Winter window

That 1 jags fan

22 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Immediately believe this to be good news for us. If however on the unlike event Abdul is even three-quarters way back to his best then I fear we're totally ******.

Whilst I have so little confidence in Caldwell signing any potential match winner, if Falkirk and others sign yesterday men then the transfer window could work in our favour. 

We have signed Harkins. Is he not yesterday's man or even the day before ?

18 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Roy sounds like Storey very quick but not munch else.

There is a bit of him on Youtube and he might have Storey's pace but also looks to be a bit more direct (ala Dools) in his play towards goal (looks to be a battler as well).    I'd take the swap.

The 2012/13 version of any of that team would be a stand out in the current squad, and they're nearly all of an age where they should have developed. Yet really only O'Donnell and arguably Lawless are playing at a higher level than they were back then. What happened? Scottish football just grinding them down?

9 minutes ago, allyo said:

The 2012/13 version of any of that team would be a stand out in the current squad, and they're nearly all of an age where they should have developed. Yet really only O'Donnell and arguably Lawless are playing at a higher level than they were back then. What happened? Scottish football just grinding them down?

Injury free Banzo and Welsh would I reckon have had careers at a higher level (Bannigan may still have). Doolan I believe has scored more goals in the top tier than this one. Probably says as much about the state of the game that a top division club couldn't absorb a skilled player like Ross Forbes into their squad. Felt a bit for Muirhead. Promotion came too quickly for him. He'd only really played a handful of games as a centreback and would still have had a lot to learn. 

Even with these few exceptions it could be argued re the 2012/13 squad the whole was greater than the sum of the parts.

It was obvious McKinnon was going to do better business than Caldwell. He knows this league. We needed a decent gap on Falkirk come January as everyone knew they were going to be active and we haven't got it. We're finishing bottom.

Edited by Hankey

Falkirk certainly appear to have started the window with a couple of decent signings. Having seen all the teams in the division though I genuinely don’t think there is much between all the teams. A couple of decent defensive signings for us would make a big difference.