

JL's position was, and cleaely not a football performance based position, that GC had an outstanding interview. (All hot air, smoking mirrors).

This is the way of it in industry and the public sector now. Anyone can put themselves forward for a promotion, it is no longer all about how good you have been, how successful you have been prior to the promotion application, it's all about how good your interview is. 

So got it from a friends friend who was there. BTW, the friends friend is a third party has no agenda and is not a supporter if our club and has no direct involvement in the board etc. He's a prominent and (for a change) very much reapected football adviser & agent. Clearly this is not first hand as i waan't there but you can decide from the above.

Can i also re iterate what i posted before, i hope GC is a auccess at my/our club. I'm not spreading gossip for any nefarious reason, mur just a wee sweetie wife................can you say that nowadays??

:ptfc: mon the jags get intae this falkirk sh1te, batter the spirit of simple simon

Still out of likes. Thanks for letting us know Tb.:fan:

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

How can you can say they have no direct involvement in (with?) the board if they sat in on a board discussion about a managerial appointment. I suspect you've just ensured they'll never be present during any future discussion of a similar nature.

Edited by Dark Passenger
  • Like 2