Winter window

That 1 jags fan

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Someone from Derry City will come in soon  I heard tonight

That scouting network in England with all their detailed reports , database and whatsapp group coming up trumps again!

Fingers crossed for a signing which improves the squad immeasurably......

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

It’s not him, also another name hopefully before Saturday 

Hopefully it’s not just the keeper loan from Celtic, we definitely need a striker and a defender in before that, really don’t know much about strikers with Derry city but can’t be much worse than striking options here at present, if it’s someone like o dea in defence then that’s good to be an upgrade on keown and mcginty

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If it is someone from Derry then I doubt it is Hale as he is back with Birmingham now. Could it be a return for Darren Cole  who can play right back or central defence ?

Norge thistle said it’s a striker. 

I suspect the caanadian striker who shares an agent with Darren o dea.  Just because if we have been speaking to that agent anyway and mentioned the need for a striker. 

Plus there is the tie in to Caldwell’s brother being in Canada  

Edited by jaf

On 1/1/2019 at 9:19 AM, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Sad how his career has panned out.  Loads of talent.  Good to watch on his day.  Very calm.  Other issues may have caused him not to fulfill his potential.

Agreed- one of the most talented  natural footballers to have graced Firhill in the last few years.

Pity the "other issues" seem to have taken precedence.

Seems a strange signing if true. He was on loan at Dumbarton last season and struggled to hold down a place in the team. Dumbarton fans saw him as a winger that was defensively poor

Which of our current strikers is he likely to replace? I would have thought the striking/wingers hierarchy who have been the following: Doolan, Storey, Coulibally, Erskine, Fitzpatrick, Quitongo, Mutombo.

So even if you accept that Mutombo is not wanted and Quitongo will be released that would stilll make him 6th choice for maximum 3 slots? ( I refuse to believe Erkine is away, if so Caldwell and Low should resign)

Why waste money on anotherforward when there are other priorities (i.e. right-back, 2 centre-backs, centre-midfield)?

7 minutes ago, laukat said:

Seems a strange signing if true. He was on loan at Dumbarton last season and struggled to hold down a place in the team. Dumbarton fans saw him as a winger that was defensively poor

Which of our current strikers is he likely to replace? I would have thought the striking/wingers hierarchy who have been the following: Doolan, Storey, Coulibally, Erskine, Fitzpatrick, Quitongo, Mutombo.

So even if you accept that Mutombo is not wanted and Quitongo will be released that would stilll make him 6th choice for maximum 3 slots? ( I refuse to believe Erkine is away, if so Caldwell and Low should resign)

Why waste money on anotherforward when there are other priorities (i.e. right-back, 2 centre-backs, centre-midfield)?

That bunch have struggled to score double figures between them so far this season.

We desperately need someone who can put the ball in the opposition goal.

We desperately need a midfield who can create the chances.

We desperately need a defence that can stop the opposition scoring.

We desperately need a manager who can organise a team properly and play attacking football.

We’re desperate.